What's new

vs. Kung Lao?

I guess it's just me then. I don't know why Kung Lao gives me so much trouble. After these discussions were had, I played against a Kung Lao with Scorpion and lost 5 out of 5 games. He just mindfucked me by cancelling strings (fucking hate 2, 4) and starting them up again, grabbing me because I felt like all I could do was turtle at certain times, he simply refused to divekick unless it was after a knockdown to get in or during a combo, D4 into free pressure, and just generally destroyed me. He was no scrub either because he played incredibly safe and it just felt hopeless.

I honestly don't have this much trouble with any other match up. I think I just need to develop a completely new strategy for fighting Lao. Back to the drawing board.
If you want some help provide me with the following basic info:

- How does he get in?
- How does he use the teleport?
- what follow up does he use after 24?(you know the first hit whiffs on neutral crouch right? which means if you know he is gonna 24 you, you d1, d4 or uppercut him)
- Does he jump a lot? and what kind of jumps? crossovers jumpinpunches or jumping to close the distance etc.
- and for example you block the 1121 what does he do after that?

Also again, use neutral crouch pokes to avoid the grabs. You said he played incredible safe, but scorpion is very capable of punishing most of kung lao's moves. And it maight be you respect him tou much. Make him deal with 111pressure, d4 takedown, b2/f4. if he just tries to pressure you mindlesly all day try to make his strings whiff. a whiffed 24 is a spear punish if you see it coming.