What's new

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ok. I really want to check this game out. But I'm a total VF noob. Im about to down load this game. I know this game is hella deep, am I too late to the party so to speak? With respect to the learning curve, or is there hope for learning VF this late in the game?

THTB
IKizzLE

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
never got into VF but my DL is almost complete... is this game balanced enough to the point where tiers don't really matter?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Ill have to see how my old buddy Goh is doing these days

Edit : I'm right there with ya beefy, what little I remember is likely irrelevant now lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ok. I really want to check this game out. But I'm a total VF noob. Im about to down load this game. I know this game is hella deep, am I too late to the party so to speak? With respect to the learning curve, or is there hope for learning VF this late in the game?

THTB
IKizzLE

From what I hear, the game has a curve, but it's wildly exaggerated in a lot of cases. VF5FS is actually much easier to get into because the throw game is much more simple this time around than VF5.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
The game itself is pretty straight forward. Movement, combos, throws, breaking. The hard part about Vf5 is that it has the deepest meta game of any other fighter. Not having strong fundamentals and knowing other characters will get you blown up HARD. More so than any other game....thats why the skill level online is wildly different.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is Lei Fei in this version? If so then I already have a main...
As far as I'm aware everyone from vanilla VF5 is there, so yes.

Anyway, EU PS Store should be updated soon, I'll see if I can dig this up.

THTB

The game itself is pretty straight forward. Movement, combos, throws, breaking. The hard part about Vf5 is that it has the deepest meta game of any other fighter. Not having strong fundamentals and knowing other characters will get you blown up HARD. More so than any other game....thats why the skill level online is wildly different.
Making this game my cup of tea.

THTB
IKizzLE

I'm basically in the same boat as you. Toss an invite my way and we can beat on each other and try to figure this game out.

Espio

Kokomo
I might get this, I've never played it and if it's deep but not wildy hard to pick up, that works for me.

I also hear it's very balanced, I'd love to hear everyone's impressions and will be checking out videos, might get on PS3, I'm always up to try new fighters:).

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'll probably have to pick this up at some point this week. I'll body you all with Wolf Hawkfield and F5 your asses.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I played a lot yesterday and fucked up all my MK inputs.
I'll be back on VF5 after MLG, so if anyone wants to get bodied by my scrubby vanessa, friend me.

Flagg

Noob
Haven't played a VF game in a long time. Is Shun still in this series? I always remember Akira being quite a technical character, he had that shoulder attack similar to Guy from SSF IV.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't know Akira is going to be in the next DOA game. That's pretty cool!

Goldi

Noob
So, my head wants to turn the letters into numbers.... Anyone have any idea what layout would be closest to MK? P is 1, K is 3, G is block.... But I can't decide where the others should go.

THTB

So, my head wants to turn the letters into numbers.... Anyone have any idea what layout would be closest to MK? P is 1, K is 3, G is block.... But I can't decide where the others should go.
MK layout really doesn't work with VF5 lol.

The traditional VF layout is this:

[P][K]
[G]

Also, anyone here not getting this game should just go die in a fire. This game is ridiculously amazing. The netcode is so flawless, even my connection can handle it with no problems. Just...OMFG.

And then Jean feels every bit as sick as I thought he'd be. The idea of a character whose mixup game revolves around charge attacks that net him frame advantage, but can be cancelled during the charge into other attacks that cover the bases of the charge attack is epic. And then his guard break string is sexy as shit and so dirty.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
MK layout really doesn't work with VF5 lol.

The traditional VF layout is this:

[P][K]
[G]

Also, anyone here not getting this game should just go die in a fire. This game is ridiculously amazing. The netcode is so flawless, even my connection can handle it with no problems. Just...OMFG.

And then Jean feels every bit as sick as I thought he'd be. The idea of a character whose mixup game revolves around charge attacks that net him frame advantage, but can be cancelled during the charge into other attacks that cover the bases of the charge attack is epic. And then his guard break string is sexy as shit and so dirty.

I'm actually using my mk stick to play it lolol

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Eternal

Noob
VF5FS is amazing.. There is a fan web site called Virtuafighter.com (VFDC) that you all should check out.. Lots of tutorials and stuff to help you learn..