What's new

Villains in the FGC and eSports

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

There is an interesting note in Gerald video, that i'm going to put it here.
"If someone trash talks and constantly loses, this person will not be view as a villain, and will start to be seen as a clown"

I think TYM should've watched this video, specially tweedy, who ask himself why ppl treat him as a villain.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I personally love these videos so I'm glad you are sharing the love. These videos contain a lot of insanely useful information that extends to more than just street fighter
Normaly players or persons that explain cience through street fighter can be translated mostly into any other fighting game, which is why is great to keep tabs with them for sure.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
No, but if you get a show of hands of who all is tried of seeing SonicFox win, we all get the point. The hype has dwindled over time of consistent Fox wins. @Tweedy made a top 8 of Kombat Cup more hype with just those 4oz of trash talk.
personally, I prefer seeing SonicFox win again and again to having an arrogant trash talker take his place.

I'd more than welcome someone more humble like Reo, F0xy or Dink taking the throne though.

PS: Tweedy didn't hype me up, not with a top tier like Alien. but again, it might just be me.

I don't consider Tweedy a villain at all and if anything he is good at bringing hype. Maybe that's just me
I didn't consider him a villan either before he started saying stuff, and I quote: "95% of TYM is at my feet". That does sound pretty villany to me, but if you like the guy personally and don't mind some arrogance here and there, I can see where you are coming from.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The best known villain right now, IMO, is Low Tier God. Its simply because its impossible to beat him and have him give you any props. He'll always have some sort of excuse and will disparage any opponent who he doesn't beat. Plus, he has a very large following. He's irrelevant on the tourney scene, but not in FGC culture.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The best known villain right now, IMO, is Low Tier God. Its simply because its impossible to beat him and have him give you any props. He'll always have some sort of excuse and will disparage any opponent who he doesn't beat. Plus, he has a very large following. He's irrelevant on the tourney scene, but not in FGC culture.
dude Low Tier God is THE man! he is without doubt the top villan of the fighting game community after that set against Viscant, just as The Joker is for the DC universe.

besides, unlike Tweedy he does have some charm I have to say, causing me to sometimes laugh with him (or of him, more often than not), making him a little easier to digest and not forget. Tweedy, on the other hand, is just a random douche who will be forgotten as soon as he stops placing IMO.

Last edited:

Belial

Noob
Tweedy is not a villain. He's just a smalltown girl struggling for Sonic Fox attention (at least thats the only reasonable explanation of whats going on between those two).

Tweedy has to, quote "earn" his battle with Sonic. For Sonic? Its just another random Kenshi. I bet playing Tweedy he didnt even notice patch happened.

GAV

dude Low Tier God is THE man! he is without doubt the top villan of the fighting game community after that set against Viscant, in the same way The Joker is for the DC universe.

besides, unlike Tweedy he does have some charm I have to say, causing me to sometimes laugh with him (or of him, more often than not), making him a little easier to digest and not forget. Tweedy on the other hand, is just a random douche who will be forgotten as soon as he stops placing IMO.
I don't know either guy personally so I don't really have a strong opinion, but Tweedy's story so far has been a good one because he went from a random (like many of us are) to a legitimate tourney competitor in a relatively short amount of time. Usually, chronologically - its the other way around. Anyone who used Alien before the patch was a villain, but just like in professional wrestling - someone can go from villain to fan favorite pretty quickly - and vice-versa.

He's been beating veteran pros at their own games...

...and even though he used Alien...

...he's a known commodity in the FGC now...

...while LTG is known mostly for flair in trolling.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Tweedy is not a villain. He's just a smalltown girl struggling for Sonic Fox attention (at least thats the only reasonable explanation of whats going on between those two).

Tweedy has to, quote "earn" his battle with Sonic. For Sonic? Its just another random Kenshi. I bet playing Tweedy he didnt even notice patch happened.
well he did seek TYM's attention and he got it, mine more than other's. let's see if Sonic's standards are a little higher...

I don't know either guy personally so I don't really have a strong opinion, but Tweedy's story so far has been a good one because he went from a random (like many of us are) to a legitimate tourney competitor in a relatively short amount of time. Usually, chronologically - its the other way around. Anyone who used Alien before the patch was a villain, but just like in professional wrestling - someone can go from villain to fan favorite pretty quickly - and vice-versa.
not by saying stuff like: "95% of TYM is at my feet" or "I'm relevant while you are not".

GAV

well he did seek TYM's attention and he got it, mine more than other's. let's see if Sonic's standards are a little higher...

not by saying stuff like: "95% of TYM is at my feet" or "I'm relevant while you are not".
I must have missed that one.

LTG isn't a villain. A villain poses a threat to the hero. He's a worthy adversary with complicated motivations and dangerous skills. LTG is like the henchman that taunt Bateman in the arkham games. They're funny and worth messing with for a bit, but ultimately they're kinda useless and definitely stupid.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
LTG isn't a villain. A villain poses a threat to the hero. He's a worthy adversary with complicated motivations and dangerous skills. LTG is like the henchman that taunt Bateman in the arkham games. They're funny and worth messing with for a bit, but ultimately they're kinda useless and definitely stupid.
LTG was a threat for Viscant, but you have a good point.

LTG was a threat for Viscant, but you have a good point.
i dunno dude. Viscant didn't even break out his main till like 5 games into the set and still won 10-6. Not to mention viscant is a marvel player not a sf player. It'd be like if someone challenged tom Brady to a sf5 match and got blown up. Kinda clowny.

Skedar70

Noob
Our community has no Villians yet. The very few who trash talk aren't winning and the big guns don't trash talk and are usually very nice folks. Foxy could be a villian but I doubt he will trash talk, he is even against pop offs.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
i dunno dude. Viscant didn't even break out his main till like 5 games into the set and still won 10-6. Not to mention viscant is a marvel player not a sf player. It'd be like if someone challenged tom Brady to a sf5 match and got blown up. Kinda clowny.
that's true, but the match did matter for Viscat, you could clearly see it in his face.