What's new

Wake-Up Issues

Landonio

n00b
1. Ok, I've noticed that sometimes no matter what I do after a knockdown, even if I guess correctly, I still get hit. I don't understand. This could just be due to online and the shitty netkode, but it's incredibly annoying. A move that tends to catch me nearly everytime is Liu Kang's stupid braindead 4-hit combo starting with the low kick that everyone and their mother abuses online. Even when I know it's coming, which it does 10/10 times, I still get tagged on wake-up. Super annoying and frustrating. It's almost like there's a get-up frame or something, but I'm hoping it's just due to lag.

2. That could just be because of online, but this one certainly isn't online-dependent. I'm having trouble pulling off EX wake-up attacks. And I mean getting the actual "wake-up" notification in training, not just doing an EX attack after you get up. That's easy-peazy. But actual wake-up attacks are quite inconsistent for me. I have a little more success offline than online, but still. One of the best wake-up options for my three mains (Sonya, Reptile, and Sub), is B,F+4 (Leg Grab and Slide). But what happens sometimes is I get a tech roll instead, and then just get tagged. The other times I either get the NORMAL (no-EX) wake-up, or just get nothing at all and get hit. I've literally been basically OHK'd in the corner a few times because I was stubborn and tried to EX wake-up after every knockdown, and did not get it ONCE. If I practice in training mode, I can get it MAYBE 6/10 times. I don't understand why NRS made the timing so weird for EX attacks compared to the normal ones. If someone could just tell me the proper timing or something, because I'm kinda clueless as to what it should be.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

EDIT: Also, follow up question: is it impossible to perform a wake-up attack after a delayed get-up (laying down)?

Landonio

n00b
ill answer your followup question. Yes it is impossible to wake up after delaying your get up
Good to know. That's what I assumed but wasn't sure. You definitely can wake-up after a tech roll though. I didn't even find that out until recently.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
@Heartwire Hard knockdowns do not prevent wakeups.

It's really just a combination of online and simply not being accustomed to the timing yet.
I was convinced they did :confused:
Everytime I get a hard knockdown on someone they never wake up, same when it happends to me, I can't wake up.
Then what does a Hard knockdown do?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Everytime I get a hard knockdown on someone they never wake up, same when it happends to me, I can't wake up.
You must be using Sonya, Cassie Cage or Erron Black. Those are scary characters to wake up next to

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
A hard knockdown is un-techable. you cannot tech roll, meaning i know you have to stay on the ground a certain number of frames before you can do anything. you can of course still delay your wake up but then lose your ability to wake up armor.
Must he a network issue then, cause it happends all the time when I get or do a hard knockdown, I figured it was somewhat different in this game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A big issue with the hard knockdowns is if you sometimes have to do a down input, the wakeup is finnicky and makes you delay your wakeup.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
A big issue with the hard knockdowns is if you sometimes have to do a down input, the wakeup is finnicky and makes you delay your wakeup.
Considering I play Ermac, and his only wakeup options really are Soulburst and Teleport, which both start with DOWN this explains why I'm having trouble getting stuff out after a hard knockdown (On normal knockdowns it works fine, but since hard ones force you to stay down for a few frames this explains it)