What's new

Strategy Using skarlets OTG dagger in the corner ideas

Cav

Noob

Just thought id post this before i completely give up on this character, but the down dagger is an OTG and im pretty sure it can nullify all wakeup attempts in the corner.
I know you can end the corner combos with 112 dash but to be honest i keep dropping those combos so i came up with this.

Haven't seen it used before so thought i post it

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Cav that is actually pretty sick lol
Might catch people off guard.
Does it completely stop wake up attacks though cuz you know training mode can be dodgy at times with this stuff.
Gonna test it out with my bro later.
Btw WTF WAS THAT CORNER COMBO LOL
I only got 1 with Skarlett and I never learnt her others
I just loop b+1,1,f+4 downslash a few times and then end with 1,1,2 into mix ups.
I should really learn her properly... :L

Mosp

Noob
Ya I use this in the corner a lot because if your opponent doesn't know about it they will get hit by it in most cases. They can escape it though since dagger on block is -3 and they can just jump out after or poke you back if they know what you are doing. I haven't tested this but some characters might be able to roll back and wakeup attack but that is also why it is best to do the air daggers as close to the ground as possible.

One more thing is that this same tactic can be applied midscreen as well but it is obviously easier to escape and there's not as much of a reward. Good stuff nonetheless.

Mosp

Noob
Sorry for the double post but the best way I've found to hit the air dagger closest to the ground is to whiff her U3 and do DB1. It seems much easier and consistent.

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah it has been talked about here:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/bloody-hot-the-skarlet-gameplay-discussion-thread.4861/page-10#post-342925

It's best used after a forward throw in the corner IMO. It does nullify all wake-up attacks and tech rolls won't escape it in the corner. The block disadvantage depends on how high you jump before throwing the dagger. From my testings it seemed to be neutral on block. It's okay in combos but you can just end with 1, 1, 2 and get the block damage afterwards or go for a mix-up.

Somberness

Lights
I doubt the dagger would be -3, I test it from point blank at different heights. It may well even be advantage especially since they are laying on the ground and it takes longer to hit them.

Mosp

Noob
I doubt the dagger would be -3, I test it from point blank at different heights. It may well even be advantage especially since they are laying on the ground and it takes longer to hit them.
Do you think you can test this then? This could be pretty important whether it's at disadvantage or positive.

Flagg

Noob
I get +1 after an U3.
Not to derail, but this has got me wondering, does Sindel get any sort of similar advantage with a levi cancel close air fireball Somberness?

Cav, that video was amazing. Awesome execution, and you said you were thinking of dropping her?? It's only a matter of time before people realise she is top tier.

Somberness

Lights
Not to derail, but this has got me wondering, does Sindel get any sort of similar advantage with a levi cancel close air fireball Somberness?
After her throw (position wise) in the corner, it leaves her +2. Off a regular low air fireball, I got 0 at both frame 7 and 8 of a jump, +1 at frame 6.
Does this mean that the EX air daggers will be at more of an advantage?
I don't think so, it depends when the last one hits. It'd be a waste, anyway.

ryublaze

Noob
Sorry for the double post but the best way I've found to hit the air dagger closest to the ground is to whiff her U3 and do DB1. It seems much easier and consistent.
If you whiff U3 after a forward throw the opponent can wake-up before the dagger hits.

Mosp

Noob
If you whiff U3 after a forward throw the opponent can wake-up before the dagger hits.
I've never really tried to air dagger after a throw but don't you have to dash up and then do an instant air dagger? I only really use it in the corner occasionally.

ryublaze

Noob
I've never really tried to air dagger after a throw but don't you have to dash up and then do an instant air dagger? I only really use it in the corner occasionally.
In the corner you don't have to dash up. You can just jump and throw an air dagger. Midscreen throws won't work because her forward throw knocks the opponent too far (she kicks the opponent at the end of the throw animation).