What's new

Question - Kenshi Wake up issues

I'm curious as to whether anyone else has issues with exDB1 as an armor wake up? For some unknown reason I get tons of execution errors with this most basic of inputs. It has cost me more games than I wish to admit.

Is it purely a case of leveling up or has anyone else got experience with this and have a decent way to stop it happening? Sounds stupid but I'm getting salty af.

gibster13

A fan of fans
With db1 you must space it right. People can jump it and it wiffs all the time ;-; In all variations it will often wiff so you must choose careful. Don't depend on wake ups because they can get you out of everything. Try and make your opponent forget about db1 because they will expect it then block it then punish it. Be careful

For me it's not the fact that it is whiffing. I have an issue where the move doesn't even come out, I end up standing then doing a crouching 1... Lol. I'm pretty sure it's just a case of level up, but I still find it infuriating. Especially when Liu Kang puts you in a corner and drops you with F444. Even blocking it correctly, the last 4 places him too far away to punish unless you get wakeup Risking Karma to come out. This is just what I've found, if anyone else has any input, that'd be great.

Another question, does delayed wake up stop you from then doing a wake up attack?

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
its just a level up issue, when you hold down the game is thinking you want to do a delayed wake up, I have a similar issue

Noob
I get the same problem, I compulsively hold down getting ready to put in the input, and it makes me delay wakeup. Practice, practice, practice.