What's new

Version 1.03 out now on PS4 (FULL PATCH NOTES NOW AVAILABLE)

UPDATE: Full patch notes out.

Version 1.03 is out on PS4.
300-400MBs.
Patch(es) for Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch "coming soon"

Changes:
  • General Gameplay Adjustments:
    • Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
    • Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
    • Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
    • Move list and frame data corrections
    • Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
    • Tweaks to online match-making
    • AI adjustments
    • Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
    • Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
    • Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
    • Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
    • Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
    • Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
    • Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
    • Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
    • Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
    • Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
    • Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches
  • Towers of Time Adjustments:
    • Adjusted AI difficulty curve
    • Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
    • Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
    • Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
    • Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
    • Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
    • Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
    • Increased post fight Koin rewards
    • Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
    • Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
    • Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
    • Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
    • Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
    • Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
    • Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
    • Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
    • Improved targeting for several Konsumables
    • Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
    • Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
    • Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
    • Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players
  • Developer Notes:
    • Later this afternoon the Community Gift will be distributed via update for PS4 players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 6, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST. Community Gifts will be sent out for Xbox, PC, and Switch players with their respective updates. We appreciate your patience!
    • On other platforms:
OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES LINK:

Thank you to @Eldriken, @BadMoodBarry, @M.D., @Samsara, and @HeavyNorse for updates.

Last edited:

Comments

Edit:
Go to Kustomization, pick the character you want, choose a variation, then scroll over to Abilities. Click Square and it will bring up presets. The ones with the Tournament Cup are the competitive variations. Choose one. Head out back to variation select, click Options, then I believe Square to rename. Rename it after the tournament variation you selected. Repeat this process for all variations.
I am so slow, you already answered them. XD

Don't need all the koins now as I progressed all the way through the Krypt by now (or so I think!). But i need damn skeleton keys to find Reptile. But no chests are left to open for me lol. chests are the only way to get those skeleton keys. So what do i do now? Re-fill them? Will that get me skeleton keys?

Actually making progress in The Gauntlet now. Already beat Stage 2 and Stage 3.

It's still kinda BS because some modifiers are still unblockable or at least VERY strong, but they have more cooldown now to make them more manageable. Also, some Konsumables like the Life Krystal (the one that gives you 50% health back) has less cooldown and you get to use it more often in the match.

It's still kinda BS because some modifiers are still unblockable or at least VERY strong, but they have more cooldown now to make them more manageable. Also, some Konsumables like the Life Krystal (the one that gives you 50% health back) has less cooldown and you get to use it more often in the match.
Same experience here. It's actually fun playing the ToT now.

E

I'm on stage 7, I think. I have to win with a Flawless Victory against two opponents with a gas cloud that deals damage if you're not tall enough (Skarlet falls into this, so it's impossible with her) and blocking is disabled. It's super frustrating.

I'm on stage 7, I think. I have to win with a Flawless Victory against two opponents with a gas cloud that deals damage if you're not tall enough (Skarlet falls into this, so it's impossible with her) and blocking is disabled. It's super frustrating.
Maybe it's best to just skip it?

Wow took me a while to figure out where to look for notifications.

For those who aren't sure hit L2 where you edit your kombat card. Then r1 to get to notifications. There were like 30 rewards I haven't claimed yet that I had no idea were therr lol

If you're trying to build Shinnok's Amuler, you actually need 11500 because you need 1500 to build it.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkk this game.

I still need Cetrions head too. That's 50 fatales on cetrion in towers. So I'd need to spam survival tower 50 TIMES

Uggghhh

Go to Kustomization, pick the character you want, choose a variation, then scroll over to Abilities. Click Square and it will bring up presets. The ones with the Tournament Cup are the competitive variations. Choose one. Head out back to variation select, click Options, then I believe Square to rename. Rename it after the tournament variation you selected. Repeat this process for all variations.

This is how I converted my casual variations into the competitive ones.
Help me with more precision.

I'm doing this now with Kabal.

I went to "Abilities" and choose the Tournament Cup labeled one. I exited but the name is still the same. How do I know if it confirmed the change?

And, I'm doing this on the two variations that came with the game.

Am I doing this right?

For the first default one: I changed to "MEAN STREAK"

Second default: "CLEAN CUT"

Had to rename them. But I am able to press "Circle" to exit after selecting the Tournament Cup presets to confirm right?

I don't see another option.

Also, which one is better?

Thanks in advance.

Once I learn this formula I'll spread it through all of the characters.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkk this game.

I still need Cetrions head too. That's 50 fatales on cetrion in towers. So I'd need to spam survival tower 50 TIMES

Uggghhh
Tbh with you it's not that bad, esp. With the ai. I just let Skarlet go to town on Survivor and eat, drink, read, jerk off, or even browse tym lol. I have Skarlet doing a tower as we speak lol

They really should reduce the experience requirements for augment slots...since you have to start over with a new equipment.

Augments are hard to get anyways heh...

Help me with more precision.

I'm doing this now with Kabal.

I went to "Abilities" and choose the Tournament Cup labeled one. I exited but the name is still the same. How do I know if it confirmed the change?

And, I'm doing this on the two variations that came with the game.

Am I doing this right?

For the first default one: I changed to "MEAN STREAK"

Second default: "CLEAN CUT"

Had to rename them. But I am able to press "Circle" to exit after selecting the Tournament Cup presets to confirm right?

I don't see another option.

Also, which one is better?

Thanks in advance.

Once I learn this formula I'll spread it through all of the characters.
When choosing a preset, press X and it should select it and take you back to the Abilities menu.

The name will be the same even after choosing an Ability preset. I don't know why, but it is. You have to change it manually.

After renaming, click "Done" on the keypad and it will take you back to the Icon select. If you press Circle, it will erase everything. Just press X and choose an Icon and it will save.

Here are Kabal's Tournament preset so you can see if you did it right:
  • MEAN STREAK
    • Rolling Buzzsaw
    • (Air) Straight Buzzin'
    • Dash Cancel
  • CLEAN CUT
    • Low Hook Grab
    • Nomad Spin
    • Extended Hook

When choosing a preset, press X and it should select it and take you back to the Abilities menu.

The name will be the same even after choosing an Ability preset. I don't know why, but it is. You have to change it manually.

After renaming, click "Done" on the keypad and it will take you back to the Icon select. If you press Circle, it will erase everything. Just press X and choose an Icon and it will save.

Here are Kabal's Tournament preset so you can see if you did it right:
  • MEAN STREAK
    • Rolling Buzzsaw
    • (Air) Straight Buzzin'
    • Dash Cancel
  • CLEAN CUT
    • Low Hook Grab
    • Nomad Spin
    • Extended Hook
Thanks breh.

I'll copy your formula for the rest.

salute

This is a more obscure problem but I'm not sure if they addressed it (probably not)

In Shao Kahn's character specific ToT he has a requirement for "x" amount of Krushing Blows, only problem is the only one the game counts are his d2 and Wrath Hammer ones. Nothing else counts. Don't suppose anyone knows if this was fixed?

I'll find out either way when I get home.