What's new

Video/Tutorial Very Weird Deathstroke Crossup Super Setup

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

The first time I block directly back and it hits me.

The second time I block down and it lets me block it.

This is a distance thing, doesn't have anything to do with the interactable. It just so happens that this interactable puts you at the perfect distance.

BTW this happened to me in a real match and made me lose LOL

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
What else is funny is that the super still activates like normal.

If the super is REALLY crossing up, it should hit on the left side, but the game registers it as a hit from the right side.

Peculiar indeed.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Actually, there's something oddly inconsistent about this. I tried the exact same setup you did in the video.

1. Holding back long before the super beings (like in the video) results in getting hit by the super
2. Holding diagonally down+back (which SHOULD get blown up by crossups) actually BLOCKS the super
3. Holding back AFTER the super begins BLOCKS the super (so it's no crossing up)

Honestly, I have no idea wtf is going on here.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
I wonder if it has something to do with the "cross-through" effect of the super itself. When it hits, Deathstroke appears on the opposite and the animations themselves cross up. If someone is full screen and blocking, there's no room for DS to "appear" on the other side. If there's a DS body width of space on the other side though, the game maybe is just going "Oh hey, Deathstroke fits there!"

But frankly this is me trying to make rational sense out of a bizarre glitch. Oh well....time to start picking Watchtower!

Batman: full screen apart in practice, do b23 and release 3 trait bats and grapple the dummy/opponent as the bats hit. Batman falls over like he has been hit when the grapple connects. Not sure if the b23 is needed but that is how I was getting the bug to appear every time and it looks like it is happening because the characters are hitting the screens edge limits. Not sure if it works in a real game. I did it on the middle of the stage, so it is not a corner thing like this DS one.

So this DS bug could be due to a bug with the the screen size and possibly the corner mechanics, since corners have always acted weirdly and causes some reversing wake ups.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Batman: full screen apart in practice, do b23 and release 3 trait bats and grapple the dummy/opponent as the bats hit. Batman falls over like he has been hit when the grapple connects. Not sure if the b23 is needed but that is how I was getting the bug to appear every time and it looks like it is happening because the characters are hitting the screens edge limits. Not sure if it works in a real game. I did it on the middle of the stage, so it is not a corner thing like this DS one.

So this DS bug could be due to a bug with the the screen size and possibly the corner mechanics, since corners have always acted weirdly and causes some reversing wake ups.

This is a normal Batman thing. You have to time the grapple until after the bats hit in order to not get this. Most (if not all) Batman players know this...

arydious

Noob
Yeah this crap is annoying a fight a deathstroke player a lot, and when I get hit by a stupid super that crossed up its irritating. He has other things like this too.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
That's just a matter of interpersonal moves (like grabs and Scorpion's chain) being broken if the character was interrupted by a separate source.

Oh, so if the grapple hits before the bats do, then the bats cause the grapple link to break? Seems odd that it would make batman fall over though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Oh, so if the grapple hits before the bats do, then the bats cause the grapple link to break? Seems odd that it would make batman fall over though.

Yeah. That's basically it. My point was that it has nothing to do with Deathstroke specifically as it happens against the whole kast.

It's a Batman thing.