What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Pyromancer Vak's Pyromancer MU Chart

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So me and Vak played for hrs lol. We ran each of Kitana's variations vs Pyro. RS is definitely the variation to use in the MU and wins against Pyro. The reflect is such a wonderful tool in the MU. Tanya pretty much dictates the match but the reflect is seriously a threat in this match. Once Kitana has the life lead, she can sit on it comfortably, and Tanya has to come in. If Tanya has a life lead, Kitana has to go in, but it's somewhat easy to get it back since the reflect and lift are good tools.

Assassin is a 5-5. Not having a reflect SUCKED. You have to walk your way in now and can't counter zone. She can't even punish fireballs with ex assassin strike on reaction. Thankfully, assassin SEVERELY out damages her lol. Ending combos with assassin strike is a must because you don't want Tanya away from you at all.

I had the most trouble when I was using Mournful. Tanya laughs at the zoning with her zoning. Trading with the projectiles are HEAVILY in Tanya's favor. No real conversion off of air trades with glaives, giving Tanya less fear of kitana in the air. Shadow kick and ex shadow kick are good moves to get in tho

I recorded all of it I think. It'll be up tomorrow afternoon

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
From my experience Mournful and RS have the most success against Pyro. Mournful can take advantage of Tanya's zoning by counter zoning. Use the upper corner of the screen plus floats to aviod fireballs and score a small counter hit with air glaives. During Tanya's pressure you gotta be on point and use bavkdashes and 212-glaives to reset tha neutral. When Tanya has meter things get scary but patience and strong fundamentals will keep you afloat.

5-5.

For RS vs Pro I call 6-4 RS simply because Teleports can be a death sentence for Tanya. Fans are good but you shouldnt be fan storming pyro to begin with. Play patient as Kitana EXCELS In reading, waiting, and blowing up characters who cant jump to add to their mixups.

However RS suffers from bad trades which allow Tanya to run in and start that ground game. Which is another reason I! believe Mournful wins that MU over time. Her ground gamecan be just astaxing as Tanya's and it sucks to deal with both characters with any meter. However Mournfuls safe/bait setups can wear and tire Pyro down seeing as any SAFE glaive setup(gapless) canlead into a jumpback floatxnjp blowup. Or just backdash and block, laugh, punish.