What's new

Question - Venomous Venomous Resources

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've been doing the SQ thing for awhile, but despite significant improvement on my WBC execution, I'm of the opinion that my execution isn't quite on point enough to keep myself out of trouble. I'm also stuck on PC with a questionable connection, so asking for success with SQ online probably isn't very realistic in my case (when it is even possible find a high FPS match).

I've been taking Venomous out for a test drive for a few days now, and I seem to be preforming at what qualifies as good for me, but I'm really not sure I have any idea if I'm following her game plan or not. I'm currently not enjoying the variation as much either. The spray seems important but it's feels kind of lame ATM, and the variation seems to lack any of the satisfaction found after getting in a good WBC.

I'm not a particularly great player, and spend most of my time VS'ing the CPU. I'm not under any real obligation to pick one, but I find they are negatively impacting the potential of one another when I try to play both variations, so I think I need to settle on one. As things are right now, SQ is more fun and satisfying, but then while Venomous may just not be as much fun she also may be better for me if I'm chasing W's. I would like to investigate her more before making any decisions, but any info on D'Vorah seems to be drowning in SQ data.

So the actual question is, are there any significant resources for D'Vorah's Venomous variation?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
This might Not actually help you too much but let me tell you that it is absolutely worth putting effort into SQ. She may be a bitch to play at the beginning but your execution will get better. While it's your choice which variation you want to play venomous is just not that great and I think you'll have more success if you put more time into learning SQ.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This might Not actually help you too much but let me tell you that it is absolutely worth putting effort into SQ. She may be a bitch to play at the beginning but your execution will get better. While it's your choice which variation you want to play venomous is just not that great and I think you'll have more success if you put more time into learning SQ.
I've been playing SQ about 50% of the time for a couple of months now, and I think my execution leveled off for her quite a while back. I got a lot better at the cancels than I thought I would, but there isn't a lot of reason to think I'm going to be able to improve much upon what I've already accomplished. As it is now, they just aren't anywhere near reliable enough and end up hurting as much or more than they are helping.

I know SQ has greater potential, but that is qualified potential that is very dependent on getting past a skill gate I'm not looking qualified to get through. I'm trying to be self aware of my limitations while not flushing away all my efforts with D'Vorah by dropping her or whatever. Failed cancels are very dangerous, and Venomous sidesteps most of the execution opportunities I keep creating, so I wanted to investigate her to see I could establish a safer, more even game. I'm just not sure any effort has been done by anyone to really establish what to do with her.

I am running into one major problem already in that the AI (which I primarily play against) has no idea how to punish the spray. Even on Very Hard they just let you chip them uncontested, and it's a terrible habit to be building up around something that would never work against a human.

I've been doing the SQ thing for awhile, but despite significant improvement on my WBC execution, I'm of the opinion that my execution isn't quite on point enough to keep myself out of trouble. I'm also stuck on PC with a questionable connection, so asking for success with SQ online probably isn't very realistic in my case (when it is even possible find a high FPS match).

I've been taking Venomous out for a test drive for a few days now, and I seem to be preforming at what qualifies as good for me, but I'm really not sure I have any idea if I'm following her game plan or not. I'm currently not enjoying the variation as much either. The spray seems important but it's feels kind of lame ATM, and the variation seems to lack any of the satisfaction found after getting in a good WBC.

I'm not a particularly great player, and spend most of my time VS'ing the CPU. I'm not under any real obligation to pick one, but I find they are negatively impacting the potential of one another when I try to play both variations, so I think I need to settle on one. As things are right now, SQ is more fun and satisfying, but then while Venomous may just not be as much fun she also may be better for me if I'm chasing W's. I would like to investigate her more before making any decisions, but any info on D'Vorah seems to be drowning in SQ data.

So the actual question is, are there any significant resources for D'Vorah's Venomous variation?
If you're not playing to win, play what you have the most fun with.

If you want to win but don't have the practice time to fully utilize a character's most advanced potential, play whatever is the most consistent

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
So venomous is definitely very fun, but to be good she relies on you making very good reads. Her execution is stupidly easy but her game style is very different to most the rest of the cast, she's basically based entirely on footsies and pokes. Definitely some staggers and punishers as a large part of her game, but mostly the latter two.

Her biggest con: none of her mixups lead to any real substantial damage. She gets big percentage from punishes more so then making the opponent guess wrong on 50/50s. Here's the thing, once you get the opponent in the blender of being sprayed and you can b1 spray or f22 spray or just d4 or f11 pressure, her spray on block is quite punishable, it's just hard to punish it sometimes because of the stagger. Personally I like going for d4's mostly to add up poison ticks, force them to block low, and is safe if blocked. Once they start blocking low I go for f34 rather than f22, F34 leads to a 30+% full combo restand with potential for more poison ticks.

The problem is that the stagger of poison doesn't guarentee anything (except maybe a d4). The opponent can still armor through or back dash, which is kinda stupid and you sometimes take more of a risk then they do going on offense. I try to look for a backdash or armor and punish with 212 which leads into her high poison 40% damage.

Really, for shits and gigs I save up for xray and go for a 50/50 40-50% unbreakable combo off of F22 xray or b12 xray. Really fun and good way to satisfyingly end a round.

Venomous is no where as good as SQ, but is far easier execution wise, however requires you to make more reads than blind offense. Hope this helps a bit

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
So venomous is definitely very fun, but to be good she relies on you making very good reads. Her execution is stupidly easy but her game style is very different to most the rest of the cast, she's basically based entirely on footsies and pokes. Definitely some staggers and punishers as a large part of her game, but mostly the latter two.

Her biggest con: none of her mixups lead to any real substantial damage. She gets big percentage from punishes more so then making the opponent guess wrong on 50/50s. Here's the thing, once you get the opponent in the blender of being sprayed and you can b1 spray or f22 spray or just d4 or f11 pressure, her spray on block is quite punishable, it's just hard to punish it sometimes because of the stagger. Personally I like going for d4's mostly to add up poison ticks, force them to block low, and is safe if blocked. Once they start blocking low I go for f34 rather than f22, F34 leads to a 30+% full combo restand with potential for more poison ticks.

The problem is that the stagger of poison doesn't guarentee anything (except maybe a d4). The opponent can still armor through or back dash, which is kinda stupid and you sometimes take more of a risk then they do going on offense. I try to look for a backdash or armor and punish with 212 which leads into her high poison 40% damage.

Really, for shits and gigs I save up for xray and go for a 50/50 40-50% unbreakable combo off of F22 xray or b12 xray. Really fun and good way to satisfyingly end a round.

Venomous is no where as good as SQ, but is far easier execution wise, however requires you to make more reads than blind offense. Hope this helps a bit
I've been spending a lot of time on her lately, and I think I'm actually a lot more dangerous with Venomous than SQ. I've pretty much forgotten how to even use SQ at this point. I've had to try pretty hard to try build new muscle memory around very different needs, and feel like SQ habits sometimes show up, but that is what it is. I definitely am not the kind of person that can juggle both variations without compromising both of their potential, so I'm spending time on just on V to see what I can get out of her.

I didn't think she was much fun initially, but I've found stuff that makes her more satisfying that I thought she was at the start. Maybe not as satisfying as SQ, but it's been an overall positive change for me I think. It's not like I have any tournies to win or anything (and it can take days to find a fight online ATM) so it's something to do.

One thing I gotta remember to do is find QT with my girl Cassie. I can't go neglecting my heart.