What's new

Question - Venomous venomous mkxl

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, doesn't she just build half a bar or so from bug spray instead of 80%? The horror.

Love Venomous, but let's be real, her meter building was pretty insane.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
again I wasn't talking about venomous, the other guy already pointed out to me this isn't a devorah thread it's a venomous thread; in which I already apologized for the confusion. But with the thread aside it's unfathomable how you missed my point that she shouldn't have such a dumb true block string (in any viaration) when other characters have been getting theirs nerfed. I don't know how you're missing that every time I say it but it's ok lol. It's just a game anyway, have a good day bro.
That's just bad logic, since all characters are different. Just because some characters had something similar and got theirs nerfed doesn't mean other characters should have theirs nerfed. Also, none of her cancels are more + in the beta. They just feel that way due to online, but you'll see there's no difference offline once the patch hits.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
[QUOTE="TopTierHarley, post: 2032353, member: 2917 can be punished by all. It's -17 and ex is -20.[/QUOTE]
It can be punished but it is really tricky and it depends on when the opponent will release the button right?

Second Saint

[QUOTE="TopTierHarley, post: 2032353, member: 2917 can be punished by all. It's -17 and ex is -20.
It can be punished but it is really tricky and it depends on when the opponent will release the button right?[/QUOTE]

It's all about reacting to when it ends, but how negative it is doesn't change.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
again I wasn't talking about venomous, the other guy already pointed out to me this isn't a devorah thread it's a venomous thread; in which I already apologized for the confusion. But with the thread aside it's unfathomable how you missed my point that she shouldn't have such a dumb true block string (in any viaration) when other characters have been getting theirs nerfed. I don't know how you're missing that every time I say it but it's ok lol. It's just a game anyway, have a good day bro.
The reasons other had theirs nerfed is because it did crazy chip and built a good amount of meter. f112 wc s1/s2/d4 I believe MAYBE does 2%-3% in the beta. It isn't ridiculous like Johnny's pressure or Liu's f213 pressure or really that threatening overall.

Spray can be punished by all. It's -17 and ex is -20.
She's gonna stay the same as she is now. Her building less meter doesn't really change her gameplan of poking to death. Since the timer is 1:1 now, we can use her more defensively to run out the clock. As to what characters, I'm not sure.
She's gonna stay the same as she is now. Her building less meter doesn't really change her gameplan of poking to death. Since the timer is 1:1 now, we can use her more defensively to run out the clock. As to what characters, I'm not sure.
use venomous to run out the clock ? lmao

She has her cancel block string back, that easily re stands & gives you all the time in the world to confirm. She's *one* of the most dumbest characters to fight on the beta right now. She got that nerf for a good reason the first time, don't know why they'd take away shinnok's block string, Kung Laos, make quan spend a bar for his block string, but give this bitch her bugged out block string that takes a bit of stamina. By the time you crack in 2 mix ups into spray cancels if they aren't hit already you get stamina back so fast, you can just rinse & repeat again. Plus with her range & how good her frames are on the beta, as soon as you engage with her it's just a plain display of hypocracy in the design of MKX (take out dumb block strings but let's give Devorah hers back in the beta & see what happens...)

Before the hive mind comes to attack me, I play more than half the cast & I'm unbiased with my opinion. Be mad or whatever, but I'm telling the truth...
she doesnt have a projectile ... a teleport and she has trash armor ... its hella fair

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
Venomous is weak doe who cares lol why use venomous when swarm queen is much safer and viable unless you are just 2 stubborn to realize that maybe I am mmmmmhhmm. The world may never know :)

venomous is a strong variation against some characters but it gets complete killed by some characters as well. it is elso a very simple variation to pick and play but at high level it takes a lot of perception of space and space control. you can not play venomous like a pressure character because she is not. she is a space control, mixup and mind game character this is how I see her as of now.

but maybe i am wrong and the variation is bad and not worth using like most people here say but i have yet to fight someone who makes me feel like the variation is weak. anyone here is down for some games tonight? i am not trying to proof something by asking people who think the variation is weak to play me but i have been taking a lot of time playing this variation and if the variation is as bad as people say i do not want to waste my time with it. but like i say i have yet to fight someone who makes me feel the variation is weak. you can pm me if you are down for some games

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
venomous is a strong variation against some characters but it gets complete killed by some characters as well. it is elso a very simple variation to pick and play but at high level it takes a lot of perception of space and space control. you can not play venomous like a pressure character because she is not. she is a space control, mixup and mind game character this is how I see her as of now.

but maybe i am wrong and the variation is bad and not worth using like most people here say but i have yet to fight someone who makes me feel like the variation is weak. anyone here is down for some games tonight? i am not trying to proof something by asking people who think the variation is weak to play me but i have been taking a lot of time playing this variation and if the variation is as bad as people say i do not want to waste my time with it. but like i say i have yet to fight someone who makes me feel the variation is weak. you can pm me if you are down for some games
Yeah Riu's Venomous is legit. We had a good 5 hour long set on the beta that went back and forth, sometimes in long random streaks too lol.

I recorded quite a bit of it too actually.

D

Deleted member 9158

i am interested in seeing how she turns out in MKXL, since I have only been playing her for a few weeks as of now.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
You pay for that plus string with the execution needed. I do agree, any string that becomes +10 is kinda broke... Not that I'm complaining cause shes my main.. #plzNvrNerfSwarmQ

congratulation NRS you did it... venomous is joining the ''why use that variation'' group ... chip damage is less now which i was find with it in the beta but you have to take it to the next level for mkxl and make spray even more unsafe on block and be less advantage on hit as well? i can understand all the nerfed the variation got but why less advantage on hit i just do not get it? really ?

Last edited:

Second Saint

How much less is the chip damage btw? PC player, can't check myself. It's gone from ~13.5% for f112~ex spray to what?

ok guys i think i got blinded by my salt after i saw her changes. she is definitely weaker but she is still a good character i was wrong.

she is not becoming a member of the "why use that variation" clup