What's new

uppercut counter to mileena ex telekick ias not 100% true?

!

go to 3:40, after the sektor combo at around 3:42 mileena does a ex telekick ias and sektor's uppercut wiffs. i was under the impression uppercuts counter mileena's ex telekick ias but in this video you will see it does not.

what's goin on here?

redeyes

Button Masher
!

go to 3:40, after the sektor combo at around 3:42 mileena does a ex telekick ias and sektor's uppercut wiffs. i was under the impression uppercuts counter mileena's ex telekick ias but in this video you will see it does not.

what's goin on here?
he uppercutted way to late.

My grand mother would've uppercut faster than that..

I'm guessing it's just the Sektor player that had slow reaction. Or the pushback like Mustard said..

edit: Yeah, watching it again he did seem a little too far away for the uppercut punish.

ok few cuz i love uppercutting mileena i was just hoping it wasn't something new in the patch. god i love uppercutting mileena random-spammers. if they play good im cool but if they are bonker online careless spammers i hate dying to that shit so thank god the uppercut still works!

As an aside, I find that uppercuts slower than 10 frames are too difficult to consistently punish her. With Kano I just upball, with other characters you have to hope your d1 can combo into something decent. For example watch Arturo vs. Neorussell at T12, as Kenshi he consistently punishes EX tele with d1, wait, spirit charge.

well i mostly play sub, sektor, kabal and baraka.

im sure baraka and sektor can uppercut. sub im not sure and kabal either they seem to have slow upper cuts. i might just try d4 slide with sub and maybe d1 overhead weapons thing with kabal.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Bad reaction time to a EX port into IAS, is going to make it extremely difficult to punish, even if your crouching.. Speed your timing up! :)
-CSB

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
Kitana's uppercut is far too slow. I can never uppercut ex telekick -> sais.

I just d1 -> whatever comes to mind at the time

Is there any Kitana out there uppercut EX Kicks?

redeyes

Button Masher

d1 fan lift = no more tele kicks from mileena )':

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Kitana's uppercut is way too slow.

You can punish it with d+1~EX fan lift but it's hella hard thanks to the negative edge. d+1~EX Fan toss into combo works easier but it's not full combo damage.

I punish with d+1~cutter which isn't enough damage to scare Mileena's. :salty:

You really can't rely on uppercut in this instance. Uppercut is for regular telekick into sai. (unless you have a good anti air juggle string) It does work, but in the heat of battle, it's inconsistent. D1 from crouch block works much better.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Haha... Kool to see my losing video on this thread.. lol.

I wasn't quite used to his playstyle. I only played one Mileena before and he didn't use tele as much..

Luckily Calimaestro is a kool guy and he let me know that the enhanced one isn't really punishable with the sais...

Hopefully I get better against Mileena.. Though I think I'll just pick up an Alt for when I go against her (and smoke too) next time..

You didn't do bad man, not like he destroyed you or anything. Stick it out with Sektor, I think he beats Mileena anyway imo. The only problem you had was you kept jumping into telekicks. It's ok to just sit and block for a while and see if you can bait it. If you'd have done that, you win that match.

Haha... Kool to see my losing video on this thread.. lol.

I wasn't quite used to his playstyle. I only played one Mileena before and he didn't use tele as much..

Luckily Calimaestro is a kool guy and he let me know that the enhanced one isn't really punishable with the sais...

Hopefully I get better against Mileena.. Though I think I'll just pick up an Alt for when I go against her (and smoke too) next time..
Good games! By far you are the best Sektor I have played against in a tournament.

You didn't do bad man, not like he destroyed you or anything. Stick it out with Sektor, I think he beats Mileena anyway imo. The only problem you had was you kept jumping into telekicks. It's ok to just sit and block for a while and see if you can bait it. If you'd have done that, you win that match.
Agreed. If I'm playing against someone who isn't blocking me low I go to town with the telekick. If my opponent doesn't block low I just d4 telekick air sai, and as long as the air sai connects... rinse/repeat. Usually, the d4 hits, but the telekick and air sai are blocked, but the chip damage adds up extremely fast. To stop it... block low and try to bait. But if you start blocking low... then watch out for this (2nd match) =)

-CaliMaestro