What's new

(Video) Anti-Kung Jin Concepts

delbuster

hungry
Hey guys, I feel like I've learned some pretty interesting things that could be useful for all of you when fighting vs Kung Jin.

Kung Jin is a pretty common character right now, so I decided to post it in this general area.

Some things may not be that universal since Cassie has some really good moves herself, but just wanted to spread the knowledge. Thanks for watching, and let me know if you have questions/comments.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
These are very specific circumstances. I never use b1 at that range. F2 is common and yeah the 4 will whiff but you can option select into bo swing and punish Cassie's b1.

delbuster

hungry
the idea is that if the overhead/low mixup is not viable at certain ranges, then being at those ranges is good because there is no reason to get hit other than committing and getting punished. the risk reward is evened out.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
the idea is that if the overhead/low mixup is not viable at certain ranges, then being at those ranges is good because there is no reason to get hit other than committing and getting punished. the risk reward is evened out.
I agree that it is smart to be at that range. Out of divekick range, jump in range and so-on. I'm just saying that doing so specifically to punish the overhead/low mix-up will set you up for more problems.

But the spacing is smart.