What's new

Video Using Option Selects to Get out of Pressure

ryublaze

Noob

Any time you block something during hitstun, you can OS out of certain characters' pressure by holding block and mashing out a poke. In the video I show some examples of how you can use it. This is similar to the wake-up option select I posted about before.

The first few examples show how to counter the meaty poke/poke into special meta. To get a throw to come out, you have to mash down then press the throw button. The same applies if you want to get a string to come out. The rest of the examples show how to option select after getting hit by a poke, special or restand.

Parasurama

Dragon

Any time you block something during hitstun, you can OS out of certain characters' pressure by holding block and mashing out a poke. In the video I show some examples of how you can use it. This is similar to the wake-up option select I posted about before.

The first few examples show how to counter the meaty poke/poke into special meta. To get a throw to come out, you have to mash down then press the throw button. The same applies if you want to get a string to come out. The rest of the examples show how to option select after getting hit by a poke, special or restand.
What option select did you post before?