What's new

Tech - Hellfire Using 123 to give quick restand mix up potential.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Found this out yesterday while practicing general execution for Hellfire and curious to see what everyone thinks. Obvous downsides to using this is you're giving up initial damage but it's a pretty damn nice reward if it pays off. The ex tele in the video can be replaced by ex spear for a safer option but that requires doing a slightly different combo.

You can also make this completely safe without meter by just not commiting to the follow up after F4 and using B32F2 which gives nice chip and meter gain and leaves you right next to them with flame aura still active.

Legit risk / reward or a gimmick? I'm unsure myself at this point, will be interesting to see how viable it is in a match.

@Eddy Wang
@Slips
@MITDJT
@Scoot Magee
@Juggs
@STRYKIE

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Found this out yesterday while practicing general execution for Hellfire and curious to see what everyone thinks. Obvous downsides to using this is you're giving up initial damage but it's a pretty damn nice reward if it pays off. The ex tele in the video can be replaced by ex spear for a safer option but that requires doing a slightly different combo.

You can also make this completely safe without meter by just not commiting to the follow up after F4 and using B32F2 which gives nice chip and meter gain and leaves you right next to them with flame aura still active.

Legit risk / reward or a gimmick? I'm unsure myself at this point, will be interesting to see how viable it is in a match.

@Eddy Wang
@Slips
@MITDJT
@Scoot Magee
@Juggs
@STRYKIE
You can also use the option select submitted by another poster here. There's a thread on it. It keeps b3 spear safe without spending a bar.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I like it, Probably has a good chance of even stuffing some armored wakeups in conjunction with the meaty ticks of the flame aura.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
You can also use the option select submitted by another poster here. There's a thread on it. It keeps b3 spear safe without spending a bar.
I tried doing that a little last night and had moderate success, I honest couldn't tell if it was me or just the OS being inconsistent. My commands were constant but sometimes it would work and other times it would not, definitely something to practice though if in fact they stay.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I tried doing that a little last night and had moderate success, I honest couldn't tell if it was me or just the OS being inconsistent. My commands were constant but sometimes it would work and other times it would not, definitely something to practice though if in fact they stay.
Yeah after trying I couldn't really get it to work well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
New combo setups that matches the aura thick with the exact wakeup time all setups midscreen:

Spear first:
Spear~Ji2,21~fa~214~tp, 214~tp. If they wake up, the thick will match the exact wake eup time and hits first, match your normal with the wakeup time.

Flame aura first (as aa also works)
Fa~214~tp, 214~tp wakeup attack time is matches with flame aura, even if you block the thick will stuff the armor

JBT's Grave digger setup
214~tp, 21~spear~Ji2~F4~fa~123, it matches the wakeup timing:

Extended combos with the flame aura matching the wakeup time with grave digger
214~tp, jk~extp, 21~spear, Ji2~f4~fa~123
214~tp,214~extp, run 21~spear, Ji2~f4~fa~123
214~tp, 4~extp~f3~spear, Ji2~f4~fa~123

Eternal vegeance setups using teleport for knockdown matching the time wakeup timing
Spear~21~fbc~21~fa~214~tp, 214~tp
aa Flame Aura~214~tp, 214~tp
NJP~dash flame aura~214~tp, 214~tp

I tested against Sub-Zero's slide and worked like a charm, feel free to find corner setups.

@Slips
@MITDJT
@Scoot Magee
@Juggs
@STRYKIE
@vegeta
@Vagrant
@HeroesNZ
@JTB123