What's new

(UPDATED!) "Ultimate" Mortal Kombat II Coming to Winter Brawl this weekend

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
People will find a way to deal with it, this weekend didn't have a lot of OG players. If the palm hit crouching opponents then I'd say it be fucked up. Before we make removals lets see how it ties in against real MK2 players besides JamesMK. It's also punishable...

REO

Undead
People will find a way to deal with it, this weekend didn't have a lot of OG players. If the palm hit crouching opponents then I'd say it be fucked up. Before we make removals lets see how it ties in against real MK2 players besides JamesMK. It's also punishable...
UMK2 is going to most likely have it's first ever tournament here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/feb-28-2014-blu-planet-kombat-4-friday-judgment-day-monthly-saturday-massapequa.41303/page-2#post-1283135

Make sure you MK2 guys tune in for the action!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@gamemk How about they make Raiden's Superman duckable too, that way you don't have to anticipate block anything. Make his teleport more unsafe so you can react to it.

For someone who has played this extensively now, it is not OP as you think it is. Is it good? yes, but not broken. Every character in the game at least gets a LK/HK punish on block even from max range, some characters get much more. Palm strike is negative and duckable... it used to not be duckable and now it is. @Mikemetroid was simply mopping everyone up free because very few true MKII players were there.

This is by FAR the best version of MKII that I've played and it's not even finished yet. I can't wait for the finished game.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You already know Raiden's superman is duckable by Shang, and can be avoided(without crouch blocking in anticipation) by well timed crouching low kicks by other characters, which is a nice character specific thing for Shang and a nice technical move for the other characters.

Aside from Mileena and Kang's iafb there are very few moves in MK2 that condition toward an anticipation block, and that are strong and have greater potential for gain than risk. Cage's shadow kick is edging toward that territory.

I don't think he is broken or OP. I think he reduces the game to a too simplistic level offensively and defensively. I think I'm right about him, but I'll wait and see what people do with and against him.
The most recent version I played had the SK back to 3.1 distance and speed but still unduckable and very punishable.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Same here, but where else are you going to play actual people regularly?
^ THIS

Offline play, traveling for tournaments is simply out of the question for most of us. Those who are fortunate enough to make the MK majors, especially the ones who don't live on the east coast, do so at great personal expense.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
^ THIS

Offline play, traveling for tournaments is simply out of the question for most of us. Those who are fortunate enough to make the MK majors, especially the ones who don't live on the east coast, do so at great personal expense.
I never understand the guys that won't play online.
Yes there are some terrible connections, but you learn online that anyone with a red connection on MKAK will be unplayable, and you avoid them!
Most connections are playable... and sometimes you actually get a perfect connection.

If it weren't for online play I would have remained an average MK2 player my whole life.
I never would have learned jab or all the crazy shit I do.
And if someone my level can deal with losing a match coz of lag (albeit with a lot of grumbles) then everybody else should suck it up and just play online :)

oh man, I really hope that this gets native online play. I know we have Kaillera, but something better that is on the level of GGPO would be amazing. and changing the color pallettes of the characters/stages (like they did between the various SF2 games) would be amazing too.