What's new

UPDATE: Gear augments will NOT be active in player matches

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
This was clarified in today’s Kombat Kast. I know a lot of people were upset about the vague augments explanation in Game Informer, so I’m making a new thread for better visibility.

Any augments or stat boosts will not apply in player matches. So it sounds like it really will be for single-player towers only.

Any augments or stat boosts will not apply in player matches. So it sounds like it really will be for single-player towers only.
I'm not sure why there was so much confusion about this. I'm dead certain that there was an interview with EB at some stage that pretty much said exactly that. They learnt from I2 and that any augments will only be in the single player game. All online modes may have any cosmetic changes that any augments offer, but no stat boosts.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I'm not sure why there was so much confusion about this. I'm dead certain that there was an interview with EB at some stage that pretty much said exactly that. They learnt from I2 and that any augments will only be in the single player game. All online modes may have any cosmetic changes that any augments offer, but no stat boosts.
There was confusion because everyone thought this exact thing, due to that interview, until the Game Informer article suggested otherwise this week.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Great to hear, but extremely weird that we've had various articles saying otherwise. One of which dropped mere days ago.

Great to hear, but extremely weird that we've had various articles saying otherwise. One of which dropped mere days ago.
The GI interview is probably from a while ago. I think at the time of the interview they wanted to enable augments in casuals but changed their mind in the last month or so.

Wyntword

Noob
Omg this is amazing news, now there's not gonna be that big of a gap between player base like it was in Injusitce 2. Cuz if you go to regular versus online, you can encounter some character with 10k strength, I remember I met a Sub player with 9k or something, 1mb F3 was like 300-400 dmg...

This is truly great news guys!!!

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Don’t know. The necessity of leveling every character up in order to beat a boss for a gear piece pissed me off very much
Fair. I admit, I have very little experience with Injustice 2, so how the boss battles worked in terms of gear is a little beyond me.

I really just want the augments for casual offline and private versus matches. Hoping they're still usable in those modes.

Xelz

Go over there!
There was confusion because everyone thought this exact thing, due to that interview, until the Game Informer article suggested otherwise this week.
Yep, GameInformer caused confusion on this and other topics. Should they be called GameMisinformer from now on?

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I mean, not a deal breaker for me, but it would have been fun to mess around with leveled-up characters in casual matches.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm glad they decided it wouldn't be available in player matches.
However, they also said augments wouldn't affect stats... so I do wonder what they actually do then.

That's great news. The only question is will they make an effort in to balance kustom variations even though it's a casual mode only.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm happy about this because I think it'll make the game more balanced, I get a lot of casuals are probably bummed about it perhaps NRS will just patch a mode for augments only online in the future similar to the KAK allowed modes in MK A way back because not everyone wants to fight KAK's.