What's new

[Video] Mortal Kombat X Trailer Breakdown and Analysis

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Looks like you might be able to pick up and use interactables to fight with from Sub-Zero picking up the Ice Sword. Sounds similar to Cody's knife

instant air spears!!!!!! interactables not bad imo, but no run buttom lol, also block buttom is obviusly confirmed lol

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Can the people being total douchetards and killing the fun stop it? We can talk about a game we are super hype about.

It literally hurts nobody to talk about what we think or hope will be in the game. Can we have fun now?

More gameplay assumptions from a pure CGI trailer with no real gameplay.

TYM's full retard mode continues!
What chaosphere said. Sorry for being excited for a game and thinking about what we might see in it. If it offends you so much then maybe you should take a break from TYM until some solid gameplay/facts come out at E3 next week, because all that's gonna be going on here is MKX speculation until then.

What chaosphere said. Sorry for being excited for a game and thinking about what we might see in it. If it offends you so much then maybe you should take a break from TYM until some solid gameplay/facts come out at E3 next week, because all that's gonna be going on here is MKX speculation until then.
Why are people saying that the Xray thing are limb breaks, it's clearly XRay.

i dont know about the interactables thing. that could just be something for the trailer. doesnt necessarily mean interactables are in.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Scorpion confirmed.

Oh wait it's CGI. That must mean he isn't confirmed. Or something.

On that note, I doubt there are weapon pick-ups however... There may be MKA style weapon modes.

i dont know about the interactables thing. that could just be something for the trailer. doesnt necessarily mean interactables are in.
Only reason I brought it up is because in the MK9 reveal trailer, you see gameplay mechanics like Tags coming up a few times, and we see some stage interactions a few times in this reveal. They were really central to a few of Sub-Zero's scenes, so I'm thinking it's a pretty fair assumption. We saw x-rays in both trailers so those are pretty much still confirmed... just seems like an educated guess to me.

If the stuff in the trailer is accurate then there could possibly be stage interactions where you can throw the opponent through objects; grab objects, and/or swing on objects. Personally, i think if implemented as well as they were in injustice, they could provide and interesting strategy point for choosing a stage as opposed to MK9 where stages were selected solely on being a big stage for zoning or a small stage for rush-down.