What's new

v.s. wakeups

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
probaly fix this thread later to what kano can counter and wateva

buts heres something interesting for now

after an upball by it self you can throw a knife RIGHT after at your opponent to check them
it usually doesn't do any damage due to their wake up
but it gives you time to block their wakeup

so far i know it doesn't work against some charging wakeups, and smoke's shake

but the way i c this is....
either blocks and takes chip damage
does their wakeup, gets blocked, then punished
or forced to duck

.... needs more testing... against a human opponent too
i'm not sure if it works in a combo ending with upball since the spacing is different
its usualy no damage... but if it works against a human opponent, it could have its uses

I do this a lot. If you find your opponent punishing this with a wakeup teleport , don't be afraid to throw out an ex knife instead. Your opponent will hopefully wake up teleport as usual , but will be blocked as you recovered quicker giving you a full combo.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
I like limiting their options and give myself better oki by ending combos with choke and jump kick into air grab. I don't like ending combos with upball because they can tech roll. If I hit them with air grab or choke they have three main options: wakeup attack, block and will they block high, low or they tech the throw. I guess it depends on how you play since I play more aggressively with Kano.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
I like limiting their options and give myself better oki by ending combos with choke and jump kick into air grab. I don't like ending combos with upball because they can tech roll. If I hit them with air grab or choke they have three main options: wakeup attack, block and will they block high, low or they tech the throw. I guess it depends on how you play since I play more aggressively with Kano.
i like ending with choke for the same reason

the upball then knife is a standalone upball, because... not sure on all of them, but most combos will mess up the distance and the wakeup wont be able to be blocked after the knife

after a stand alone upball then knife, if your opponent wakeups u have time to block...

still need to test more but the use for this is limited i think like....
upball to get out of pressure then knife, then block their wakeup and punish with.... :)combos in to choke... or wateva

i'm going to fix this thread up later, be patient, to have what kano can counter who's wakesup with, for combos that end with choke.... i like choking me some bitches