What's new

Strategy Using Grundy's trait chain power ups effectively

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
This seems simple but its very effective. Some players might not fully understand Grundy's powerups and how they can effect your gameplan. When you get a trait chain you have the option between power, health, and defense. Each power up can (and should) help dictate your immediate gameplan in the match. Early in the match I'm finding its good to go for the power up chain to help get your life lead. Once you've established that you can setup your next power up for either less damage taken or less chip. Now most characters won't want to get close to you because you're Grundy. So vs zoners less chip is obviously the way to go. But I'm pretty sure the Health chain does do the most raw damage so keep that in mind.

Again this is pretty straight forward, but when Grundy players land a chain, think a step ahead and choose your powerup wisely depending on the situation. It pays off.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
This seems pretty common sense, but I think it's awesome you're putting the word out there for other players. I usually do a mix between power and health vs up close guys and chip on dem zoners. I think health really helps with characters that do big dmg (Grundy, Bane with venom, etc). All in all shits matchup specific and I think its awesome. Health vs Bane with withdrawls is legit.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I am curious as to how much the defense trait actually helps in the Deathstroke matchup, anyone have any numbers? I am not planning on turning my 360 just to find out.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I am curious as to how much the defense trait actually helps in the Deathstroke matchup, anyone have any numbers? I am not planning on turning my 360 just to find out.
It's pretty significant, but I don't have any numbers for you.

Just do it. This message has been brought to you by Nike.

This seems simple but its very effective. Some players might not fully understand Grundy's powerups and how they can effect your gameplan. When you get a trait chain you have the option between power, health, and defense. Each power up can (and should) help dictate your immediate gameplan in the match. Early in the match I'm finding its good to go for the power up chain to help get your life lead. Once you've established that you can setup your next power up for either less damage taken or less chip. Now most characters won't want to get close to you because you're Grundy. So vs zoners less chip is obviously the way to go. But I'm pretty sure the Health chain does do the most raw damage so keep that in mind.

Again this is pretty straight forward, but when Grundy players land a chain, think a step ahead and choose your powerup wisely depending on the situation. It pays off.
How do I make each of them, my O only does 9% what do I have to press after it to make any of those

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I made a thread dedicated to the difference in block damage with Grundy's defense trait vs zoners like Deathstroke. Check it out, since it's about as accurate as training mode will tell me.

Gruff757

The Gruff
i initially start off with health, defense if against a zoner like deathstoke

get them into a corner and switch to power