What's new

Match-up Discussion VSM Jailhouse's batgirl matchup chart

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I'm curious as to hear why you think she loses to Nightwing. Granted, I have very little Batgirl experince, but she can duck MB Staff Spin (a huge part of his corner game in staff) and completely takes away his wingdings.

I could be completely wrong, I'd like to hear batgirl mains thoughts.

I'm curious as to hear why you think she loses to Nightwing. Granted, I have very little Batgirl experince, but she can duck MB Staff Spin (a huge part of his corner game in staff) and completely takes away his wingdings.

I could be completely wrong, I'd like to hear batgirl mains thoughts.
Staff NW D1 just wrecks her and she can't stop him from spamming it.

She has to respect it so much it just opens him to just toss in his overhead or whatever at his leisure.

Gap in D1-redemption? D1.

B2_U3 blocked? D1

B2_D3 blocked? D1.

it just sucks.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Staff NW D1 just wrecks her and she can't stop him from spamming it.

She has to respect it so much it just opens him to just toss in his overhead or whatever at his leisure.

Gap in D1-redemption? D1.

B2_U3 blocked? D1

B2_D3 blocked? D1.

it just sucks.
To be fair, d1 only won't get him far. He only gets 4 in a row before the opponent is out of range.

Also most of his stuff in stance is fuzzyable.

2 is 22 frames, you can fuzzy 1f1 and 1f2, the only thing you cannot fuzzy in staff is 1f2 and 1d3.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
When he goes into trait, you need to score a knockdown which batgirl can easily do. The only time you vortex is when his trait is over. And I specifically can tele staff on reaction by the way, dont underestimate me~
You can't tele from the deep on reaction. It's impossible. FTD has 19 frames start up and tele has at least 20 (even though it says 15) because you can't punish a blocked FTD with teleport either.

EDIT:
Just test dd3 against Killer Frost's spike (-26) and it wouldn't punish that either.

To be fair, d1 only won't get him far. He only gets 4 in a row before the opponent is out of range.

Also most of his stuff in stance is fuzzyable.

2 is 22 frames, you can fuzzy 1f1 and 1f2, the only thing you cannot fuzzy in staff is 1f2 and 1d3.
Sure, but D1 is the wall that basically becomes a force field. It doesn't matter if his mixup options are that great... if BG literally CANNOT do anything.

NW, AM, and Superman are her 3 worst MUs.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Sure, but D1 is the wall that basically becomes a force field. It doesn't matter if his mixup options are that great... if BG literally CANNOT do anything.

Like I said, I don't know the batgirl MU in particular, I just was saying d1 d1 d1 won't get him far.

Thank you for your explanation though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
BG can punish scoop with a launch by dashing->Flying Bat.

Trident Rush's last hit sometimes whiffs her crouching, which makes it super punishable.

Sure, the matchup's hard... but you can't just play it like any other match. Do different stuff. Don't try to vortex him when he has trait.

Go for max damage combos. Stuff like that.
You can punish scoop with b12 into full damage (although a good aquaman won't just randomly chuck out scoop)

The problem with going for max damage is that all batgirl's max damage combos don't launch till second hit so he can trait and block the second hit whenever he wants. But yeah, you do have to play this match differently. Jumping just outside his antiair range and baiting his d2 to get the teleport.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

I wouldn't say superman is that bad of a MU. She deals pretty well with his zoning thanks to teleport, and she gets a free out of his f23 pressure with reversal bat evade.

You can punish scoop with b12 into full damage (although a good aquaman won't just randomly chuck out scoop)

The problem with going for max damage is that all batgirl's max damage combos don't launch till second hit so he can trait and block the second hit whenever he wants. But yeah, you do have to play this match differently. Jumping just outside his antiair range and baiting his d2 to get the teleport.
If a good AM does scoop (which he needs to to have a mixup game), he'll use trait to make sure B12 doesn't combo.

Dash->Flying Bat solves that issue by launching in 1 hit.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
You can't tele from the deep on reaction. It's impossible. FTD has 19 frames start up and tele has at least 20 (even though it says 15) because you can't punish a blocked FTD with teleport either.

EDIT:
Just test dd3 against Killer Frost's spike (-26) and it wouldn't punish that either.
Again, I dont think you understand, I punish his trident offline on raction all the time, but I am usually fullscreen in mid air when he does it. You can literally watch his hand go down when he does it which is why I wait, and her vorttex isnt her only viable option. She has many many mixups that can knock down aquaman.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Again, I dont think you understand, I punish his trident offline on raction all the time, but I am usually fullscreen in mid air when he does it. You can literally watch his hand go down when he does it which is why I wait, and her vorttex isnt her only viable option. She has many many mixups that can knock down aquaman.
Did you read my post before? Why would they trident when you're in the air? What I said was unless you're in the air or predict it good luck.

EDIT:
Also, the only knockdown you can do on a traited aquaman is sweep (d3). All others can be teched or don't launch till second hit which can be blocked.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Did you read my post before? Why would they trident when you're in the air? What I said was unless you're in the air or predict it good luck.

EDIT:
Also, the only knockdown you can do on a traited aquaman is sweep (d3). All others can be teched or don't launch till second hit which can be blocked.
Look, all I can say is play me. People keep thinking that BG's vortex is her ownly thing going for her when its not. Scoring a knockdown is extremely easy considering that BG has knockdowns that result in 50/50's upon 50/50s. Sure if you say the MU is 6-4, be my guest. Even if the whole community says 6-4, IMO i believe its a 5-5.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Look, all I can say is play me. People keep thinking that BG's vortex is her ownly thing going for her when its not. Scoring a knockdown is extremely easy considering that BG has knockdowns that result in 50/50's upon 50/50s. Sure if you say the MU is 6-4, be my guest. Even if the whole community says 6-4, IMO i believe its a 5-5.
I can't play you because I'm in Aus and on the PS3. Everyone says the MU is 7-3 not 6-4 because it's just that shitty. I know how to play against aquaman. I frequently play a great AM in Aus. I know how the MU changes and what you need to do in this situation. The fact still remains that this MU is not even close to even. There is nothing you can do against a good aquaman.

You can't outzone him because of FTD
You can't vortex him because of trait
You can't max damage him because all batgirl's moves don't launch till second hit.
You can't jump on him because of his god like anti-air.
You can't punish FTD unless you're a friggen psychic
You can't dash up and attempt to engage as aquaman outranges all of batgirl's moves and can use unsafe specials (such as scoop) safely because of trait.

I'm telling you that if you think this MU is that easy, go play Tom Brady and prove how we're all playing the MU wrong.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I can't play you because I'm in Aus and on the PS3. Everyone says the MU is 7-3 not 6-4 because it's just that shitty. I know how to play against aquaman. I frequently play a great AM in Aus. I know how the MU changes and what you need to do in this situation. The fact still remains that this MU is not even close to even. There is nothing you can do against a good aquaman.

You can't outzone him because of FTD
You can't vortex him because of trait
You can't max damage him because all batgirl's moves don't launch till second hit.
You can't jump on him because of his god like anti-air.
You can't punish FTD unless you're a friggen psychic
You can't dash up and attempt to engage as aquaman outranges all of batgirl's moves and can use unsafe specials (such as scoop) safely because of trait.

I'm telling you that if you think this MU is that easy, go play Tom Brady and prove how we're all playing the MU wrong.
I never said the MU was easy, and I occasionally do play with Tom Brady on PS3 and I have taken a lot of sets using BG against his Aquaman with the final score being way in my favor. Its probably because he doesnt know the MU but, it is very possible. It could be close to even as well. Again, sure he outranges her, but your acting like BG still cant start her own pressure. His trait lasts like what, 2 seconds? And then is gone for 8 seconds. During that time, is when you take him on. I even at tournaments use Batgirl against Aquaman, and I expose them as well. It is not as bad as people say it is, and she can still vortex as well. And considering that BG has the best JI2 in the game, when he goes to AA me, we often trade so he really cant get a follow up.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I never said the MU was easy, and I occasionally do play with Tom Brady on PS3 and I have taken a lot of sets using BG against his Aquaman with the final score being way in my favor. Its probably because he doesnt know the MU but, it is very possible. It could be close to even as well. Again, sure he outranges her, but your acting like BG still cant start her own pressure. His trait lasts like what, 2 seconds? And then is gone for 8 seconds. During that time, is when you take him on. I even at tournaments use Batgirl against Aquaman, and I expose them as well. It is not as bad as people say it is, and she can still vortex as well. And considering that BG has the best JI2 in the game, when he goes to AA me, we often trade so he really cant get a follow up.
Edit: and I am also on PS3 as well if you want to play and truly see the MU is at least 6-4, not 7-3. Its not that bad.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Edit: and I am also on PS3 as well if you want to play and truly see the MU is at least 6-4, not 7-3. Its not that bad.
I live in Australia, PSN has different net codes. Also, lag would be too bad even if we did play on XBox. If you say it's not that bad, I'm gonna have to trust you, but I just can't see how this could be even. The aquamen I play I tend to go even with, but that's mostly MU inexperience and the fact that I get Ferris half the time from what I can gather (things like traiting too early and allowing me to wait out bola then go for the 50/50 at the end). On a traited bola'd aquaman what do you do? (I'm honestly curious). Usually I go b3, ji3, 212~db2u. Are you suggesting I go for the d3 sweep? Is that better? I suppose you could start your oki pressure and aquaman has shitty hella punishable wake ups so you might get a vortex or max damage opportunity out of it.

It just seems against aquaman I have to work 10x harder then any other opponent. I've learnt to be a lot more patient but still find the MU challenging. Also, just something I thought I'd share, I think a blocked FTD can be punished by reversal batarang... I think. Haven't tested it yet.

sgZick

Noob
Why you think she has an advantage on Green Lantern? I see that as even, there is some stuff you have to condition yourself of not doing (like air OA's) at all, but when you play defensive and wait for punish opportunities she is very managable. She can't outzone him has advantages in his face, but normally will take a beating trying to get in on a patient and defensive Lantern.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Why you think she has an advantage on Green Lantern? I see that as even, there is some stuff you have to condition yourself of not doing (like air OA's) at all, but when you play defensive and wait for punish opportunities she is very managable. She can't outzone him has advantages in his face, but normally will take a beating trying to get in on a patient and defensive Lantern.
Green lantern plays best at about b1 range and further out at lantern's might range. Batgirl can get in quite easily on green lantern due to her nice dash and she also outzones him (cause GL has to be extremely careful for fear of teleport punishment. You might argue that trait minigun has more range but I think she can reversal db3 1 the end and basically charge full screen at you, and trait has cool down and is needed for combos. Not to mention if she jumps the first hit it's vortex time.). Batgirl can also back dash the straight rocket and make it miss (unless its MB'd). This leads to good mind games with dash cancelled bolas. GL has a hard time getting in on batgirl in general really. Batgirl also vastly out damages him and she nullifies his vortex as her wake ups (df2 and db2) are both viable so you can't cross her up and go for the reset. She is also much less meter reliant than GL so can push block his pressure and almost always has meter come clash time.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I live in Australia, PSN has different net codes. Also, lag would be too bad even if we did play on XBox. If you say it's not that bad, I'm gonna have to trust you, but I just can't see how this could be even. The aquamen I play I tend to go even with, but that's mostly MU inexperience and the fact that I get Ferris half the time from what I can gather (things like traiting too early and allowing me to wait out bola then go for the 50/50 at the end). On a traited bola'd aquaman what do you do? (I'm honestly curious). Usually I go b3, ji3, 212~db2u. Are you suggesting I go for the d3 sweep? Is that better? I suppose you could start your oki pressure and aquaman has shitty hella punishable wake ups so you might get a vortex or max damage opportunity out of it.

It just seems against aquaman I have to work 10x harder then any other opponent. I've learnt to be a lot more patient but still find the MU challenging. Also, just something I thought I'd share, I think a blocked FTD can be punished by reversal batarang... I think. Haven't tested it yet.
Pretty much, you want to abuse the hell out of her cartwheel. You get to do a mixup off of a mixup whn he traits, whereas, one of them will score a knockdown if he guess wrong, then you start your pressure.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Pretty much, you want to abuse the hell out of her cartwheel. You get to do a mixup off of a mixup whn he traits, whereas, one of them will score a knockdown if he guess wrong, then you start your pressure.
Te aquaman I play back dashes the last hit of cartwheel and then whiff punishes.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You should be able to usually score a hit from the 50/50 setups from before. Tom brady does the same, but I usually have him in the corner by that time.
Yeah, I'm learning the MU some more but still it hard. Maybe it's not 7-3 but it's definitely not even imo. Just go for max damage everytime and hope they don't trait quick enough. I also like to stay just outside of scoop/ f2 range and taunt with a b12. db3 also beats all of aquaman's options after a knock down except block.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Yeah, I'm learning the MU some more but still it hard. Maybe it's not 7-3 but it's definitely not even imo. Just go for max damage everytime and hope they don't trait quick enough. I also like to stay just outside of scoop/ f2 range and taunt with a b12. db3 also beats all of aquaman's options after a knock down except block.
Yeah, im ok with reasoning around 6-4, but its DEFINITELY not 7-3. its not that bad lol