What's new

Venom Usage: Don't blow your load

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
So yeah, I can't stress this enough (especially with the fact that in I2 Bane, it seems worse) to manage your venom. I created a thread to discuss scenarios people might be unsure about and I would share mine:

I never use V3 unless it's a kill combo. The debuff isn't just more damage taken, but omg it's like doing a leg workout then trying to run after somebody. It's absolutely awful. So I STRONGLY recommend not using venom much at all if I'm being honest. I tend to use V1/V2 to armor through things only.

As Bane is (and we couldn't say this day 1 injustice 1 bane) he does just fine w/out venom. I honestly have played this game a lot in the last 2 days (as I'm sure most of you reading this have) and I simply love my health too much to debuff it unless it's absolutely necessary. That's me, feel free to share your thoughts as well

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
As Bane is (and we couldn't say this day 1 injustice 1 bane) he does just fine w/out venom. I honestly have played this game a lot in the last 2 days (as I'm sure most of you reading this have) and I simply love my health too much to debuff it unless it's absolutely necessary. That's me, feel free to share your thoughts as well
so for gear mode, do you think supercharged venom would be a pretty big buff? if he can get by without it in the neutral anymore it practically turns B23 into a killshot button everytime?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
so for gear mode, do you think supercharged venom would be a pretty big buff? if he can get by without it in the neutral anymore it practically turns B23 into a killshot button everytime?
If I'm being honest, I'm only adding gear and shit that looks cool, I don't pay attention to the stats because I enter tournaments and I only play in competitive mode. I'm totally the wrong person to ask and I don't want to give bad information lol

I think it's situational really. In matches where you have trouble getting in and then have trouble staying in while venom is on debuff, it might be necessary to take it to level 3 so that you can make it hurt while you can.

The biggest plus to level 3, though, is that it turns f2d into your best armored move bar none.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If I'm being honest, I'm only adding gear and shit that looks cool, I don't pay attention to the stats because I enter tournaments and I only play in competitive mode. I'm totally the wrong person to ask and I don't want to give bad information lol
nah i just meant speculation

if you dont think he needs armor that much in the neutral makes sense to use supercharged right for gear mode

I love abusing venom. Once you're in you can take an entire heath bar if you abuse his armor. Three full levels of venom is hard to deal with as an opponent. Every knockdown is complete guessing game when venom is active. I played him that way in IGAU but I'm only an online warrior anyway.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Is there an online competitive mode that I am unaware of?
Competitive mode means that the stat boosts given by gear are disabled. In Ranked Matches, competitive mode is on by default. In other game modes both you and your opponent have to turn the mode on if you want gear to not give stat boosts.

Competitive mode means that the stat boosts given by gear are disabled. In Ranked Matches, competitive mode is on by default. In other game modes both you and your opponent have to turn the mode on if you want gear to not give stat boosts.
Ah ok. That clears stuff up a lot. Will I still have my abilities though?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Just pooped in to say i vote this thread has the best title of the year.

And I'm aware my phone changed popped to pooped but I'm going to leave that stinker right there for the shits and giggles

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Yes. Yes it has. Welcome to the FGC. But back on topic.......

I'm personally learning to use 1 then 2 (just when 1 is about to run out, hit 2) to really get the most of my venom. I'm noticing (or I forgot since I haven't played 1 in so long) is you REALLY need to be patient and not....um....exhaust your resources right away

Jupe

Noob
Is something wrong with debuff? I noticed that if u get hit by a super during debuff, it restarts and u have to suffer debuff all again.
This also happens with clashes and stage transitions. It's brutal when your lvl 3 debuff is about to run out and gets refreshed back to 9 seconds.

New user here, and I'm a numbers guy by nature so I just thought I'd share my lab results with the fellow Bane users who wanted to know the specifics regarding Bane's trait: Venom.

The following table is setup as:
Trait Status.....Damage Dealt.....Damage Taken.....Notes

Venom 1 Buff.........+5%........-5%........All special moves gain one armor.
Venom 1 Debuff.....-10%......+5%.......Annoying walk, dash, and jump speed impairment.
Venom 2 Buff.........+15%......-15%......All special moves gain one armor.
Venom 2 Debuff.....-30%......+15%.....Marginal walk, dash, and jump speed impairment.
Venom 3 Buff.........+30%......-30%......All special moves gain one armor and projectile immunity.
Venom 3 Debuff.....-60%......+30%.....Detrimental walk, dash, and jump speed impairment.

While each level of Venom buff last 6 seconds, the same is not true for its debuff counterpart. Venom 1 debuff lasts 3 seconds, Venom 2 debuff lasts 6 seconds, and Venom 3 debuff lasts a cool 9 seconds. So if you use level 1 and let it wear off, you're powered up for 6 seconds and down for 3 (a 2 to 1 ratio of uptime or ~66%). If you choose to use level 2 and let it wear off, you're up for a possible 12 seconds and down for 6 (again, a ~66% uptime). And finally after using level 3 you're up for a maximum of 18 seconds and down for 9 (still a ~66% uptime). So no matter which level of Venom you aspire to use, as long as you can maintain as close to 6 seconds on each level as possible you'll be crackin skulls 2/3 of the time and grabbing your ankles for 1/3 of it.

Personally I agree with Godking Nori in full about the usage of venom. I'd just as soon play without even using it to avoid its horrendous withdrawal effects although I find myself trying to keep level 1 active for the armor. And yes, when I'm trying to end a round I'll mash the trait button for the damage but that is the only case.

As mentioned before (by Jupe) it is worthy to note that clashes and stage transitions initiated before a debuff wears off will refresh its duration. All in all, as much I love the character I think NRS screwed over their biggest opportunity to improve Bane by maintaining him as the only character in both IGAU 1 and 2 with a self-cripping ability.

Last edited: