What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kenshi (Video)Detailed Kenshi Combo Tutorial 31-54%

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Mods can we lump up all these CPM bait videos into one thread? We don't need one dedicated thread for every youtube video that has 3 random combos in it.

SwooshComboTuts

Youtube: AllPurposeNA
Mods can we lump up all these CPM bait videos into one thread? We don't need one dedicated thread for every youtube video that has 3 random combos in it.
It would be nice to have one thread for all videos. but "CPM bait" nawww, a lot of people who come to these forums are looking for help so take a seat or sit in a corner somewhere.

infamy23

FireBeard
The video is well made I'll give you that. But there is nothing in there worthy of watching. Good luck landing a raw F32 or Ji2 against anyone who knows how to play. Truth is you won't get a chance to use those balanced combos because there is no overhead starter in that variation, which means your opponent has zero reason to ever block high. And, if you fail to confirm that DB1, it is punishable by reversal throw at least, or 30%+ combo for most characters.

That is why a lot of people are playing Kenjutsu. Now make a video about some practical Kenjutsu combos and tell me they are easy. Kenshi's entire gameplan revolves around D1/F2 EXDF1 B1 which is a 2 frame link, and B1 DB1 D1 EXDB4 which is a just frame and pretty much impossible to land online. Both of these options require meter, so you can kiss that X-Ray combo goodbye, you will NEVER have a chance to land it.

Any character can look "OP" when you only focus on things that are unrealistic in a real match :)

SwooshComboTuts

Youtube: AllPurposeNA
The video is well made I'll give you that. But there is nothing in there worthy of watching. Good luck landing a raw F32 or Ji2 against anyone who knows how to play. Truth is you won't get a chance to use those balanced combos because there is no overhead starter in that variation, which means your opponent has zero reason to ever block high. And, if you fail to confirm that DB1, it is punishable by reversal throw at least, or 30%+ combo for most characters.

That is why a lot of people are playing Kenjutsu. Now make a video about some practical Kenjutsu combos and tell me they are easy. Kenshi's entire gameplan revolves around D1/F2 EXDF1 B1 which is a 2 frame link, and B1 DB1 D1 EXDB4 which is a just frame and pretty much impossible to land online. Both of these options require meter, so you can kiss that X-Ray combo goodbye, you will NEVER have a chance to land it.

Any character can look "OP" when you only focus on things that are unrealistic in a real match :)
lol thanks for the info on Kenshi he is not my main,but it's a combo "tutorial" seasoned vets don't need to watch this, nor apply anything in the video to their arsenal. I have loads of people asking for help and I am lending a hand to the community. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the feedback, but "nothing in there worthy of watching" is subjective. It's not like I am making a tutorial to prep people for a tournament. I believe you misunderstood what "OP" was pertaining to. I can do a more simple combo with kenshi and get just as much damage if not more damage than a longer tedious combo with another character, hence the use of "OP".

Reactions: jmt

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I get the game is new and people want to show off things but there's literally hundreds of tiny clips of similar BnBs trying to look fancy ending in Xrays being posted on Youtube with intro and outros. It's pretty mind boggling to weed through to find quality content.

And yeah, can we merge this with the kombo emporium thread thx

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I found kenshi to be pretty OP and easy to use in "comparison" to other fighters! As far as ease of combos with high damage. I hope this helps!

Nice vid bro, but you should really try some Kenjatsu meterless bnbs if you think his combos are easy (anything off of RS). It's the only variation I've played that requires 1-2 frame links for most of his juggles. I wish MK had a mechanic similar to Plinking in SF :( Btw, if anyone is aware of any helpful information on how this game handles frames and inputs, please PM me.

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Maybe kenjutsu wil have a faster recovery on his rising karma in a later update. Because I only land that d1 70% of the time. And it's not worth 20 dmg vortex for 1 bar of meter if your not gonna land it online