What's new

Strategy Vagrants Deathstroke Tips

Vagrant

Noob
Take my advice or don't I honestly could care less. I just felt like I needed to chime in on the boards with all the terrible online deathstrokes I see. If you want to play better as DS here are my suggestions.

-Zone with IAGS and LGS/ EXLGS. Don't use machine gun, the startup and the chip are inferior to your other options.

-Stop random sword flipping. Yeah the hard knockdown is good, but if you just throw it out like a dumbass (and I STILL do this sometimes... like a dumbass....just out of day 1 habbit) any decent oponnent will punish you for it. Use it as wakeup only if you see them in the air and you know it will connect.

- He has one of the strongest f3's in the game. Use it. Especially while they're inching in at you dodging bullets and shit... Even a blocked f3 leads to frame advantage (+10) and you can start your mixup game from there.

- End combos with sword flip for the hard knockdown. Afterwards you can rush in and mix them up or backdash fullscreen and take your free chip damage with low gunshot as they're getting up. If your going for mixups remember that an untechable knockdown does not mean you don't have to respect wakeups and backdashes.

-Spin..... ahhh spin... I don't know what it is on hit to be perfectly honest. Obviously the frame data is wrong. Sometimes it feels neutral other times in the corner I swear i'm at disadvantage. When I use it as a combo ender in the corner and try to follow up with d1 (7frames) I get beat out by normals all the time. I think it's dependent on where they are in the air/ground when you hit. Be careful using this as an ender in the corner

-Know where you are after every blocked normal/ string. I spent hours and hours in practice at GGA writing down what moves my opponent was in range for after every single blocked normal/ string. Do yourself a favor and do the same. It will help your up close offense a ton. I'm not just gonna give you the answers thats too easy. Learn your damn character.

-jump 3 has good range and wins ALOT of trades. You can usually hit confirm it into 323, f23--spin. It's a good crossover tool as well. This should be your go to jump tool.

-Your advantage moves are f23 (+9) f3/b3 (+10) and 3 (+4)

-D2 sucks as an anti air. Don't bother.

-d1 hits low and is seven frames.... Its especially useful in the corner as a mixup.. Use it. but dont just mindlessly throw it out up close like an idiot midscreen.

-Trait..... ahhhh trait.... I haven't found a single time where I wouldn't get blown up for activating this by a high level player. The only reason it's so tempting is not because of the gunshots but because it makes 132 an unblockable combo starter. Its really not worth it... I'd advise against going for trait.

Overall my thoughts on this character? I haven't run into a single matchup with him that can't be won with enough research, knowledge, and good decision making. He goes even with most of the other "scary" chars. (Yes I'm deliberately avoiding the word "top") No character completely shuts him down from my experiences training at GGA and running sets online (lol). He gets pidgeonholed as a zoner but he's strong upclose as well in my opinion.

Alrighty thats all for now. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. Feel free to completely ignore this write up completely. I just felt bad for knowing all this crap and not sharing it so. I've done my TYM duty for now. Up to you guys to apply it to your game.

Vagrant

Noob
Sorry this isn't really that organized.. I just don't have the time to make it pretty today.. lol

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've been experimenting with j3-b1u2. J3 appears to be around +10 on block, even from the tip of DS's jump hight (I have no clue why it's listed as -3). Because of that frame advantage, b1u2 must be blocked, meaning the whole series must be blocked high then low. B1u2 is totally safe on block, making this a no-risk, high-reward move.

If the j3 connects, you can try to confirm into 323 or f23, but even if you stick with b1u2, you deal a quick 19% and leave yourself at positive advantage and decent spacing.

If the b1u2 connects after the j3 is blocked you can combo into f3-323-f23-SF for over 30% and a hard knockdown. If you have trouble connecting the f3, you can leave it out and still deal around 28%.

Vagrant

Noob
I've been experimenting with j3-b1u2. J3 appears to be around +10 on block, even from the tip of DS's jump hight (I have no clue why it's listed as -3). Because of that frame advantage, b1u2 must be blocked, meaning the whole series must be blocked high then low. B1u2 is totally safe on block, making this a no-risk, high-reward move.

If the j3 connects, you can try to confirm into 323 or f23, but even if you stick with b1u2, you deal a quick 19% and leave yourself at positive advantage and decent spacing.

If the b1u2 connects after the j3 is blocked you can combo into f3-323-f23-SF for over 30% and a hard knockdown. If you have trouble connecting the f3, you can leave it out and still deal around 28%.
I haven't even messed with b1u2 as a followup to ji3. and yeah ji3 leaves DS at advantage from what I can tell. I'll look at the b1u2 followup tonight in the lab

Crathen

Death is my business
Another small tip , if you want to use 32 to check people i'd suggest to dial 323 db3 , if 32 hits it naturally goes into 323 then you can end it with either f23 SF or gunshot , if it's blocked it will go into 32 Sword Spin wich is safe vs the majority of the cast and gives you chip+some space , note that you should do this when you're at the tip of 32 because the spin can actually whiff from certain distances leaving you wide open for punishment.

Vagrant

Noob
Another small tip , if you want to use 32 to check people i'd suggest to dial 323 db3 , if 32 hits it naturally goes into 323 then you can end it with either f23 SF or gunshot , if it's blocked it will go into 32 Sword Spin wich is safe vs the majority of the cast and gives you chip+some space , note that you should do this when you're at the tip of 32 because the spin can actually whiff from certain distances leaving you wide open for punishment.
I don't usually follow up 3 with 2 if I'm just throwing it out. 3 gives advantage while 32 is -6 and 32 spin is -6. It's not too often any player worth a damn is just gonna get hit by a random 32. Although I know the point your getting at and buffering the spin is clever.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I didn't think 32 was that negative on block. I know SS pushes away on block, making it very difficult to punish, regardless of its disadvantage.

Vagrant

Noob
-6 can't be punished by 6 frame moves in this game so both options are safe for the most part. You just have better tools to use in your offense.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
-Spin..... ahhh spin... I don't know what it is on hit to be perfectly honest. Obviously the frame data is wrong. Sometimes it feels neutral other times in the corner I swear i'm at disadvantage. When I use it as a combo ender in the corner and try to follow up with d1 (7frames) I get beat out by normals all the time. I think it's dependent on where they are in the air/ground when you hit. Be careful using this as an ender in the corner
Never use it as an ender in the corner. The higher the opponent is, the bigger their advantage on hit is. If you use it as a combo ender, odds are you had the mjuggled high enough to hit you first. Only use it as a wakeup or midscreen where the pushback can prevent punishment.

Vagrant

Noob
Oh and by the way.

Everybody enjoy the ghetto EX spin reset now, because it's super unsafe and once everyone knows about it you will get full combo punished for even attempting it. Yeah I guess you could go for the low mixup but thats a waste of meter and also unsafe. It's fun right now for some online lolz but please keep this out of your tourney game plan if you want to live.