What's new

Strategy Uppercut OTG

Espio

Kokomo
I like it, will you guys be doing a video for this like you mentioned prior to the thread's deletion?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I was bored so I made a video of the Uppercut OTG. I kinda like it...but then again I just love anything with an uppercut.

wow, and here i was thinking jade's uppercut was the 3rd most trash thing in mk9 (after kitana's 2nd costume and baraka's U4 in that order). i guess it's somewhat useful after all. but still pretty trash.

what is up with that crazy looking camera follow effect
It happens when you press "yes, fix it please" when Youtube asks you "we detected that your video may be shaky, would you like us to fix it?". I pressed yes once, it was the worst mistake of my life.

Jade's uppercut OTG is hella insane. If only her uppercut naturally did that to an airborne opponent! :eek:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
It happens when you press "yes, fix it please" when Youtube asks you "we detected that your video may be shaky, would you like us to fix it?". I pressed yes once, it was the worst mistake of my life.

Jade's uppercut OTG is hella insane. If only her uppercut naturally did that to an airborne opponent! :eek:
weird it has never given me that option before

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Also just curious, why uppercut?

Almost every one of her moves OTGs after B2.

I like using d4 since it's great advantage on hit, and still even on block.

I know Krayzie likes OTGing with EN Low Boomerang like a freaking asshole.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Since this thread got deleted and I think it's something that still needs to be explored.
After a b2 you can otg with a uppercut which leaves them at jump distance. So you could u3 if they try to jump back, b2/uppercut/1/njp for jump ins etc,
Credit to Mr. Mileena

PS whoever asked about naked sk,d1,grab is 13% 4 hits
EX Smoke bomb

Espio

Kokomo
wow, and here i was thinking jade's uppercut was the 3rd most trash thing in mk9 (after kitana's 2nd costume and baraka's U4 in that order). i guess it's somewhat useful after all. but still pretty trash.
It's 10 frames, which is pretty standard speed, nothing actually bad about it at all. The fastest uppercuts are 7 frames and her uppercut is average when you look at everyone's uppercuts.

It does what any uppercut should do, no more, no less.

i think it always feels like its hitbox is lower than most uppers. that's why. like i've whiffed jade's upper more than every other character combined and i literally have only played her in story mode and for 2 days out of the week that she was my community voted main. it's unfortunate because i always loved her character design and mk3 jade's yelling running glow shenanigans always made me shit myself in fear, so i really should have given her more time and love, but the upper is just another example that just didnt feel right for me

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
i think it always feels like its hitbox is lower than most uppers. that's why. like i've whiffed jade's upper more than every other character combined and i literally have only played her in story mode and for 2 days out of the week that she was my community voted main. it's unfortunate because i always loved her character design and mk3 jade's yelling running glow shenanigans always made me shit myself in fear, so i really should have given her more time and love, but the upper is just another example that just didnt feel right for me
Her uppercut is specific. It has no hitbox over her head, but it has a lot of forward-diagonal hitbox. It's very good against jips and djks, but it's suicide for cross-ups and jump-overs.

Espio

Kokomo
Ugh...Yeah, Youtube asked me to "fix" the video or whatever and this is what I get for doing so. It literally looks like I was on a boat in the middle of Hurricane Sandy...lol
I did this for one of my videos a while ago....never again lol.

Your video is shaky..want us to fix it to make it more shaky?:REO