What's new

Match-up Discussion Updated Killer Frost MU Chart

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
*I'll finish my all of the MU synopsis shortly.

vs Aquaman 5-5
exp. Rico, Insaynne, Brady
Both character has the perfect tools to deal with the other's shenanigans. The life lead usually dictates who will come out victorious in this matchup.

vs Ares 6-4
exp. Mr. Aquaman
Killer Frost simply out footies and out zones Ares and there really isn't anything Ares can do about it except for throw out a perfectly timed teleport or jumping back to catch a whiffed slide. Ares still hits like pre patch black adam so it's not so bad.

vs Bane 5-5
exp. Bipolar, Rev
Guess right or lose.

vs Batgirl 6-4
exp. Sonicfox
Batgirls B2U3 is punished by Killer Frost's standing 1. B2D3~redemption is punished by Frost's standing 1. All of Batgirl's jump-ins are anti aired on reaction by F3, forcing batgirl to having to commit to a teleport in hopes of it hitting. Batgirls B12 is too slow to beat out a D1~slide after a blocked slide, forcing batgirl to either commit to a D1 (which is parried) or do nothing. Every cartwheel option punished for 39% into a vortex if guessed correctly.

vs Batman 5-5
exp. Perfect Legend
Momentum based matchup; the victor is normally the character who is able to begin their offence first. Note: there is no reason for Killer Frost to use the metered vortex in this MU as the meterless vortex as Batman's wakeup is easily stuffed by Frost's B1.

vs Cyborg 3-7
exp. Relaxedstate
Killer Frost has no answer for IANB of which maybe 2 people are able to pull of consistently. Still, at the highest level, approaching Cyborg is the hardest thing Frost ever has to deal with.

vs Catwoman 6-4
exp. myself Kappa
Catwoman's J2~anything can be backdashed for a punish. J2 is also easily shut down my Frost's D2 or MBF3. catdash and it's meterburned version, no matter where on the screen, is punished by Frost's standing 1 for 39% into a vortex. a blocked slide also leaves catwoman with 3 options: commit to a D1 as her low started or overhead are too slow to combat a D1~slide, grab which is teched on reaction, or do nothing. Slide is also fully invincible on wakeup, making catwoman's oki meta worthless in this MU; causing catwoman to jump back on wakeup in hopes of catching said wakeup slide.

vs Black Adam 5-5
exp. Rico
One of Killer Frost's worst matchup's pre patch. Post patch, divekick is no longer spammable and is easily punished with slide. MB lightning is also avoided on reaction. MB divekick is still a headache and Black Adam still hits like a truck.

vs Deathstroke 5-5
exp. J360
Like the aquaman MU, both characters have great tools to deal with each other's shenanigans. Frost could have a slight advantage as normal low gunshots are punished on block but I'm not too sure that is enough to warrant a 6-4. What may warrant that number is Frost's D2 and MBF3 shut down any jumping that Deathstroke could get away with in other matchups.

vs Doomsday 6-4
exp. Perfect Legend
Everything that isn't sweep or earthshaker is parried by Killer Frost on reaction. The only thing saving this MU from being a 5-5 is Killer Frost, if cornered, has almost no answer to get out.

vs Flash 5-5
exp. Witness, Honeybee
see. killer frost vs aquaman matchup synopsis

vs Green Arrow 6-4
exp. 7L
Killer Frost outzones GA and punished loading arrow with Iceberg on reaction. Any jumping at Frost' is MBF3 on reaction into 40%+. Frost also hits harder than GA does for making a mistake, leaving Frost advantageous even when taking more risk.

vs Green Lantern 5-5
exp. everyone and their mama
Lantern's B13 is parried into 40+% into a vortex. B1~minigun (~20%) or B1~B13 catches parry for a 40% combo. Other than that meta, this is a life lead dependent MU.

vs Harley Quinn 5-5
not too much exp. here

vs Hawkgirl 5-5
or here

vs Joker 6-4
exp. Qwark
Joker gets outzoned forcing him to try and make his way in by either dashing or jumping. All jump attempts are punished with MBF3 for 40%+ into a vortex. Another MU where there is never a reason to not use the meterless vortex as Joker's wakeups are easily avoided.

vs Lex Luthor 5-5
exp. Revolver
Frost out zones Lex. A few of his strings are interrupted with parry, equaling 40%+ into a vortex. Traited up Lex when he does get in is a nightmare. Also, being a power character with decent interactable control doesn't help Frost.

vs Lobo 6-4
exp. Captain O2
Frost out zones Lobo. Lobo out damages Frost. Frost anti air's Lobo's jump-ins easily. post slide meta is in Frost's favor. Hook charge is parryable. Low chain is punished by slide or Iceberg on block.

vs Martian Manhunter 3-7
exp. Jupiter
Frost's get's out footsied and out damaged. Frost' has 0 interactable control while Martian's control is the best in the game. Martian can reversal punish iceberg with pillar while pillar can not reversal punished with iceberg. daggers are punished with both teleport options. Frost also has 0 answer for overhead teleport that is unique.

vs Nightwing 6-4
exp. Chongo
See doomsday MU synopsis with an added note of weaker corner game.

vs Raven 5-5
exp. Glass Sword
see deathstoke MU synopsis

vs Scorpion 7-3
exp. Perfect Legend
Scorpions vortex is punished on block. MB teleport is punished on block. Scorpions jumping attacks are easily anti aired. Frost does almost twice the damage for guessing right versus scorpion in the same situation.

vs Shazam 6-4
trust me, a lot of exp. here

vs Sinestro 6-4
exp. p2w, stuka
Frost effectively keeps sinestro from ever getting his trait out thanks to daggers + iceberg. Though if trait does find itself loaded, the match turns in favor of Sinestro instantly.

vs Solomon Grundy 5-5
not too much exp. here

vs Superman 5-5
exp. Jupiter, KDZ

vs Wonder Woman 5-5
exp. Foxy

vs Zatanna 5-5
not too much exp. here

vs Zod 5-5
exp. M2Dave, Viking

no up-playing or downplaying
MMH is only a 6-4, you are still the only killer frost who disagrees lol. We played a very short set between the 2 characters online. You can't be so quick to judge that match up, there is much more killer frost can do to negate martian from placing orbs and she can shut down his trait 3 better then 90% of the cast.

astronout

see you at the top.
MMH is only a 6-4, you are still the only killer frost who disagrees lol. We played a very short set between the 2 characters online. You can't be so quick to judge that match up, there is much more killer frost can do to negate martian from placing orbs and she can shut down his trait 3 better then 90% of the cast.
martian has more than a slight advantage in this matchup. he has a definite advantage. that is not even arguable at this point.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Hawkgirl's 4-6 imo, and I honestly think MMH is only 4-6, but otherwise: best match-up chart I've seen so far for Frost.
I agree with these.

I think both my characters beat Killer Frost 6-4. I posted reasons for Hawkgirl in another thread that I can post if needed, but the short version is Hawkgirl exploits Killer Frost's lack of air control better than most characters in the game and doesn't have to put up with her zoning from daggers, iceberg and sets the pace of the match up heavily.

astronout

see you at the top.
I agree with these.

I think both my characters beat Killer Frost 6-4. I posted reasons for Hawkgirl in another thread that I can post if needed, but the short version is Hawkgirl exploits Killer Frost's lack of air control better than most characters in the game and doesn't have to put up with her zoning from daggers, iceberg and sets the pace of the match up heavily.
i myself just haven't played the hawkgirl matchup enough to give it a number but the consensus seems to be 6-4 Hawkgirl just as you've said. Martain's air control is even better than Hawkgirl's, and in addition, his interactable control combined with his damage gives him even more of an advantage than Hawkgirl has.

there is no way in hell that Killer Frost doesn't have a slight advantage in this matchup. are you saying nightwing does as well in this matchup as aquaman does?
Yes he does but aquaman has more ways around her zoning which would make it easier for him but NW has mobility in the MU. I've played it too much. Correct me if im wrong but isn't KFs slide om block -5???

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
What are your viewpoints on the Shazam matchup? I'm not disagreeing numbers. But what points give the advantage?

astronout

see you at the top.
Yes he does but aquaman has more ways around her zoning which would make it easier for him but NW has mobility in the MU. I've played it too much. Correct me if im wrong but isn't KFs slide om block -5???
it's -4. nightwing has an even tougher time getting around daggers than aquaman does. killer frost wins the trade in escirma and staff thanks to daggers being two hits. wing dings are punished anywhere on the screen. your best normals are parried for 40% into a vortex. if you want to up-play the matchup then by all means continue to do so but I've laid out reasons why you should reconsider.

Last edited:

astronout

see you at the top.
What are your viewpoints on the Shazam matchup? I'm not disagreeing numbers. But what points give the advantage?
Frost outzones shazam hard, forcing him to get in; thus more likely to make a mistake like jumping at killer frost or starting offence with unsafe specials or mediocre footsie tools.

*I'll finish my all of the MU synopsis shortly.

vs Aquaman 5-5
exp. Rico, Insaynne, Brady
Both character has the perfect tools to deal with the other's shenanigans. The life lead usually dictates who will come out victorious in this matchup.

vs Ares 6-4
exp. Mr. Aquaman
Killer Frost simply out footies and out zones Ares and there really isn't anything Ares can do about it except for throw out a perfectly timed teleport or jumping back to catch a whiffed slide. Ares still hits like pre patch black adam so it's not so bad.

vs Bane 5-5
exp. Bipolar, Rev
Guess right or lose.

vs Batgirl 6-4
exp. Sonicfox
Batgirls B2U3 is punished by Killer Frost's standing 1. B2D3~redemption is punished by Frost's standing 1. All of Batgirl's jump-ins are anti aired on reaction by F3, forcing batgirl to having to commit to a teleport in hopes of it hitting. Batgirls B12 is too slow to beat out a D1~slide after a blocked slide, forcing batgirl to either commit to a D1 (which is parried) or do nothing. Every cartwheel option punished for 39% into a vortex if guessed correctly.

vs Batman 5-5
exp. Perfect Legend
Momentum based matchup; the victor is normally the character who is able to begin their offence first. Note: there is no reason for Killer Frost to use the metered vortex in this MU as the meterless vortex as Batman's wakeup is easily stuffed by Frost's B1.

vs Cyborg 3-7
exp. Relaxedstate
Killer Frost has no answer for IANB of which maybe 2 people are able to pull of consistently. Still, at the highest level, approaching Cyborg is the hardest thing Frost ever has to deal with.

vs Catwoman 6-4
exp. myself Kappa
Catwoman's J2~anything can be backdashed for a punish. J2 is also easily shut down my Frost's D2 or MBF3. catdash and it's meterburned version, no matter where on the screen, is punished by Frost's standing 1 for 39% into a vortex. a blocked slide also leaves catwoman with 3 options: commit to a D1 as her low started or overhead are too slow to combat a D1~slide, grab which is teched on reaction, or do nothing. Slide is also fully invincible on wakeup, making catwoman's oki meta worthless in this MU; causing catwoman to jump back on wakeup in hopes of catching said wakeup slide.

vs Black Adam 5-5
exp. Rico
One of Killer Frost's worst matchup's pre patch. Post patch, divekick is no longer spammable and is easily punished with slide. MB lightning is also avoided on reaction. MB divekick is still a headache and Black Adam still hits like a truck.

vs Deathstroke 5-5
exp. J360
Like the aquaman MU, both characters have great tools to deal with each other's shenanigans. Frost could have a slight advantage as normal low gunshots are punished on block but I'm not too sure that is enough to warrant a 6-4. What may warrant that number is Frost's D2 and MBF3 shut down any jumping that Deathstroke could get away with in other matchups.

vs Doomsday 6-4
exp. Perfect Legend
Everything that isn't sweep or earthshaker is parried by Killer Frost on reaction. The only thing saving this MU from being a 7-3 is Killer Frost, if cornered, has almost no answer to get out.

vs Flash 5-5
exp. Witness, Honeybee
see. killer frost vs aquaman matchup synopsis

vs Green Arrow 6-4
exp. 7L
Killer Frost outzones GA and punished loading arrow with Iceberg on reaction. Any jumping at Frost' is MBF3 on reaction into 40%+. Frost also hits harder than GA does for making a mistake, leaving Frost advantageous even when taking more risk.

vs Green Lantern 5-5
exp. everyone and their mama
Lantern's B13 is parried into 40+% into a vortex. B1~minigun (~20%) or B1~B13 catches parry for a 40% combo. Other than that meta, this is a life lead dependent MU.

vs Harley Quinn 5-5
not too much exp. here

vs Hawkgirl 4-6
or here

vs Joker 6-4
exp. Qwark
Joker gets outzoned forcing him to try and make his way in by either dashing or jumping. All jump attempts are punished with MBF3 for 40%+ into a vortex. Another MU where there is never a reason to not use the meterless vortex as Joker's wakeups are easily avoided.

vs Lex Luthor 5-5
exp. Revolver
Frost out zones Lex. A few of his strings are interrupted with parry, equaling 40%+ into a vortex. Traited up Lex when he does get in is a nightmare. Also, being a power character with decent interactable control doesn't help Frost.

vs Lobo 6-4
exp. Captain O2
Frost out zones Lobo. Lobo out damages Frost. Frost anti air's Lobo's jump-ins easily. post slide meta is in Frost's favor. Hook charge is parryable. Low chain is punished by slide or Iceberg on block.

vs Martian Manhunter 3-7
exp. Jupiter
Frost's get's out footsied and out damaged. Frost' has 0 interactable control while Martian's control is the best in the game. Martian can reversal punish iceberg with pillar while pillar can not reversal punished with iceberg. daggers are punished with both teleport options. Frost also has 0 answer for overhead teleport that is unique.

vs Nightwing 6-4
exp. Chongo
See doomsday MU synopsis with an added note of weaker corner game.

vs Raven 5-5
exp. Glass Sword
see deathstoke MU synopsis

vs Scorpion 7-3
exp. Perfect Legend
Scorpions vortex is punished on block. MB teleport is punished on block. Scorpions jumping attacks are easily anti aired. Frost does almost twice the damage for guessing right versus scorpion in the same situation.

vs Shazam 6-4
Frost outzones shazam hard, forcing him to try and get in; thus, Shazam is more likely to make a mistake like jumping at killer frost or starting offence with unsafe specials or mediocre footsie tools.

vs Sinestro 6-4
exp. p2w, stuka
Frost effectively keeps sinestro from ever getting his trait out thanks to daggers + iceberg. Though if trait does find itself loaded, the match turns in favor of Sinestro instantly.

vs Solomon Grundy 5-5
not too much exp. here

vs Superman 5-5
exp. Jupiter, KDZ

vs Wonder Woman 5-5
exp. Foxy

vs Zatanna 5-5
not too much exp. here

vs Zod 5-5
exp. M2Dave, Viking

no up-playing or downplaying
i always thought zod sort of wins and batmans trait seems like a problem

astronout

see you at the top.
i always thought zod sort of wins and batmans trait seems like a problem
Batman's trait in footsie range does give Frost problems but when his trait is canceled into any string, any follow-up is interruptable with her standing one, thus weakening his offense. If Zod does win, it is solely because of his interactable control as Frost has an answer for everything else.

Last edited:
Batman's trait in footsie range does give Frost problems but when his trait is canceled into any string, any follow-up is interruptable with her standing one, this weakening his offense. If Zod does win, it is solely because of his interactable control as Frost has an answer for everything else.
do you play online anymore??? i'd run some games with zod

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I can vouch on the KF vs. Joker MU being 6-4. I've had quite a bit of experience with @Gilbagz.

I still think KF v BG is 5-5. Out of all the potential MUs she loses, this is not one.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I can vouch on the KF MU being 6-4. I've had quite a bit of experience with @Gilbagz.

I still think KF v BG is 5-5. Out of all the potential MUs she loses, this is not one.
Yeah I agree that it is even as well. I don't feel like I am at a huge advantage regardless if I am playing BG vs Frost or vice versa. If I did have to pick a side I would choose Frost though, however.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Yeah I agree that it is even as well. I don't feel like I am at a huge advantage regardless if I am playing BG vs Frost or vice versa. If I did have to pick a side I would choose Frost though, however.
Maybe I'm just a scrub. I hate the matchup. Maybe its cause I play online. Idk