What's new

Tech Using Ground Spark in combos

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Once again, I was fucking around in the lab, trying to maximize damage off of b2 in the corner meterless. What i found was that a well timed 112 will juggle after b2 xx ground spark. Lately ive been doing this combo that nets nearly 40% meterless off of b2!!!

b2 db2 112 112 df2 113 39%

leaves the opponent in a hard knockdown for flip kick shenanigans or u3 cross ups or grap setups or whatever...

Not saying this is ground breaking tech, but from other combos i did (most of which didnt include b2, and arent in anyway viable) the ground spark barely scaled in damage at all. normally did 7% or more no matter how deep in the combo i was.

I dont know if this was already known, it was just something i found out, maybe the rest of you Dicks can lab it up yourselves and find out more damaging and viable options using ground spark.

NOTE: Only regular ground spark leaves them in an extended juggle state, MB ground spark will trip the opponent and leave them knocked down with (from what i know) no possibility of a pick up.

Good luck and hope to hear of your findings Dicks!!!!!!

EMPEROR PRYCE

i have a few other combos that dont involve b2 in ground spark, but they arent that viable or damaging, mostly just swag shit. maybe some other people can help lab it up with me and we can come up with a nice corner bnb :)

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
It could but later would be "lost in translation", hence that, I think it's own thread makes it easier to explore/track/share toughts about it.

Ty for the share pryce

EMPEROR PRYCE

Yeah but this isn't anything groundbreaking that warrants it's own post and everyone's attention. This kinda thing is what combo threads are for.
Until someone possibly finds a new more damaging bnb. Regardless. The post isn't about the combo, more about letting ppl know this is actually possible.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
AOR and mini gun are combo able in the corner, can I post separate "hey look what I can do" threads for them?

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
I'm just saying that this isn't much more than a swag combo. If it's "tech" what's to stop me from 12xxlift'ing you once I see the spark? If it is an optimized bnb.. THATS what the combo threads are for. If it's really this good it'll get posted in the op and you'll get your attention there. Lol. But off to the gl forum I scadaddle

EMPEROR PRYCE

If the mods see fit to have this thread deleted then they will. If not then shut the fuck up and let people appreciate it if its something they didnt know. Jeeze fuckin troll.

Oh and I doubt Ud react anyway, so go ahead and theory fight away dude.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
If the mods see fit to have this thread deleted then they will. If not then shut the fuck up and let people appreciate it if its something they didnt know. Jeeze fuckin troll.

Oh and I doubt Ud react anyway, so go ahead and theory fight away dude.
Don't be mad pookie

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I found something that might help out NW. I'm more than sure you guys know the b2 ground spark setup. Well the one thing I didn't like was the fact that if your opponent knew the setup, they can just tech roll it and you pretty much lost all momentum. Here's what I found

b2 3 EFury forward dash 113 ground spark (slightly delayed)

You can also do it off f213 and flip kick

f213 EFury f3 forward dash 113 ground spark (slightly delayed)

If they block the f213

On block f213 MB flip kick f3 forward dash 113 ground spark (slightly delayed)

There's many ways to setup it up, but this will prevent the tech roll forcing your opponent to wake up or eat the pressure.

I've got another nasty setup but I don't have a capture card and I can't really write it because it's a bit tricky. So if anyone wants to go in practice mode with me and record it, that would help a lot the NW community. PSN ID: CHIMBIMBA123

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I found something that might help out NW. I'm more than sure you guys know the b2 ground spark setup. Well the one thing I didn't like was the fact that if your opponent knew the setup, they can just tech roll it and you pretty much lost all momentum. Here's what I found

b2 3 EFury forward dash 113 ground spark (slightly delayed)

You can also do it off f213 and flip kick

f213 EFury f3 forward dash 113 ground spark (slightly delayed)

If they block the f213

On block f213 MB flip kick f3 forward dash 113 ground spark (slightly delayed)

There's many ways to setup it up, but this will prevent the tech roll forcing your opponent to wake up or eat the pressure.

I've got another nasty setup but I don't have a capture card and I can't really write it because it's a bit tricky. So if anyone wants to go in practice mode with me and record it, that would help a lot the NW community. PSN ID: CHIMBIMBA123
If you are referring to the B2 ~ 3 xx EF ~ B2 setup then tech rolls aren't a problem because if you let the ground spark go it will catch them. Your 113 setup was known already, however nobody ever uses it so maybe you can bring it back to life! :p What's the other setup? I know you said it's tricky but can you try to explain it? lol ;)

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
If you are referring to the B2 ~ 3 xx EF ~ B2 setup then tech rolls aren't a problem because if you let the ground spark go it will catch them. Your 113 setup was known already, however nobody ever uses it so maybe you can bring it back to life! :p What's the other setup? I know you said it's tricky but can you try to explain it? lol ;)
Okay here's what I don't like about the b2 ground spark. If the tech roll it, even if you let go the ground spark the can block it and your at a distance where you have to dash up twice to be in there face. I tested this on small characters and it doesn't whiff, that's the beauty of it :)
So basically the have to eat your pressure because your one dash away and 113 is an untechable knockdown.

Okay so the second setup goes like this, I'll just explain the simplest variant and you guys can find your own, there's a whole bunch of different ways to set it up.

f213 EFury f3 forward dash 113 forward dash u3

If you time everything correctly, the u3 will be crossup leading to some fucked up shit lol. You can also corpse hop with and early timed u3 to reverse the wake up inputs, making it a harder for your opponent to wake up. Like I said if anyone wants to record me doing it, it'll be much clearer!

HeroesNZ

That setup sounds pretty godlike in theory, considering that U3 is also super plus on block. Can you show me in online practice?

AssassiN

Noob
Damn, my post gets ignored lol.
113 tends to whiff on a few characters when used as an ender mid-screen.

I think it does on Harley Quinn for example.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I just tested it on harley and it doesn't whiff if you time it properly, fool proof setup hehe :p. The cross up/fake cross up still works

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
Okay well I couldn't find anyone to record it so I had to do it with my shitty phone lol. Here's it is.

The first part is the cross up version and the second one is fake cross up. Obviously the can wake up, but if you do a an early u3,you can corpse hop them and their wake up inputs, only inputs, not to be confused with the wake up, are inverted. So you have a way out of the wake up. Oh!, and if you wanna be tricky, add a ground spark after 113 but it'll be super hard to connect the cross up (did it once out of 10000 attempts)

HeroesNZ

Okay well I couldn't find anyone to record it so I had to do it with my shitty phone lol. Here's it is.

The first part is the cross up version and the second one is fake cross up. Obviously the can wake up, but if you do a an early u3,you can corpse hop them and their wake up inputs, only inputs, not to be confused with the wake up, are inverted. So you have a way out of the wake up. Oh!, and if you wanna be tricky, add a ground spark after 113 but it'll be super hard to connect the cross up (did it once out of 10000 attempts)
This is good tech so you should either make a thread or post it in the general discussion so that it can be seen :)