What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I think the Amulet puzzle one just leads to more normal chests. But those chests could contain Skins, Finishers, etc, and if you ever want to get those then you need to unlock those chests.

Shang Tsung's Throne Room that you unlock from impaling 10 heads has chests that give you intro and victory animations.
You need to impale the WHOLE base roster to unlock the main gate. If you impale the first 10, it'll unlock the doors in his throne.

If it gets patched, good luck on grinding this shit.

Amulet puzzle? Isn't that just next to the Forge? That's dumb easy.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
i just did it and i unlocked alot of doors in shang tsungs throne room

the throne room is full of 25k chests that have crazy good loot

the head glitch still works

Only at locked doors, like Dragon Amulet door. Not the puzzles and the currency locked stuff.
Well I have opened this already but somehow it's not working on other closed doors like the ones you need a skeleton key.

Same goes for One Being door.

Have someone found another one to open that way?

Tanno

Well I have opened this already but somehow it's not working on other closed doors like the ones you need a skeleton key.

Same goes for One Being door.

Have someone found another one to open that way?
I see.

One Being door? Isn't the one that you need the gems that you acquire from 10 Brutalities, 10 Fatalities, and 10 Mercies? The one leading to Blaze's heart?

For whoever that doesn't know, the Blaze's heart is in the 80k chest just past this very door in Goro's Lair.

Sorry, but cannot help ya since I have opened almost all the doors. I guess, we'll find out soon.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
ATTENTION!!!
I can konfirm that you don’t need to press 3 on the loading screen, you can do it in the game itself. The moment you appear don’t move, hold 3 and then move the character and the camera, don’t release it until you hit the chest

I'm thinking of doing it, but I haven't even touched the Krypt yet.

So guys, 2 questions.

1. Is the exploitable area near the beginning or later in the Krypt? As I said, I haven't opened a single Krypt chest yet.

2. I have 1.9m koins, 4k SF, 1500 hearts.
Are my resources enough to get to the exploit in a single run?

I would appreciate it if someone provides me with an estimated time for this run.

Tanno

I'm thinking of doing it, but I haven't even touched the Krypt yet.

So guys, 2 questions.

1. Is the exploitable area near the beginning or later in the Krypt? As I said, I haven't opened a single Krypt chest yet.

2. I have 1.9m koins, 4k SF, 1500 hearts.
Are my resources enough to get to the exploit in a single run?

I would appreciate it if someone provides me with an estimated time for this run.
1. Yep, it is. It's in the Warrior Shrine, where you'll see a cutscene with Raiden's statue being destroyed by the meteorite. The glitched impaled heads are just across of those statues. The area is close by. You just need to break the barricaded passage to the Courtyard, and then go to the right to find this area.

2. They should be enough to open almost all the chests, even those 25k ones. Hold on with the 4k Souls, because you'll need more than 13k Souls to unlock certain Ermac chests. Same goes for the Hearts. You need them to unlock the Shao Chests (those you first break with his hammer, and then unlock with the Hearts).

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
Nah, fuck it. Just go all in. I'm posting it around to the masses as well.
Basically this.

If they're going to hit the ban switch, they'll be banning a huge portion of the playerbase, and outrage will ensue.

They can't blame the players for poor coding.

It works on anything that says "Locked" as far as I know, and the Warrior Shrine is one of the earliest accessible areas, so yes.

Wonder if it works on the soul chests before you get Ermac's amulet? Hmm...
1. Yep, it is. It's in the Warrior Shrine, where you'll see a cutscene with Raiden's statue being destroyed by the meteorite. The glitched impaled heads are just across of those statues. The area is close by. You just need to break the barricaded passage to the Courtyard, and then go to the right to find this area.

2. They should be enough to open almost all the chests, even those 25k ones. Hold on with the 4k Souls, because you'll need more than 13k Souls to unlock certain Ermac chests. Same goes for the Hearts. You need them to unlock the Shao Chests (those you first break with his hammer, and then unlock with the Hearts).
Thank you both. One last question.
Until i get there, should I open chests recklessly, or save and spend there?

Man, I was holding the Krypt for later but obviously this thing will be patched and don't wanna miss the opportunity.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
So.......I found something of a secondary glitch to this one. If you enter the krypt holding down the X button and go over to the gate blocking you from the Kabal chest across the Pit, you will automatically unlock the gate. Now, it will immediately tell you there's been an error contacting the server, but if you let the gate animation play out before pressing X and being forced back to the main menu, you'll get 2,000 koins and 50 soul fragments. Once you re-enter the krypt, the gate has been reset to locked, and you can repeat the process, gaining a free 2,000 koins and 50 soul fragments over....and over...and over again.

Each time you get kicked to the main menu, it'll show that koins and soul fragments have been added to your total each time. :confused:

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
So.......I found something of a secondary glitch to this one. If you enter the krypt holding down the X button and go over to the gate blocking you from the Kabal chest across the Pit, you will automatically unlock the gate. Now, it will immediately tell you there's been an error contacting the server, but if you let the gate animation play out before pressing X and being forced back to the main menu, you'll get 2,000 koins and 50 soul fragments. Once you re-enter the krypt, the gate has been reset to locked, and you can repeat the process, gaining a free 2,000 koins and 50 soul fragments over....and over...and over again.

Each time you get kicked to the main menu, it'll show that koins and soul fragments have been added to your total each time. :confused:
And yet another middle finger to WB is discovered :D

To think this is barely week 2 or so... by the time the game's as old as MKX, WB will be buried under a mountain of fuck you's.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well, I did 10 of them just to access the throne room. WORTH

Got Sub, Cassie, and Jade intro and victories and skins. 3 of my more played characters.

Before even doing this I had practically opened every chest that I had access to in the krypt (still don't know how/what to do with those locked green soul looking things) and kept thinking where the fuck are all the intros and outros?! Turns out they were all behind an area that wasn't even told what you had to do. lol

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Well, I did 10 of them just to access the throne room. WORTH

Got Sub, Cassie, and Jade intro and victories and skins. 3 of my more played characters.

Before even doing this I had practically opened every chest that I had access to in the krypt (still don't know how/what to do with those locked green soul looking things) and kept thinking where the fuck are all the intros and outros?! Turns out they were all behind an area that wasn't even told what you had to do. lol
If you head down to the lower pit area, you'll learn how to use the green soul things

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Yeah so I didn't realize they had Cassie's mocha slurp intro locked behind 1K minimum fatals. So anyway. It's worth it. They've put a lot of stuff that you actually want as a MK fan and player behind those doors and it's a really shitty thing. I don't know why they would do this lol

Take advantage of this glitch while you can if you haven't already legitimately gotten all the heads.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Wonder how long it will take before NRS finally removes the grindwall and/or the always online crap. They can't be THAT stupid (I hope...) they have to know its seriously going to kill this game within a month if not sooner...

I looked up the TOS myself, and this is what it said:

https://legal.wbgames.com/mortal-kombat-11-legal/sony/terms-of-service/mk11_tos_ps4_en_GB.html

4. Account Suspension/Deletion
WB GAMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE YOUR ACCESS TO THE GAME SERVER AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.

In using the Game you also agree not to:

• use any data mining tools, robots, virus, worms, bugs, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools on the Service, or frame any portion of the Service, or attempt to tamper, hack, corrupt, or impair the administration or security of the Service;

And since this is a bug people are using to unlock those chests, there's a possible chance WB might hit down hard on people. :/
They already lost 50% of their playerbase because of the MTXs and the tedious grind fest and they'll lose another 50% of it if they ban people, and this time it will include thousands and thousands of competitive players.

---

WB, your greed has no bounds. Who is gonna buy your 18 DLCs if you ban us ? You spitted on our faces by releasing such an insulting product, and now you want to ban us on top of that ? Do you expected us to play fair at one of the most unfair game I've ever seen ? WB is as bad as EA.

This is incredibly tempting, specially after having spent an hour and a half doing fatalities on Kitana to get her impaled head. Are fatalities online counted towards the total for these impaled heads?