What's new

Tech Using Movement to Negate the Ice Clone from Sub-Zero's 2 1 2

Dark_Rob

Noob
Wanna tag some Sub-Zero players, current or former, so they can be aware of this and give thoughts.

CptXecution Dark_Rob EGP_Shoryuken Kyle Rayner NB Semi Evil Ryu STB Sgt Reed Qwark28
Like anything else with Subzero, everything is wild and crazy guesses. 2,1,clone would put a stop to this real quick, but a million other things would blow up 2,1, clone. Subzero doesn't have the tools to compete in the game safely, so he has to do insane assinine things like lay his whole lifebar on the line to hit a 12% slide.
If you want to beat Subzerderp the tried and true method is to just pick a character that slaughters him with zoning(Kenshi,Kitana,Kabal, Cyrax) Even a beginner Kenshi can make an expert Subzero player fight for his freakin life.

But playing games with the clone like this? Nah I wouldn't reccomend it. Your playing into Subzeros game and you want to go read for read against some crazy Subzero player that's gonna do wild shit cuz that's all he feels hes got going for him? Pick Kenshi, throw some telekinetic shoulders and punches and overheads and call it a day.
Stay away from the clone. Subzero players are fukin nuts, they have to be.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I can't believe people are writing off tech like this. This an option. If the Subzero is doing 212 midscreen and you start taking the clone away from him he is losing ground instead of gaining it. Like you said they have to start doing crazy things. While this is risky if you don't show you opponent that you can do something about it they are just going to keep doing it. I mean come on Subzero is negative after that I'm quite certain perhaps you could get a string in.
It just can't be bad to make you opponent think about his options. Sure there are counters for counters, but who is going to guess the first time?

Dark_Rob

Noob
The point is, why bother? Block 212 clone and your home free and you can go back to pew pew. Pew pew is what beats Subzero, not playing guessing games with the ice clone. Subzero players like it when players think they have options vs the clone. Then we do nutty stuff like 21 ice blast, 21 clone or 214 slide. You can't out risk a subzero player because they live their whole life with their lifebar on the line anyway, so doing risky shit is just part of living to them. Instead of worrying about ways to get past the clone. Make the clone irrelevant by never moving foward. Just pew pew Sub all day long with one of the characters I mentioned, trust me Sub sucks at dealing with it. This is why Kitana slaughters Sub and Cage doesn't, Because kitana pew pews and Cage doesn't.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol

HC 21 2/4 was no big deal .... this was just free damage to me anyhow.
this doesnt make sense.

So this must happen because there's a gap, you're basically forcing sub to either forgo the clone or use 214 clone which some chars can punish.

Oh well, you're still -20 from "blocking" the clone so I don't see how this benefits you that much.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The clone is popping due to proximity in this case. It works on 212 and not 214. But the 21 string is a complete HC so this really doesn't matter.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The clone is popping due to proximity in this case. It works on 212 and not 214. But the 21 string is a complete HC so this really doesn't matter.
The proximity being cased due to the gap in the strong which allows them to dash block closer.

21 is a hit confirmable string but it also doesn't let us use 212 in the corner where we need it.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
After watching the video,I can't really see anyone using this if you got meter just armor out,if

you got a teleport just tele out,if you got a 6 frame jab just poke out and if Sub-Zero is doing 2

1 2 Ice Clone mid-screen your home free and can start do what you need to do to beat

Sub-Zero.(I mean the Ice Clone is just there to make his string "Safe") I can see characters

like Johnny Cage and Jax using this tech to start their offense.....maybe *Shrugs*

ryublaze

Noob
not every character has armor, not every character has safe armor, not every character has raiden teleport, not every character has a 6 frame d1, only player 1 can d1 out of it and you have to just frame it, you won't always have meter, 212 is not hit confirmable if 21 is blocked, midscreen he loses his ex slide into clone setup

This tech is viable yo

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Some of you are completely failing to understand the deeper points to this tech, but I'll make a post to explain later. I'm watching Defend The North right now and have to be ready to provide coverage, after which I'll follow with two more articles regarding separate events.

To the ones who did try this and liked the results, I appreciate it and thank you. :)

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I think its viable and useful,just that their's other options to combat Sub-Zero's 2 1 2 Ice Clone