What's new

Strategy - Quan Chi Using b32 ex rune?

Arzumis

Noob
I was watching PND ketchup's stream this sunday and he was playing against A Foxy Grampa.

Ketchup was using Quan chi and did b32 rune. Foxy having blocked the b32 armored through the rune.I thought why did he rune when he knows foxy will armor. This got me thinking, in terms of risk vs reward, is it better to attempt b32 ex rune or do the whole b324?
B234 is full combo punishable. In the case of Kung Lao, he gets a 36% meterless punish plus the knockdown.
If You b32 rune, if Kung Lao wants to punish you he can do so at the cost of a bar and taking the rune which does like 8-10% while only dealing 32% midscreen.

Characters with very fast forward advancing moves like subzero can backdash and punish.
What do you think?

I was watching PND ketchup's stream this sunday and he was playing against A Foxy Grampa.

Ketchup was using Quan chi and did b32 rune. Foxy having blocked the b32 armored through the rune.I thought why did he rune when he knows foxy will armor. This got me thinking, in terms of risk vs reward, is it better to attempt b32 ex rune or do the whole b324?
B234 is full combo punishable. In the case of Kung Lao, he gets a 36% meterless punish plus the knockdown.
If You b32 rune, if Kung Lao wants to punish you he can do so at the cost of a bar and taking the rune which does like 8-10% while only dealing 32% midscreen.

Characters with very fast forward advancing moves like subzero can backdash and punish.
What do you think?
I tend to do b324 mostly because i dont like wasting a bar for nothing but sometimes i do it just to see if they armor or not , also if you tap l2 after b324 as summoner its 100% safe

Edit : to answer your question i think yea doing b324 can be more rewarding bec youre ending with vortex 99% so why waste a bar for a tiny bit more dmg before the vortex.

Arzumis

Noob
I tend to do b324 mostly because i dont like wasting a bar for nothing but sometimes i do it just to see if they armor or not , also if you tap l2 after b324 as summoner its 100% safe

Edit : to answer your question i think yea doing b324 can be more rewarding bec youre ending with vortex 99% so why waste a bar for a tiny bit more dmg before the vortex.
If they armor, the ex rune wont come out.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman

What do you think?
I hit confirm the b324 if b3 hits then I will do the 4 of not then I will either do b32 xx rune(or EX rune) or just do the b32 for some reason it never gets punishable even though it is still something like-14 on block

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I would much rather use b32 exrune. If you're just throwing out b324 because you assume that your opponent is going to armor through the gap then you are just assuming defeat and should put the controller down and give them the match in my opinion.

Yeah my bad for some reason i thought you could armor through the 2nd rune only on b32 ex rune , i do know that you genarally cant though idk why i thought that i could do that for b32

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
It literally makes no difference what you do.

Kung Lao will spin if you rune and will just block if you do B324. You can OS the string so armour comes out if I rune and you just sit and block if I don't giving you a meterless punish.

Doing a blocked B3 against lao with meter is a guaranteed punish. You may as well get the meter out of him, if he doesn't spin, you're now + and it's your turn to do something.

At a hard read, you can B32 MB skydrop, you trade the armour and hit him anyway. But it's like, super duper situational.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler

Kung Lao will spin if you rune and will just block if you do B324. You can OS the string so armour comes out if I rune and you just sit and block if I don't giving you a meterless punish.

Doing a blocked B3 against lao with meter is a guaranteed punish. You may as well get the meter out of him, if he doesn't spin, you're now + and it's your turn to do something.

At a hard read, you can B32 MB skydrop, you trade the armour and hit him anyway. But it's like, super duper situational.
How can he OS the armor on b32~rune / b324? I thought those were removed?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
How can he OS the armor on b32~rune / b324? I thought those were removed?
Nope.

Block the b324, armour b32 rune in one.

Removing Quan gaps etc though is a HUGE mistake, if they ever remove the gap between b32 and rune, his rune trap will be 100% free vs everyone for no effort.

Arzumis

Noob

Yea thats my reasoning. to Make him use the bar for the punish.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Nope.

Removing Quan gaps etc though is a HUGE mistake, if they ever remove the gap between b32 and rune, his rune trap will be 100% free vs everyone for no effort.
Bear with my ignorace here..how does he (or anyone) option select armoring gaps like that? It used to be you could mash the move on block but I thought that was removed?

I have been guessing everytime amd half the time getting blown up

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Nope.

Went into the lab with this..I think I am OSing it..

You just unblock and input the armor special quickly and then hold block again? Am I doing that right? Can this be done for all strings with gaps? I take it the opponent could also stagger and block to bait your armor if you do this all the time?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Went into the lab with this..I think I am OSing it..

You just unblock and input the armor special quickly and then hold block again? Am I doing that right? Can this be done for all strings with gaps? I take it the opponent could also stagger and block to bait your armor if you do this all the time?
Yes pretty much lolz