What's new

UPDATE: Kombat Kast #8 — Friday April 12, 3:00 PM CST — D’Vorah, Kitana, and Cetrion

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
All jokes aside, I sincerely believe this is the right move. I think Shao Kahn/Frost would be a stronger finish to the pre-release kasts than Shao/Cetrion or Cetrion/Frost. This is better pacing, assuming that's what they're doing next.

This also means more time devoted to each character, potentially (unless they have more to show than characters in the last week).

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Do you know how impossible it is to avoid spoilers? You literally have to stay off the internet completely. Avoiding MK forums and YouTube is not enough. You can simply open up a browser on your phone and the home page will have some sort of major game spoiler as a headline.

All I want is a little bit of the mystery to return to MK. It's one of the main things that made the games exciting for me as a kid.
It's our responsibility to not be spoiled not other people's. As for the full roster leak that was shit but leaks have it's place in all games. Everyone here usually uses spoiler tags when referencing big stuff. But that has nothing to do with the creator breaking down the full roster before day 1. If the creators intend to divulge character roster then that's what we get.

Why is everyone talking about "cyber-frost" is there a reason we think she is going to be a cyborg? She was human in MKx wasn't she?
In the lore all Lin Kuei was turned into Cyborgs. There is also a leak that was confirmed as her being Cyber Initiative

In the lore all Lin Kuei was turned into Cyborgs. There is also a leak that was confirmed as her being Cyber Initiative
Wasn't the cyber initiative long before she joined the Lin Kuei? By the time Sub Zero takes her under his wing, that's been long gone in the game lore. Cyrax blew up every last cyborg and handed over Grandmaster status to a human Sub Zero.

I mean not saying it's not possible with all the weird jumping timeline stuff I guess, but that's where the story is at the moment. It would be cool to get a cyborg in the game though since it doesn't seem like any of the original ones will be present.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Wasn't the cyber initiative long before she joined the Lin Kuei? By the time Sub Zero takes her under his wing, that's been long gone in the game lore. Cyrax blew up every last cyborg and handed over Grandmaster status to a human Sub Zero.

I mean not saying it's not possible with all the weird jumping timeline stuff I guess, but that's where the story is at the moment. It would be cool to get a cyborg in the game though since it doesn't seem like any of the original ones will be present.
We've seen Tekunin goons in the Old School trailer and saw a Tekunin stage in Noob's trailer. If cyber Lin Kuei are back, it's entirely possible they're from the past and that Frost is the head, or at least high-ranking.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
It wouldn't be fair if Cetrion and Shao Kahn were shown together on the Kombat Kast. Imagine the outrage from Shao's fans when Cetrion beat the crap out of him!

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
This was before she was shown on game informer though.
The context of their saying that was literally a response to "Are the characters GI is previewing going to show up on the kast?". D'Vorah and Erron are getting stuff via GI, too. There was never any vagueness about whether or not Cetrion was going to show.

Am I too delusional if I expect them to at least hint at one character from the Kombat Pack?
I don't think they'd be totally crazy to do a trailer like they did for INJ2 to announce what characters are gonna be in. Might not do it in pre-release because people get unreasonably angry about the fact that devs plan ahead.

On Frost, the Tekunin, and the Cyber Lin Kuei: It's entirely possible that they're from the current timeline. Sektor's head is being kept right there in the Lin Kuei Temple - Frost, in one of her ten thousand rebellious fits, could have scampered away with it and somehow got it all started back up using information from his noggin.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I don't think they'd be totally crazy to do a trailer like they did for INJ2 to announce what characters are gonna be in. Might not do it in pre-release because people get unreasonably angry about the fact that devs plan ahead.
Well, don't mind them. I still haven't pre-order, I just want to know how much money I have to put on!

Gamer68

Fujin!
hey GUISE wut if NRS wants to give us a BIG SURPRISE so they say they're gonna show Cetrion but when you start watching their stream they show a FROSTY TRAILER

Just go full Cyberpunk 2077 with the reveal.

They are about to breakdown Cetrion, but then the screen goes black.

Screen comes back on and there's a Lin Kuei symbol on a dialogue screen, and the command ">play trailer" is typed.

Frost reveal starts.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I can't wait for them to show Kitana, D'Vorah and Cetrion, but Tyler and Derek decide to play the Sonya/Jax vs. Jade match-up again.

I don't care for this Cetrion breakdown either but you guys have to realize the Kasts cover a much bigger audience than GI ever could. I mean, sure, we all here have already seen it, but how many people even is that? A couple hundred, 1k being really generous? The Kast reuploads on YouTube get several hundred thousand views on all the different channels they're posted on.
I think you're underestimating Gameinformer. Their channel has over 500k subscribers. The Cetrion breakdown has 175k views, and the Cetrion vs Noob vid has almost 600k views over two channels. Tyler said they have more moves to show, so at least we'll get to see some new stuff. Also the Gameinformer people doing the breakdown with 16bit sucked.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I don't care for this Cetrion breakdown either but you guys have to realize the Kasts cover a much bigger audience than GI ever could. I mean, sure, we all here have already seen it, but how many people even is that? A couple hundred, 1k being really generous? The Kast reuploads on YouTube get several hundred thousand views on all the different channels they're posted on.
I feel like anyone who watches the Kombat Kasts has already seen the GameInformer video.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Tfw you fuck up cooking your quesadilla you were gonna eat during the Kast and you can't make another one in fear of missing the Kast so you just have to settle for a measly peanut butter sandwich ;-;
I had prepared something to eat, but I already ate it.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I think you're underestimating Gameinformer. Their channel has over 500k subscribers. The Cetrion breakdown has 175k views, and the Cetrion vs Noob vid has almost 600k views over two channels. Tyler said they have more moves to show, so at least we'll get to see some new stuff. Also the Gameinformer people doing the breakdown with 16bit sucked.
Maybe so but the MK YT channel has 600k+ and this Kast will be reuploaded to other channels who have much more than that.

I feel like anyone who watches the Kombat Kasts has already seen the GameInformer video.
Live? Yeah, absolutely. But re-read my post, my point is that the Kasts are reuploaded to YouTube by several different channels including the offical MK channel, Gamespot, IGN, etc. and those cover a bigger audience than just GI.