What's new

Video: Most Damaging meterless combos.51% no meter, midscreen.

Lestat

Noob
I made a video with the best combos Sonya can pull of without the use of meter. Last combo was just for fun cause it's not really worth the 3 meters.

in case anyone is curious, the 51% no meter is jp, B2 1 F2, NJP, slight dash~kiss, jump forward dive kick, 2 1~cartwheel, B2 1~Military Stance F1~Leg grab. Awesome stuff

Emerald

Noob
I'm having trouble connecting the kiss after the J1 midscreen. I can do it in the corner no problem. I am trying to dash forward, then kiss but it is too slow, apparently.

I'm having trouble connecting the kiss after the J1 midscreen. I can do it in the corner no problem. I am trying to dash forward, then kiss but it is too slow, apparently.
When you input dash, do the Kiss immediately. She only needs to take a few steps forward, not complete the whole dash.

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
When will people start playing Sonya? She's reaaaaalllllly good imo

Seems to me she has everything - High damage, anti-zoning tools, overall pretty safe moves, set-ups, pressure, AN AUTO CORRECTING COMBO-ABLE DIVE KICK and MILITARY STANCE.

Why is she SO SLEPT ON?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Out of interest, once you've conditioned people to expect either b2, f1, 1+3 etc. after MS and you then start cancelling MS with a dash, is it even worth doing the MS at all? For example if you've started doing 114~MS, f1 and they start to wait for the f1 you could do something like:

114, 21 rather than 114~MS, dash cancel, 21

Would this be an option?

Justice

Noob
I would say to try it out in the lab but I'm not sure that the 2 will lunge forward far enough to connect as your opponent flies through the air after the Knee.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I would say to try it out in the lab but I'm not sure that the 2 will lunge forward far enough to connect as your opponent flies through the air after the Knee.
I mean as a block string, so 114 is blocked then either MS~dash~21 or just 21, perhaps even just slightly delay a b2 after MS. This is of course once the MS options are respected as most people don't seem used to her at all. I can 114, MS, f1~cartwheel all day at the mo. Once they start blocking the f1 I'll throw in the 1+3.

There isn't much info on Sonya so just playing around currently. I'm really struggling with her to be honest and generally get my arse handed to me though. Still I'll keep plugging away with her as I'm fairly sure once the effort is put in she's really strong, more so as no one knows the match up.

I'm also giving myself RSI with her combos. Ninja hands needed tbh!

epic 1st post !
picked her up 2days ago, this is like gold :)
what are your guys n gals main combos after a msb2 or a df3 connect ?
thanks

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
MS-b2, b21f2, 21-leg grab

Cartwheel, dash, b21f2, 21-leg grab (stick dive kick 21 on the front)

Both easy mode. End with 112 to keep them standing and cancel into ms for continued pressure. Timing is tough though.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk