What's new

Tech - Cyrax Using teleport mid combo to build meter

huh

Noob
So, I was trying to use teleport mid combos and despite not finding anything worthwhile damagewise, I figured that I could use an empty teleport to build some meter. Had this idea trying out one corner combo posted by @SkyratiK

Don't know if it was already known, but since I didn't find anything regarding the meter build use here, I'm posting some examples:

(teleport is optional, doesn't add to the damage, and its only purpose is to build meter)

Corner:
f21~bf1, db2, f43(~df4b), NJP, b2, uppercut, f43~db4 30%
b2, 4, 114~bf1, db3, f43(~df4b), 4~db4 32%

1/4 screen:
f21~bf1, df2 or dd2 (depending on distance), f43(~df4b), NJP, b2, 4~db3 into HTB (25%+30%)

Maybe you guys can figure out more ways to use it.

@PND_Mustard
@scarsunseen
@Harlequin969
@xxFalcon Loverxx
@MadeOfMetal
@John the Savage

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
So, I was trying to use teleport mid combos and despite not finding anything worthwhile damagewise, I figured that I could use an empty teleport to build some meter. Had this idea trying out one corner combo posted by @SkyratiK

Don't know if it was already known, but since I didn't find anything regarding the meter build use here, I'm posting some examples:

(teleport is optional, doesn't add to the damage, and its only purpose is to build meter)

Corner:

1/4 screen:
f21~bf1, df2 or dd2 (depending on distance), f43(~df4b), NJP, b2, 4~db3 into HTB (25%+30%)

@PND_Mustard
@scarsunseen
@Harlequin969
@xxFalcon Loverxx
@MadeOfMetal
@John the Savage
hey you should redo the videos and take off Infinite meter, so we can see the meter build and if you are using a bar.

either way that is pretty cool, but seriously redo the combos without full bars and make them normal in practice options

Reactions: huh

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I like the mid screen combo with the corner placing, but I will never use the corner combos. I will always but drop a bomb on the ground, keep them in the corner and go for HTB or bait the wake up. But like I said, I am a fan of the mid screen combo. Nice find man.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Ive been working on finding practical midscreen ones as well. Its nice in the corner because you get the damage from f43 without losing your positioning.

SkyratiK

Corner:

1/4 screen:

@PND_Mustard
@scarsunseen
@Harlequin969
@xxFalcon Loverxx
@MadeOfMetal
@John the Savage
You can also do 111xxnet, df2, f43, df2, f43xxdf4b or 111xxnet, df2, f43, df2, f43, df2, 114xxdf4b.

Reactions: huh

MadeOfMetal

Made it without meter refill and with a setup option at the end (some sloppy timing on the HTBs, but you can get the idea)

that is a swaggy combo, but cyrax suffers in the light of building meter due to the Extreme damage scaling.

nice find

MadeOfMetal

Made it without meter refill and with a setup option at the end (some sloppy timing on the HTBs, but you can get the idea)

here is my shit ive been messin with lately

you can see the lag, its small but enough to mess up some of my timings, but like i said they are practical in certain situations

SkyratiK

Ill post a video showing some of the stuff Ive been working on as well. I wish there was a new combo thread. I picked him up after the patch and im kind of just winging it lol.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I LOVE using teleport in combos when my opponent is very close to the corner or he is on the corner. It's very good actually and swaggy :p

something - net - air bomb (close air bomb if your opponent is on the corner or mid or long bomb if your opponent is close to the corner) - F4,3 - teleport backwards - NJP - B2 - deep NJK into close ground bomb to do a great knockdown or S4 - 1,1,4 into close ground bomb to do a good knockdown with a little more damage.

;):D

Last edited:

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I love how everyone else's videos in this thread are set ups that don't actually use the teleport in the combo.... The two videos that do are awesome super swaggy to see