What's new

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
how did people get this good with the game only being out one day? Im maining Shun Di and this isnt going to be easy with all his different stances and making sure he has enough drinks and then all the technical stuff to go along with the game like evasions and stuff. It will take me a while to get competent at this game.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
how did people get this good with the game only being out one day? Im maining Shun Di and this isnt going to be easy with all his different stances and making sure he has enough drinks and then all the technical stuff to go along with the game like evasions and stuff. It will take me a while to get competent at this game.
At least you picked one of the best characters in the game. All the tier lists I have seen have Jeffry as bottom 5, WHY MUST I ALWAYS CHOOSE THE LOW TIER -_-

Not that it matters, because like you said there is so much to learn that it shows which player knows the game better. Although it will be nice for you once you get more familiar with the game because from what I have heard/seen Shun is a beast.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
At least you picked one of the best characters in the game. All the tier lists I have seen have Jeffry as bottom 5, WHY MUST I ALWAYS CHOOSE THE LOW TIER -_-

Not that it matters, because like you said there is so much to learn that it shows which player knows the game better. Although it will be nice for you once you get more familiar with the game because from what I have heard/seen Shun is a beast.
he does seem that way with like 4 or 5 different stances, plenty of mix ups and fake out moves. I like drunken boxing which is the reason why i chose him cause i havent seen a tier list yet. After going thru the tutorial and going thru his whole move list 2 in almost 45 min to an hour, i going to have to go thru it alot move to get these moves down so i dont look random when im fighting.

Vf5fs is still essentially Vf5. Think of it as like a patch to the people who already knew how to play Vf5. All they have to learn is the changes. I train with this dude that's been playing since Vf3 & he's already a monster.

Zoidberg747

Bro, this game is so solid that tiers don't matter IMO. I chose Kage as my main because he's an all purpose character.

Kage's strengths are:
- Excellent stances. One augments offense, and the other defense.
- Good normals. Most can cancel into both stances.
- Nice throws. Can get full combo/good advantage from.
- Good lows. Most knock down, and leave him in back turn position.
- Good back turn game. Plenty of options when he's turned around.
Kage's weaknesses are:
- Dependent on counter hits for some of his best combo starters
- Medium damage output
- He's light in terms of weight

Just find Jeffry's weakness, and play to his strengths

Slade

Make It Rain
What's your play style? I suggest Jacky if your aggressive, Wolf if you the grappling type, Shun Di if your defensive, and Kage if your well-rounded.
Honestly, in all the time I've been playing fighters, I don't really know what I am. lol So the easy answer would be well-rounded, so Kage would be a viable option.

I didn't know this thread existed. There are WORTHY fans of VF after all. <3

PSN players hit me up for matches. PSN = AUIMDIGIMON (without the underscores)

To find people to play offline/online that's near your area and potentially good:

Check out this link:

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/4/1/Match Making

This link has very concrete info to get you all started. It's a bit dated, but it WILL get your feet wet in the game:

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/vf5/system

This, IMO, is the single most important link of them all:

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/vf5/system_part_3

Once you get a grip on some of that info: how to move, what you're moving to, or how you're positioned...you can definitely understand info you receive from advice from other players or things you read on the net.

Basically learn the universal notations of VF than use Tekken notation for buttons n VF...THEY ARE NOT THE SAME! :p Sorry IKizzLE

This is the 2nd most important thing:

DO NOT HESITATE TO LOOK UP VF5FS MATCH VIDS OF YOUR CHARACTER ON YOUTUBE:

youtube.com

search: vf5fs "your character of choice"

sort vids by upload date

Visuals are usually a great teacher. You'll notice recommended poke pressure, throw conditioning, when to space, appropriate mid screen/corner conbos, and etc. just by watching match vids on youtube. Obviously you are gonna want to watch Jap vids lol.

Quick Digi Tips:

- Quick step with tapping 8_2 before an attack hits you (when timed correctly you'll know), punish their whiff or quick step next attack in opponents string

- bait wake up attacks kicks after a knock down, then scare opponents not to use them and go for oki

- 2p is your friend, it's good because it can evade throws and duck and attack at the same time. VF is really a great "in your face momentum" based fighting game, so you're gonna want to use your fastest low, since ducking throws on reaction is kinda tough.

- LEARN TO BREAK THROWS, LEARN TO BUFFER THROW BREAKS AFTER UNSAFE/RISKY MOVES YOU DECIDED TO USE

- learn your guaranteed bound (B!) combos, that's the bound that's UNTECHABLE

- BE CREATIVE!!! this game gets millions and millions better the more time you invest in this game. and possibilities are endless. for now watch what works and doesn't work, and then eventually pull your own spin on things. :)

hopes some of this helps ^_^

Slade

Make It Rain
Awesome stuff DIGIMON. Too bad you're on PSN and I'm on XBL... :( And if I searched right, no one in my area has posted anything in like 3 years. lol

Honestly, in all the time I've been playing fighters, I don't really know what I am. lol So the easy answer would be well-rounded, so Kage would be a viable option.
Kage is great! It's very important you learn how to confirm of a counter hit though. That's where his damage comes from.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
im looking for more people to play with to lvl up my pai so hmu im down to play whenever
I'm down, I'm learning Kage. I'm so unfamiliar with this type of game.,:( I'm still trying to figure out the basic system and how to even mount offence. I need a mentor bad,lol

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
I'm down, I'm learning Kage. I'm so unfamiliar with this type of game.,:( I'm still trying to figure out the basic system and how to even mount offence. I need a mentor bad,lol

jus play with really good people and develop a group you constantly learn from. i have one and im getting better day by day with different MUs and such. plus i love pai shes like my kit <3

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

Anybody who's interested in picking up Kage I made a short video on one of his stances.:D
I really like this character. Alot, I'm still really mind fucked on all the situational nuances in this game. Plus I'm on pad, my stick is out of commission. gonna take me a while before I'm even considered a scrub lol. But Kage is my guy for sure. Thanks for this.

I really like this character. Alot, I'm still really mind fucked on all the situational nuances in this game. Plus I'm on pad, my stick is out of commission. gonna take me a while before I'm even considered a scrub lol. But Kage is my guy for sure. Thanks for this.

Yeah the game is "different", but in a extremely good way. I have BnB, now I'm working on rush-down and oki. For example, after a jab I'm always at advantage, so I follow up with [F]P. If it's blocked I have the option to cancel into his defensive stance or side step. If [F]P lands It would make more sense to go into his offensive stance for pressure.

P -> [F]P xx Hold P (Juumoji Stance) -> P,K xx P+K+G (Shippuujin Stance)....From here if your opponent attacks you can check them with [K] for a stagger on hit, and [F]P for a crumble on hit. Also, you can mix up with lows, mids, & back turns.

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
This game surprised me. I haven't played vf since the first one in the arcades, but psn was offering it for free so I decided to give it a spin and well... I need to learn this game. Its fun, amazing practice mode (with actual frame data!), and the fighting really picks your brain.

I really want to learn this game so please hit me up on psn guys. I suck right now, but I will get much better.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

This game surprised me. I haven't played vf since the first one in the arcades, but psn was offering it for free so I decided to give it a spin and well... I need to learn this game. Its fun, amazing practice mode (with actual frame data!), and the fighting really picks your brain.

I really want to learn this game so please hit me up on psn guys. I suck right now, but I will get much better.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
It's amazing how much depth this game has to only have 3 buttons

- 2p is your friend, it's good because it can evade throws and duck and attack at the same time. VF is really a great "in your face momentum" based fighting game, so you're gonna want to use your fastest low, since ducking throws on reaction is kinda tough.
That's funny, because an internet-friend of mine (tournament SC player, don't know if he's competed in VF, I should ask) is constantly telling me that should stop using 2P so much. It's usually my first reaction to things, sometimes over blocking.