What's new

Updated!! NRS Stream recap featuring Mobile MKX & More

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Only hype for Ninja Mime.

Also, wow, Jax and Jacqui weren't shown today? That's weird! Why are they the last two characters left to show off?

I think by this point we can see that some characters have *way* better tools and variations than others. Look at Shinnok's or Ermac's moveset compared to Kenshi's...
Maybe some characters are meant to have more pick up and play ability than others.

I think by this point we can see that some characters have *way* better tools and variations than others. Look at Shinnok's or Ermac's moveset compared to Kenshi's...
i dont know why you mention ermac, but shinnok, kotal kahn, ferra/torr, cassie... well for sure they dont have as much tools as others do. doesnt mean anything though, look at zatanna.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
No idea what this is supposed to even mean. From the 3 characters you named, none of them look vastly superior to the other so I don't even understand if you were saying they are a lot stronger or a lot weaker than Kenshi.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Kenshi's Ermac variation looks the most fun.

Also man, Sonya just makes Cassie look bleh all around.
Better moves, animations, model, costume, way more interesting variations.
She even has a freaking Huricarana.

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
No idea what this is supposed to even mean. From the 3 characters you named, none of them look vastly superior to the other so I don't even understand if you were saying they are a lot stronger or a lot weaker than Kenshi.
From what i've seen so far Kenshi is a better Ermac. His variations feel more "fleshed out" than other characters is what I meant.

Monox1de

Noob
Kenshi looks pretty cool. Sonya as well. Tyler remains free and I would have rather them played the ermac vs mileena match again than watch that bullshit D'vorah vs ferra/torr spamfest match that we saw.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
From what i've seen so far Kenshi is a better Ermac. His variations feel more "fleshed out" than other characters is what I meant.
Don't agree. Ermac looks like one of the most improved on characters from MK9, where as Kenshi looks like, well more of Kenshi with some adjustments.

Either way, it's impossible to tell anything without playing the game. Kenshi could be the best character in the game or he could be so "balanced" that every thing he does is ultra punishable and he's bottom tier.

There's literally no way to know at this point.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I couldn't tell, are Sonya's grenades unblockable or not? I must be missing something, because I thought she looked like garbage compared to the other characters (gameplay-wise; looks wise, I thought her model and animations were great). The kamikazi drone was pretty cool, but her parries look too risky and only do around 10%. If those grenades are blockable, what's the point of that variation?

Kenshi, though, holy shit. Nightmare flashbacks from fighting him with Kano in MK9...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It looked like the "armored" version of the Parry got stuffed repeatedly.

I can't describe how disappointed I am that Sonya of all people got what's essentially the equivalent of Cyrax's bombs :coffee:...

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I couldn't tell, are Sonya's grenades unblockable or not? I must be missing something, because I thought she looked like garbage compared to the other characters (gameplay-wise; looks wise, I thought her model and animations were great). The kamikazi drone was pretty cool, but her parries look too risky and only do around 10%. If those grenades are blockable, what's the point of that variation?

Kenshi, though, holy shit. Nightmare flashbacks from fighting him with Kano in MK9...
I think the idea behind Demolitionist is mix-ups. I think they hit different hit-boxes if activated early, and I bet they hit low at drop, so you can punish block at close range pretty freely.

Also, they didn't show it, but it seems she can string into a free stun grenade. Not bad for additional combos. I bet Sonya is much stronger than Tyler was able to demonstrate.