What's new

Tech Using Aquaman's trait to punish GL's minigun.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Hey TYM!

I like Aquaman. I also like the Aquaman vs. Green Lantern matchup. I'm on Lord Brady's side that Aquaman does not lose to Green Lantern. However, there is one aspect of that matchup that rattles my chains.

When GLs do: B13 minigun, B13 minigun, B13 minigun, B13 minigun

Anyway, so I cried to the lab to find a way to punish this string, and like how Aquaman's punish Doomsday's earthshaker with trait, you can pretty much do the same thing with Lantern's minigun.

Scenario:
-Green Lantern does his regular minigun.
-Aquaman takes the first 3 hits of the gun which does about 6%, then turns on trait to block the final hit. Aquaman blocks the final hit of the minigun, then punishes the move with his 6 frame d1. He can get a solid 37-45% or more punish depending on if there is a background bounce or not. In my opinion, if you can get the read, this is totally worth it.

-

I can say for certain Green Lantern is at -6 because I tried mashing Aquaman's D2 like I never mashed it before and I just couldn't punish it.

You shouldn't really worry about if Lantern does his MB minigun because you'd be in block mode anyway as well as in a crouching position mashing your D1 for the punish.

Maybe with practice, Aquamans can block the first hit of the gun, eat the next two hits, and block the last one. I'm not sure if this is possible though.
This punish doesn't seem to work with MB minigun, nor I do I think its worth it anyway.

I think this could turn the metagame for Green Lantern's B13 in that what if he reads you're scouting the minigun and he does B13 into Lantern's Might? I'm not sure if that's a risk most Green Lanterns would want to take since Aquaman is a heavy hitter.

I hope this tech instills great fear in B13minigun happy GLs. Anyway, happy traiting Aquaman players!

Tom Brady
EGP Wonder_Chef
Denzell
MITDJT
Riyo
KT Smith

Have you ever fought one of the best GL's in the world as Aquaman?

Good luck going through the trials sir... It takes A LOT of exp to fight this at the highest level. The mu who calls whos bluff.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I have done this a few times, and punished w/d1~interactable bounce.

Rebelo usually MB mini-guns if I activate out of the mini-gun in front of the stage bounce though, so I don't get anything.
just tagging him cuz he thinks GL beats aquaman and i believe Aquaman has losing MU's like GL and Flash etc

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Soooo.... Flash beats anyone he can launch with D2 trait cancel? hmmmmm... he must beat everyone
He probably means for traited stuff. Things like anything unsafe into trait. Which are already punishable but not by that much damage into flashes amazing setups

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Have you ever fought one of the best GL's in the world as Aquaman?

Good luck going through the trials sir... It takes A LOT of exp to fight this at the highest level. The mu who calls whos bluff.

What do you feel makes the aquaman vs gl match up tough for aquaman?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What do you feel makes the aquaman vs gl match up tough for aquaman?

Full screen control for GL for one thing. He can shoot shit at you from full screen and it's pretty difficult for AM to counter zone because he cant easily hit GL in the air when he does air rocket attack. So you get the notion to dash in where he can easily catch you with his lift.

You can never use Trident Rush either. I dont know about other Aquamen, but I use the shit out of it.

B13 launches on 2nd hit so you gotta be good with your trait.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
You can never use Trident Rush either. I dont know about other Aquamen, but I use the shit out of it.
With Superman nerfed you can use Trident Rush against everyone.

Regular Trident Rush is safe if you don't dash in. MB Trident Rush is safe as well if you space it out correctly with the dashes; only Superman could punish it pre-patch.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

Regular Trident Rush is safe if you don't dash in. MB Trident Rush is safe as well if you space it out correctly with the dashes; only Superman could punish it pre-patch.
unless something has changed since I last checked you get lifted for EX fish sticks

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Soooo.... Flash beats anyone he can launch with D2 trait cancel? hmmmmm... he must beat everyone
i don't think aquaman has the tools to beat Flash imo you can never just frame ground trident me.......ever in any situation, nor trident 3/4 screen in. trident rush gets punished both versions every single time. you don't have any mix ups how will you open me up? you can't dash up on me and i can pressure you on wake up at will. if you come to the break today maybe we can play the MU offline :)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

I understand that, but you dont even want to risk it being that B13 is safe and leads to pressure. Or on hit leads to massive damage/resets.

You're much better off not dicking around with it. I'm pretty sure Brady said that he just doesnt do it against GL as well.