What's new

vVv CD Jr wins MK9 at MLG's Spring Fighter Arena in NYC

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Is it just me or did it look like Curbo was trying to dash block Brady's ice clones? There were more than a couple instances where Curbo just straight up dashed into a clone.

Or did Brady just truly mindfuck Curbo that badly? TELL THE TRUTH CURBO

DeathTouch

Iceman
Yeah Detroit Ermac is really the only Ermac that ever impressed me. But that doesn't mean hes a high tier character. Its just Detroit is a really good player.
I agree you on that one. He used Ermac like nobody has before. Detroit is top 3 player in the world IMO

DeathTouch

Iceman
So I got 5th in the arena, with maxter winning by the skin of his fucking teeth because I played sloppy and dropped key shit.

I can't break 4th - 5th... Dominicans and REO keeping me down :(
Hey Man. Yeah you dropped combos. Specially ex SB resets. IMO you played great and I love seeing your Smoke Gameplay.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Detroit is so much fun to watch. You never know which character he is going to pull out and he's so creative. Overall, great tourney and congrats CD Jr.! Somebody PLEASE stop him. :p

Good shit to y'all especially the top 4. Props to Curbo as well for his win against CD Jr. Bigger props to CD Jr and REO for not counterpicking. And damn that guy called Detroit, lol, you made my night. I live in a time zone 5 hours ahead of the United States but you made my night and dawn worth the while. Detroit could have won with that Ermac if he wasnt going for that fancy uppercut combo. Trust me if Detroit had gone for that Ermac B'n'B after hit confirming, he would have taken the tournament. But once again, congrats guys.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
REO and CDJr both sticking with their characters - particularly CDJr in the post-tournament interview proclaiming that he's sticking with Jax 100% - is one of the best things to come out of this. With the community so divided over the nature of this game, it's good to see more top players saying that yes, you CAN learn all the matchups and stick with your main.

Speaking of which, despite how godlike it is to watch Detroit play all those characters, I sometimes wish he'd stick with Shang. It's incredible to watch him play that character and I just love seeing it hahaha.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Speaking of which, despite how godlike it is to watch Detroit play all those characters, I sometimes wish he'd stick with Shang. It's incredible to watch him play that character and I just love seeing it hahaha.
You understand how Shang works right?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thats the problem with the whole MU idea with this game. People see a character do well and just assume its the character, not the player.

Detroit is just a lot better, skill wise, which is the biggest factor in character MU's.
That Ermac play was nothing I have ever seen. Death is Metzoz right ?
Yeah Detroit Ermac is really the only Ermac that ever impressed me. But that doesn't mean hes a high tier character. Its just Detroit is a really good player.
#1 reason I say mu and tier charts are crap

Its not the character

Pig Of The Hut

So I got 5th in the arena, with maxter winning by the skin of his fucking teeth because I played sloppy and dropped key shit.

I can't break 4th - 5th... Dominicans and REO keeping me down :(
Be happy though

you were a featured player on a 3000k-4000k attended stream

Pig Of The Hut

Major congrats to cd jr and Detroit and all the top 8

You guys looked great and really showcased our game and community

edit: I cant believe detroit counter picked with ermac, UGH....lol JK <---this is a joke, dont blast me

exyle

Noob
Reo looked unstoppable until he met with CDjr's Jax. CDjr is still the best though.
Amazing showing by Detroit's Ermac. Surprised everyone with him for sure.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeeeeees... I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
To be a master Shang Player one must basically know all characters on a high level. If Ballin would have stuck with shang his only advantage was soul steal Jax, that wasn't working, so being a master shang player Ballin actually morphed into a High Level Ermac player.

Just saying, I don't see the problem with choosing another character if the one your using isn't working at the time. It may not be a counter pick, it might just be, "well that dude just figured me out with that guy, who else could I use" . Especially if your a known Shang Player, because right away your opponent has to respect the hell out of whoever you choose.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
1. CD jr is an Olympian god among men. Congrats, Manny :D.

2. If that makes Junior Zeus, DetroitBalln313 would definitely be Hades.
In my entirety of time watching/playing MK9, I have NEEEEEEVER gone as crazy as I did during those Ermac matches. Fucking upside-down uppercut into B34 Push? More iAFB's than you can count with an abacus? If ANYONE out there needed proof that Ermac is viable as fuck and underutilized as hell, they just got it. Thankfully, my happy ass has played him forever, so I don't have to do the cramped in dance on the impending bandwagon. Awesome stuff, Dee. Jeezus.

3. Brady, troll-free and at the peak of positivity, is the best commentator in the game.
Definitely made the show a butt-ton better :).

Great, great show, you guys. You'll all be missed at ECT :(.

exyle

Noob
Honestly I played pretty poorly in the arena; I'm surprised that REO was the only one who blew me up.
I always love watching your Smoke, so I was rooting for you.

I don't think you played poorly (except wasting meter on failed resets), but why did you choose Kenshi against Reo's kabal when your secondary is Jax?
And, actually, why didn't you start with Jax? You knew Reo was only using Kabal.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I was away this weekend and couldn't see any of the matches. Is there a way I can see the matches now? If not I'd just like to know who beat who.