What's new

Using Kiss in and after combos?

B21F2 NJP dash kiss dash dk 21 cartwheel dash 1 dash 112 ms F1 = 46%

B21F2 NJP dash kiss dash dk 21 cartwheel dash b21f2 112 ms f1 = 51%

In the corner dk 21 cartwheel b21 kiss b21f2 1 1 1 1 112 MS F1 = 50%ish

Kiss JP B21F2 dash kiss dash 4 cartwheel dash 1 dash 112 MS F1 = 35%+

The % are off the top of my head. Could be more or less.

Shady

Noob
There are ways to use it, mostly off the B21F2, but the only real practical way is the corner one mid-combo off B21 Kiss. The mid-screen possibilities almost all require you to use B21F2 as a starter and that's not one of her better starers or jail strings so I would just stick to utilizing it in the corner.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I wouldn't worry about using Sonya's kiss in her combos, honestly. For competitive play, she'll hardly need it.

If you want to just mess around with it for practice, however, then here's the scoop: after you do a b2 to 1 to f2 at midscreen and then a neutral jump-punch, you have to dash and immediately input the kiss. This will take a bit of getting used to, but with persistence the timing will seem natural to you. Offline, that is...good luck landing it online. That's why I wouldn't worry about using the kiss midscreen; now if you're at the wall, it's a different story entirely.

Not often do we see full combos getting landed in any kind of fight, but if you see an opportunity, take it. I would recommend ending all your combos with 1 1 2 to Military Stance so that from there, it becomes a mind-game. You can either do f1 from the Stance to go in with her low hits or dash-cancel the Stance and go into more pressure or a throw.

A naked kiss is definitely not worth the risk unless you anticipate a jump-in. It's a tool a Sonya player rarely uses in this game, but with the others she comes with, it more than covers up her faults.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Thank you! I kind of figured the only way I'd be able to really land it is in a corner, but it's not really necessary for my playstyle, just wanted to see if I could incorporate it in somehow.

Also, totally stealing that midscreen taunt.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
The midscreen combo is awesome (b21f2 njp kiss, etc), but is only really usable off of an unexpected crossover.

If I were you I would pressure with 114 to get them to fear MS, then 114MS->crossover b21f2. Also it nice if you jump over a projectile for a jump punch. If there's an equally good chance of them blocking it, just go into 114.

It's very possible to AA with kiss, and it does have it's uses, but it's very situational (example: don't try and kiss Stryker). use it to control space when you're about 1/4 screen away, and use it sparingly.

In the corner it's pretty much universally awesome.

Oh, and if they've been blocking your dash punches /w kartwheel the whole match, you can go into an EX kiss cancel->throw after the dash punches. It's very sneaky. Riu48 pulled it off while he was being exposed.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I can use it in a corner without too much trouble, but I always find its too slow to do it outside of a corner doing it by dash in. Maybe I'm just timing it wrong with the lag or whatnot.

Beginner0k_TwM

https://www.twitch.tv/beginner0k_twm
In general the following options to add a kiss on MidScreen:
b +2,1, f +2 => b +2,1 ~ kiss
b +2,1, f +2 => NJP => lil dash b +2 ~ kiss
and the most interesting option b +2,1, f +2 => NJP => wiff[b +2] 1 ~ kiss - the initial damage to the vehicle the same as that of the b +2,1, f +2 => b +2,1 ~ kiss .... But in the end by 3% more damage. And then I'll kiss no matter DK, and trying to find a more extensive damage, and that the Cartwheel was made possible after. If anyone is interested then help in the search. Yes, and all variants b +2,1, f +2 behaves differently.

Justice

Noob
I don't know if it's just me or the game, but it seems that if I do a naked mid-screen Kiss, it wears off even before I can hit the second input for the Dash. So I've learned to never use it outside of kombos. Using it to jail in corners though is it's bet use.

Having said all that, I do use it periodically to stuff wake-ups. Fear of the d4 or Kiss generally trains your opponent to roll away into range of Kartwheel.