What's new

VSM vs Detroit Mirror Match Gauntlet!

Altaire

Noob
They sure did learn how to fight him. They bought a hitbox and out herped his derp.
I can't even tell how serious this post is, but I honestly can't think of a single pro player in NYC who uses a Hitbox, other than REO. Most of them use TEs or PS3/2 pads.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Sorry I offended everyone by suggesting that F0xy just might be on the same skill level as VSM players, and that it would be interesting if we were able to get him to NEC.

**Edited by 9.95 to remove unnecessary stuff.

Altaire

Noob
Stop trying to get this thread closed. You have a tendency to mess up every thing that is interesting on this website.
...Hey guys, should I tell him?

And no, you suggested that Foxy would beat CD Jr if he came over here. Not even that he could, that he would. You explicitly stated that Foxy should come to Evo so he could prove that his online win (from across a fucking ocean, just for the record) wasn't a fluke. This isn't even acknowledging the possibility of CD Jr beating Foxy, as though he'd just be free as fuck if they ever fought. Foxy is a good player from all I've seen, but you can't assume he'd be able to beat a guy who's taken first at every tournament he's attended, tournaments that were largely populated by the best in the scene.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
...Hey guys, should I tell him?

And no, you suggested that Foxy would beat CD Jr if he came over here. Not even that he could, that he would. You explicitly stated that Foxy should come to Evo so he could prove that his online win (from across a fucking ocean, just for the record) wasn't a fluke. This isn't even acknowledging the possibility of CD Jr beating Foxy, as though he'd just be free as fuck if they ever fought. Foxy is a good player from all I've seen, but you can't assume he'd be able to beat a guy who's taken first at every tournament he's attended, tournaments that were largely populated by the best in the scene.
Dude, you run a competitive show all based on online matches and provide play by play coverage. You of all people should understand the seriousness of online competitive play.

All I suggested is that if F0xy were to come to NEC he would recreate the same results. It's something i'd like to see, and it's something I think brings hype to this game and event.

Altaire

Noob
Dude, you run a competitive show all based on online matches and provide play by play coverage. You of all people should understand the seriousness of online competitive play.

All I suggested is that if F0xy were to come to NEC he would recreate the same results.
I don't run Mortal Monday, by the way. I commentate, interview and scout players.

Though hey, since you don't seem to get the point, Mortal Monday is just aimed at involving everyone in the community. The two opening bouts are meant for all players, no matter how good or bad they are, to get themselves out there. The midcard bouts are usually aimed at showcasing the lesser-known talent, which is why we had someone like Snips in the midcard of week 1. No one knew who the hell he was back then, whereas now, he's known by some for losing to REO by a hair in the winner's finals at Salty Battles 5; Brady's praised him up and down for his tourney showings. The main events are where we try to stick to established players that everyone will want to see, and to that end, we try to make those offline matches wherever possible; Shory vs. Krazy and Crazy Dominican vs. CD Sr were both recorded offline, to that end.

Not one of us takes online play seriously. I've said a thousand times that online play is just practice for offline play when it isn't available to you, and ONLY if you and your opponent use strategies that are transferrable to offline play. THTB openly stated that this is exactly how he keeps himself in tournament shape, as he has no one to practice with locally. 16 Bit does the same, and so did Perfect Legend when he still played. Mortal Monday is something we do for fun.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Altaire. I'm pretty sure Sao is just trying to hype it up. In the same way I say NY>>>>>>>>>>AZ and Eurotrash.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I just wanna make a quick point about this thread I find most amusing...

The fact that Sao87 knows the only good players in the Arizona Mk community is Detroit Ballin. So he makes this thread show casing all the vsm players playing against him. Also he somehow brings A F0xy Grandpa into this convo and says he wants to see him flown over to fight CD JR b/c...u knw his crew can't do it themselves seeing how the top 3 players of Devi weren't even Arizona Players.

Like idk what ur deal is bro? Its like whenever someone mentions VSM or NY players you go ape shit and start to complain saying "NY players are over hyped" Bro like we all acknowledge players from the WC its just for some reason people love us. We can't help it!!! Idky you come here and start these threads , even though u didnt really start shit on this particular one, and start trashing players or start these flame wars. Its kinda like...u knw sad.

I mean you have a stream, which was a perfect way to get your scene recognized, but like no one pays attention to it b/c ur kinda lame and rude. I mean we as a community would recognize you guys more often if you guys didn't cry about losing to Kabal at Devi and then buying a hitbox and playing kabal right afterwards.

Theres no need to be so rude to everyone dude Everyone at VSM doesn't care for the petty rivalry bs...maybe JamesMK b/c hes a troll, but we all just want to play and compare our skill levels with other people around the MK community and share tech, but I guess you don't have the same mindset that we do.

Well I hear you and your bro might be coming down to NEC...hope u guys come prepared b/c they way you've been treating mk players lately...people aren't gonna be as welcome as others on ur arrival. Just saying...I hope you guys do well at NEC and make the Arizona scene shine (And this isnt me being a dick I'm legit serious about u 2 doing well at NEC).

jamessmk

I am your god
WoW.... WoW, Mario... Troll? Yes, I do troll. And proud of it. I love to see the shit talking, smack bringing, ass whooping in the forums. I unequivocal can not deny it. It is all this that fuels the community. I wish more of this happened. Let the talkers talk, unless they produce, they are just another player. It ain't about, majors. They are few and far between. It is about the one on ones and team battles, that will fuel this community. This is what will hype the scene. Rep your land, and prove your skills. Just remember at the end of the day. We are all the community. We can all get along.

Noob
SINCE I'M LEAVING FOR WORK RIGHT NOW, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO CLEAN THIS THREAD, BUT IT WILL BE CLEANED DURING THE DAY.

FIRST OF ALL, ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? THIS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A GREAT EVENT, AND IS NOW MARRED WITH THE POCK MARK OF PERSONAL INSULTS...

YOU WANNA SAY "YOUR JAX IS ASS, IT'LL GET BEAT BY A BLINDFOLDED 8YR OLD USING HIS TOES" THAT'S FINE... BUT PERSONAL INSULTS OVER THIS?

BOTTOM LINE: NEXT PERSONAL INSULT I SEE I AM GIVING A 1 WEEK BAN NOT ONLY TO THE PERSON WHO MADE THE INSULT BUT ALSO TO 2 RANDOM PEOPLE ON THAT PERSON'S FRIEND LIST...

IF YOU BAIT SOMEONE INTO A PERSONAL INSULT TO GET THEM BANNED, YOU ARE GETTING PERMA-BANNED, AGAIN WITH 2 RANDOM PEOPLE ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST.

YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOURSELVES FOR YOURSELF, CONTROL YOURSELF FOR YOUR FRIENDS.

GET THIS DAMN THREAD ON TOPIC....

VSM GUYS: WE'RE ALL FRIENDS, BUT UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE A JOB AS A MODERATOR TO DO HERE...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Here's how I see it

VSM - 5 majors and perennial top 4-8 finishes. VSM as of right now contains the collective group of best players which is #1 reason I choose to go to NEC OVER SCR.

I only want to compete w the best. They took out atlanta's best handedly so I'd like to see how I do.

With that being said I think Detroit is on the same level as the all VSM and is a outstanding player.

Basically my point of this post is you have to sit back and respect all vsm has accomplished w their stream, representation at tourneys and raising the bar w certain characters.

Not kissing ass just being real.

Regardless, I want to see Detroit vs vsm as well vs the world

question ?

1) why is not detroit himself who is making this challange ?

2)if he wants to challenge vsm why mirror matches and not the best he got against vsm? this is the question i want an answere for because if vsm win it will mean nothing because detroit was not at his best but if detroit beat one of the vsm players in a mirror match it will be a big deal monney matches are not all about the monney you know?

Altaire

Noob
question ?

2)if he wants to challenge vsm why mirror matches and not the best he got against against vsm? this is the question i want to a answere for because if vsm win it will mean nothing because detroit was not at his best but if detroit beat one of the vsm players in a mirror match it will be a big deal monney matches are not all about the monney you know?
Nevermind that a majority of the pro players I've talked to think (most) mirror matches are inconclusive.

When you have something like a Kung Lao mirror, where both players have a wide array of tools, it's not so bad. When you have something like a Sub mirror, it really comes down to "get an early life lead then turtle turtle turtle to run the clock out". Cyrax mirrors are just constant net spam. Kitana mirrors are just fan spam. Noob mirrors are just teleslam spam. Cyber Sub mirrors turn into a parry and divekick contest.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
question ?

2)if he wants to challenge vsm why mirror matches and not the best he got against vsm? this is the question i want an answere for because if vsm win it will mean nothing because detroit was not at his best but if detroit beat one of the vsm players in a mirror match it will be a big deal monney matches are not all about the monney you know?
It was just an idea I had that I thought would be interesting since I feel like he is an amazing player with a ton of characters. I've talked to him about it and he told me he feels comfortable enough to do something like this and would do it if people were willing to make it happen.

Again, this idea came to me as sort of a throw back to arcade mode in the original Mortal Kombat where you were put in a mirror match situation before fighting Shang Tsung.

I have a ton of respect for VSM and truly can't deny that they are the most dominant group of players in Mortal Kombat 9. But there is another side to that coin which would be the talent I see scattered all over the world.

When I say things like I would like to see F0xy, Detroit, Morty, Pig, Perfect Legend, ATL Redd, etc vs X person at VSM its because I believe its something the community would enjoy seeing.

If everyone were to bend over and accept VSM's dominance don't you think the game would get a little boring?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Real talk.

If any state could beat VSM, it would be Ohio. Fortunately for VSM, Ohio's most accomplished player no longer plays the game. I would have liked our chances with Perfect Legend, THTB, Master D., Forever King, and me.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Real talk.

If any state could beat VSM, it would be Ohio. Fortunately for VSM, Ohio's most accomplished player no longer plays the game. I would have liked our chances with Perfect Legend, THTB, Master D., Forever King, and me.
How, SoCal by themselves has tough competition. Can you imagine the entire WC?

EGP Tyrant, Michaelangelo, Shoryuken, Online Tony, myself among others. And this isn't even counting all the Arizona greats.

Ohio needs to hit that training mode a bit harder. Just saying. :violin:

*Instigating a civil war...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Real talk.

Hey remember when Ohio won Seasons Beatings???

Neither do i

***troll mode off***

real talk

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Krayzie said:
How, SoCal by themselves has tough competition. Can you imagine the entire WC?

EGP Tyrant, Michaelangelo, Shoryuken, Online Tony, myself among others. And this isn't even counting all the Arizona greats.

Ohio needs to hit that training mode a bit harder. Just saying. :violin:

*Instigating a civil war...
Let me get this straight. You want to go against VSM with a team that has two Kabal players and one Jax player? Have at it, man.

Pig Of The Hut said:
Hey remember when Ohio won Seasons Beatings???

Neither do i

***troll mode off***

real talk
Did you not pick ATL_REDD to win?

Pig, I hope your gameplay is better than your predictions.

REO

Undead
Real talk.

You guys had your chance when we were all there. But you know who to blame for that. I mean, I didn't expect to see so much chicken at SBV when there was a Kains right next door.

Pig, I hope your gameplay is better than your predictions.
Ouch.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
detroit should do it in true shang tsung fashion and just spend the whole match morphing.