What's new

(Updated) Johnny Cage & Raiden as announcers in Mortal Kombat 11

Lokheit

Noob
I hope we get for every character who can speak
I hope not, Ronda shouldn't have any more of his bad acted lines in the game, it would be terrible as an announcer. She already drained all emotion from her scenes in story mode. Made me feel again like when I played games in spanish instead of english, all the memories about bad voice acting again...

Gamer68

Fujin!
Weird that Tundra has a voice line. Wonder if that plays sometimes when you pick Sub-Zero or if he was planned at one point. There's also one that sounds like Bo' Rai Cho.

Lun

proud TERF!
This. Or at least MK9's Shao Kahn.

This new Shao Kahn sounds like ass. Especially his announcer voice.

I know right?????

Shao Kahn, in the original trilogy, sounded actually menacing and powerful and clever.

What we got now is a dumb brute. Hard to take him seriously as an overlord final boss.

Afumba

Noob
Awesome stuff. I would totally pay money for the JC announcer. Same for Cassie, Dvorah, Jax and Skarlet.

So I heard in order to get Johnny as the announcer you have to beat story mode on hard without blocking. Anyone know if this is true or have I been trolled?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I think my favorite thing about the Johnny Cage announcer is when you select him. He just says, “me”. I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
It just makes it all the more irritating to me that they kept the announcer voice in English. Why did they do that? To save money? Sheesh!

It's better this way, I wouldn't like "primo round combattete" or "Noob vince, vittioria impeccabile"...The original english is too iconic.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
But that is one of Liu Kang's skins. I believe you need to complete all the towers in the gauntlet to unlock it, if i'm not mistaken lol
Yes, yes, I know. But my theory is once you have this skin his display name will be "Fire God Liu Kang". Kinda like The Vixen in Injustice 2

Lun

proud TERF!
It's better this way, I wouldn't like "primo round combattete" or "Noob vince, vittioria impeccabile"...The original english is too iconic.
It's not "vittoria impeccabile"; if we follow the film then it's "vittoria sfolgorante"!

And what's wrong with that? Why would it sound better in English? The lack of Italian dubs for the announcer makes much less sense now that it seems we're getting more of those.