Votes: 35 74.5%
  • No.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Just avoid using them duh.

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think this game did a better job I make use for moves but there's always gonna be useless strings.
out of the chars I play Sub has one. Jax kinda has non he just has moves that are so good makes other strings redundant (3,B2 is good in HW variation).
Kano and JC have no useless normals.

Takeda has a lot haha

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What do you use 3 for?
its not useful but it also isn't useless per se. if you just so happen to get the move by accident, its like neutral on block and on hit it guarantees her 50/50. it can also be used as a decent corner combo filler

the others are decent

b14 is low, low so it can be used as a scrub killer for ppl who don't know the matchup. its also hard to punish for alot of characters and gives a meaty hkd that leaves em close to you

b2 is +2 on block. b2 and b21 can be used as gimmicky blockstrings into bugbomb cancel/bugspray/crawler/puddle/etc cause noone even knows the move exists. its also a special cancelable hkd which is especially good in brood mother when you end combos in b21 crawler

b3 is +2 on block with fast stagger recovery and good pushback, grants a combo in the corner, and is one of her best combo fillers

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Okay let's break down the properties to consider in strings

Note: You should run through all of the following on both mid screen and Corner individually.

General
-Start up (Can it be a good punisher)
-Hit level (High, Low, Mid or Overhead(
-Range (Can it be a good Footsie tool)
-Area of Attack (Hit Arial)

On Hit
-Damage
-Does it Launch
-Does it float
-Does it restand
-Carry
-Flip sides
-Distance on knockdown
-Is it untechable
-Hit Advantage
-Can you Ex it
-Can it be unbreakable
-Is it a good option after RC(Run Cancel)
-Can it lead to set up opportunity
-Lead to OTGs
-Can it be OS"d

On Block
-How safe is it
-Following hit levels
-Is it comfirmable
-Are there any gaps
-Pushback
-Options into specials (What specials can it be cancelled into. can they lead to mix ups, can specials make it safe)
-Chip Damage
-Can you use it for mind games
-Can it be delayed or dash/run cancelled
-Can it be OS"d
-Can it jail on RC
-Frame traps
-Range on following hits
-Does it connect on all hurt boxes
-Does it jail after Jip's
-Can it lead to set ups
-Can it be tick thrown or pseudo tick throwing (Fast enough recovery to do default throw after)

Other
-Can it crush Lows or pokes
-Can it eat armour moves
-Eat wake ups
-OS on Wake ups
-Check long get ups

it's all I can think off for now I'll edit if I think of any more important points.

Shit... I went overkill didn't I?

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
QUAN CHI

warlock only:
-portal grab (df2). the enchanced one has some utility, not mutch tho.
-21f3

sorcerer:
-purple spell (dd1). has some utility, very little tho.

any variation:
-b2hold. the only utility of this move is fucking things up when you do it by mistake. every quan chi hates this move, I know it.
-ji4
-f142. has some utility, very little tho. I like it because it's good looking, so it's fine afterall.

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
A lot of characters have these full screen knockdown strings and they usually have a string you can special cancel to do that for more Damage.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Takeda: -The air teleport is a shit to hit and worse to use on reaction but useful to change position or get closer to avoid some zoning
-b112 bad range, slow and very unsafe
-214 another slow, bad range and unsafe, 2 could be useful as anti-air on reaction if was faster
-f4 no comment
-Tornado Strike: strange move, if the opponent see you coming with this a simple jab can stop you, looks useful to punish projectiles but never saw anybody using it.

Last edited:

Zaccel

Noob
Reptile:

123--No reason not to cancel 12 if you're thinking about using this.
f2/f2, 1+3--What's the point of this? Less safe, less range, and less chip than f2,1. No reason not to do that every time.
b1--It's close to having a niche, but it's not quite there. The d4 followup isn't worth much when the only overhead mixup is reactable and giftedly unsafe.

db4--Nothing about this move makes sense
db2 (meterless)--Slightly lacking in speed, unsafe, and no damage/knockdown of note. Only ever gets used by accident.

IrishMantis

Reptile:

123--No reason not to cancel 12 if you're thinking about using this.
f2/f2, 1+3--What's the point of this? Less safe, less range, and less chip than f2,1. No reason not to do that every time.
b1--It's close to having a niche, but it's not quite there. The d4 followup isn't worth much when the only overhead mixup is reactable and giftedly unsafe.

db4--Nothing about this move makes sense
db2 (meterless)--Slightly lacking in speed, unsafe, and no damage/knockdown of note. Only ever gets used by accident.
The F2 throw is to end combo where f21 won't reach I imagine

But yeah Reptile has a lot of useless strings

Zaccel

Noob
The F2 throw is to end combo where f21 won't reach I imagine
I don't recall any specific combos where f21,1+3 doesn't work as well, hence my confusion.

Forgot to mention 34. It's so close to being useful, with decent damage, range, and safety--but it's high/high and has zero use for combos, so it ends up in f21's shadow.

any variation:
This is quan chis fastest punisher and even though its a high it somehow acts like a mid with its downward hitbox.

Jax's 12d3 is for his wrestler variation cuz its only special cancelable into his command grab making it a great mixup tool : 12 OH dash punch , 123(low) OH dash punch or 12d3 (fake low) into command grab

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Jacqui:
2334:
high mid mid mid, gap before the last mid. Not cancellable. regular knockdown. there's a better option for every scenario really. The whole string is just there with no real use.

b12:
Not cancellable, knockdown, crazy unsafe on block. b14 is a low and cancellable and is + on block so there's no use to it aside from having a cool animation I guess.

EX bf2, EX Quick burst (hi-tech), and EX air ground pound:
How to pointlessly waste meter 101, no use whatsoever and the first 2 are actually worse than their regular counterparts...

QUAN CHI

warlock only:
-portal grab (df2). the enchanced one has some utility, not mutch tho.
-21f3

sorcerer:
-purple spell (dd1). has some utility, very little tho.

any variation:
-b2hold. the only utility of this move is fucking things up when you do it by mistake. every quan chi hates this move, I know it.
-ji4
-f142. has some utility, very little tho. I like it because it's good looking, so it's fine afterall.
2 is useless but 21 is Quan fastest punisher, B2hold is a safe (+1) OH B2 isn't. I'll see if there's some way to use F142.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
2 is useless but 21 is Quan fastest punisher, B2hold is a safe (+1) OH B2 isn't. I'll see if there's some way to use F142.
14 is as fast as 21 and you can trace after it.
F142 is just a bad 141.

When do you prefer B2 hold instead of B2rune? Be honest.