What's new

VS. Mileena

Anyone have tips for fighting against Mileena? I keep losing to Mileena's all the time. Let me break it down, here is how the match goes. Round starts, Mileena pokes me with her incredibly low hitbox kick, followed by another. Mileena continues the poke spam until I manage to back away or block low. Shortly after, wham! The divekick. I block it mind you, but I cannot punish effectively after it. As mileena is landing, she tosses a sai making her landing safe. I tried anti airing and ragdoll but no dice. Also tried 1,1 Net but no dice. I tech her throw, BAM! low poke spam again.

I somehow miraculously manage to land a combo. Mileena retreats and begins the ia sai spam. At this point I feel that I have three options. I try option one, teleport. BAM! I eat a meaty uppercut since Cyrax's teleport is garbage. The process from the 1st paragraph begins again. So now, Mileena retreats and we're back to paragraph 2. I try a option 2, net. No-go. Her sais are too quick and the net is useless to zone her. Same process begins again. a few seconds later she retreats, I try option 3, Toss a bomb or 2 and begin dash blocking. By the time I manage to get in on her, I ate a shitload of chip damage from her sais. So i get close and the pokes begin. Supposing I manage to score a hit, at this point she has a shitload of meter from all the chipping shes done, bam! She breaks! at this point I'm contemplating smashing my controller, smoking a cigarette, and sending the mileena user hatemail LMFAO.

How the hell do you approach this match? Zoning her is out of the question she outzones Cyrax bigtime. Approaching her is a nuisance. Divekick, low pokes, and overhead mixups. If only her hitbox wasn;t so low with those damn pokes. So, any tips?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Anyone have tips for fighting against Mileena? I keep losing to Mileena's all the time. Let me break it down, here is how the match goes. Round starts, Mileena pokes me with her incredibly low hitbox kick, followed by another. Mileena continues the poke spam until I manage to back away or block low. Shortly after, wham! The divekick. I block it mind you, but I cannot punish effectively after it. As mileena is landing, she tosses a sai making her landing safe. I tried anti airing and ragdoll but no dice. Also tried 1,1 Net but no dice. I tech her throw, BAM! low poke spam again.

I somehow miraculously manage to land a combo. Mileena retreats and begins the ia sai spam. At this point I feel that I have three options. I try option one, teleport. BAM! I eat a meaty uppercut since Cyrax's teleport is garbage. The process from the 1st paragraph begins again. So now, Mileena retreats and we're back to paragraph 2. I try a option 2, net. No-go. Her sais are too quick and the net is useless to zone her. Same process begins again. a few seconds later she retreats, I try option 3, Toss a bomb or 2 and begin dash blocking. By the time I manage to get in on her, I ate a shitload of chip damage from her sais. So i get close and the pokes begin. Supposing I manage to score a hit, at this point she has a shitload of meter from all the chipping shes done, bam! She breaks! at this point I'm contemplating smashing my controller, smoking a cigarette, and sending the mileena user hatemail LMFAO.

How the hell do you approach this match? Zoning her is out of the question she outzones Cyrax bigtime. Approaching her is a nuisance. Divekick, low pokes, and overhead mixups. If only her hitbox wasn;t so low with those damn pokes. So, any tips?
Mileena can be a pain. You can punish both her regular dive kick tele and her ex version with a 3~net, even if she does the sai afterwards, but timing is tricky with the double tele kick. once shes in the net you can do whatever combo you like. If you block her rolling ball attack you can go instantly into an exbomb, midbomb, uppercut, b+2, 1,2,1~ragdoll.. does about 50%

I usually try and bait her to do the tele kicks or rolling ball attacks.. Pretend to throw nets and bombs

Thanks for the tips Tony, didn't occur to me to do the 3~net after blocked tele kick. Rolling ball is easy to punish for me but I was having difficulties capitalizing on the tele kick, so thanks fort that! I pretty much do the same thing against mileena. Wait and bait, I don't think there's much else you can do against her. Sometimes I neutral duck her sais to see how she reacts and if she does a telekick. Then sometimes I use that to bait one, although it is risky because blocking that thing on reaction I think is insanely difficult. I actually anti aired the mileena I fought today doing a telekick by accident lmao. I was trying to teleport and at that instant she telekicked and I anti aired. I LOL'd.

Stark

Bomb Dispenser
I have the same problem dude.. My training partner mains Mileena and knows what I want him to do. Which is bait his tele kick. He rarely rolls now since I punish him almost every time. So now, all he pretty much does is spam air sai and lure me in, when I get to close d+4 stops my pressure and the frame advantage from that allows him to pressure me. I really have no clue as to how to deal with this match up. It seems awfully difficult for Cyrax to handle a Mileena that likkes to zone you out. Have you had any luck?

Stark

Bomb Dispenser

I have the same problem dude.. My training partner mains Mileena and knows what I want him to do. Which is bait his tele kick. He rarely rolls now since I punish him almost every time. So now, all he pretty much does is spam air sai and lure me in, when I get to close d+4 stops my pressure and the frame advantage from that allows him to pressure me. I really have no clue as to how to deal with this match up. It seems awfully difficult for Cyrax to handle a Mileena that likkes to zone you out. Have you had any luck?

it's funny how i main Mileena and Cyrax and then there's this thread...the way you describe mileena is the way i play her against cyrax too...this is a bad bad match up for Cyrax..when i pick Cyrax and my opponent pick Mileena, i usually have a hard time especially if my opponent is a good mileena user..i really don't know what to do either because i have the same problems vs. Mileena with Cyrax...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I still think she's his hardest matchup, just because of how amazing a stun move her tele-kick is against his offense.
Every move has a tell, every tell leads to a kick, and every kick leads to a solid pink mindfucking.
This is really one of those fights where player skill has to trump character skill if you're Cyrax. If the Mileena is of great power, you're in great deep dog doo.
Wait for a mistake and obliterate = best bet.

*GIANT D* *PICTURE OF FENCE*