What's new

Question Wake-up Slide

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Am I missing something here? It seems to be a safe on block wakeup option that also gets invincibility when uses it as a wakeup. Also it seems to get Frost out of cross-up setups since she just dashes away safely or hits them. Other than blowing a bar on an armored attack what are characters supposed to use to counter this move? Thanks for any replies.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Between her parry and her slide, it's probably best to back off with a jump back or neutral jump, or stand out of throw range and do a MB f+3 delayed to beat either option.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
You won't want to meaty her with a NJ, you'll want to punish where she'll be after wake-up slide. I think you meant that, though.

D

Deleted member 9158

Anyone have any tips as how to punish Black ice? it's only -4 on block...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Oh, yes that would've helped. I main Harley Quinn and the Joker.
Ok... first thing is you cannot truly punish her, but she is at a frame disadvantage and your characters have some good low attacks so she cannot parry you for using them.

After blocking a slide...
* with Joker, use b+1 as she cannot parry this.
* with Harley, use b+2. Be careful because this move has like a 12 frame startup but it hits low. You can also go straight into Tantrum Stance which hits low and catches KF if she tries to backdash.
* Both, throw.

To truly punish a wakeup slide, you cannot block it!
* f+3 or b+3 MB has 1 hit of armor and you get a full combo on a read.
* Jump back from jump distance into full jump combo.

D

Deleted member 9158

Ok... first thing is you cannot truly punish her, but she is at a frame disadvantage and your characters have some good low attacks so she cannot parry you for using them.

After blocking a slide...
* with Joker, use b+1 as she cannot parry this.
* with Harley, use b+2. Be careful because this move has like a 12 frame startup but it hits low. You can also go straight into Tantrum Stance which hits low and catches KF if she tries to backdash.
* Both, throw.

To truly punish a wakeup slide, you cannot block it!
* f+3 or b+3 MB has 1 hit of armor and you get a full combo on a read.
* Jump back from jump distance into full jump combo.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the effort you put into that post!