What's new

Unsolved Mysteries of MKX: Advantage Armored Launchers

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What? With that toolset what else is he designed to be? He'd have to get a massive overhaul in his moveset to play rushdown or mix up I'd think. How would he play as something else effectively?
You'd basically have to win w 25 d4s, few throws and 20 mids on block w some punishable specials

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Is the debate that moves in MKX don't have 40 frames of recovery or that projectile moves in MKX don't have 40 frames of recovery?

I'm not saying it's fine and should stay...what I'm saying is that across the cast this is nothing strange.

If you ONLY consider vs top tiers you have a reason to complain but this game has like 90 characters. Kenshi is NOT in the bottom 5 of 90 characters.
Who gives a crack about the rest of the cast, it's about Kenshi. Or the ego behind him:DOGE

SonicFox5000

The Best.
All I'm asking for is a + on block launcher like most of the cast

My midget standing 1 doesn't compare to erron blacks ex low grenade which for guessing wrong there's no consequence. Same goes for Quan ex rune, tremor low crystal, etc

In fact give me a launcher that's safe at least. Is this really complaining or is this simply some of us wanting to play the same game erron and others get to play?
Ex sand grenade isnt foolproof and neither is tremors. Nothing is guaranteed. You both are FORCED to make a read.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
All I'm asking for is a + on block launcher like most of the cast

My midget standing 1 doesn't compare to erron blacks ex low grenade which for guessing wrong there's no consequence. Same goes for Quan ex rune, tremor low crystal, etc

In fact give me a launcher that's safe at least. Is this really complaining or is this simply some of us wanting to play the same game erron and others get to play?
The only thing i believe kenshi needs is a HUGE change on his frame data and thats it.

Pig Of The Hut

The only thing i believe kenshi needs is a HUGE change on his frame data and thats it.
That's pretty generic statement

Give me your opinion about this:

First Way to fix Kenshi

Kenjutsu
Bf3 -37 whiff (this removes 3/4 screen punishing but still can be punished by fAst specials and teleports and some normals like erron's gun shot)
Df1 Kenjutsu should be -5
Ex df1 should be able to combo after hitting someone in the air

Balanced:
B2 becomes OH hkd 9%
Ex rk -15
Rk -9
Bf3 -37
OH slash goes from -1 on hit to +5 on hit

Possessed
B2 OH hkd 9%
F4 -7 on block
Air teleport option

******OR*******

Just make these universal changes for all variations

44 becomes High OH
22 recapture becomes +14 up from 0

I'll take either of the above option 1 or 2. Those are my recommendations and I can explain each if needed.

Unreasonable? @KingHippo

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

First Way to fix Kenshi

Kenjutsu
Bf3 -37 whiff (this removes 3/4 screen punishing but still can be punished by fAst specials and teleports and some normals like erron's gun shot)

Balanced:
B2 becomes OH hkd 9%
Ex rk -15
Rk -9
Bf3 -37

Possessed
B2 OH hkd 9%
F4 -7 on block
Air teleport option

******OR*******

44 becomes High OH

I'll take either of the above option 1 or 2. Those are my recommendations and I can explain each if needed.

Unreasonable? @KingHippo
For Kenjutsu do you want Ex overhead sword to be -5 as well? Because I don't think it should (for the normal one I guess it's fine, but it would be alot more annoying for sure).

And I'm not too sure about possessed being able to Teleport in the Air, yes it seems completely fair on paper but it just feels a little suspicious to me.

Besides those 2 little quirks it looks reasonable.

Pig Of The Hut

For Kenjutsu do you want Ex overhead sword to be -5 as well? Because I don't think it should (for the normal one I guess it's fine, but it would be alot more annoying for sure).

And I'm not too sure about possessed being able to Teleport in the Air, yes it seems completely fair on paper but it just feels a little suspicious to me.

Besides those 2 little quirks it looks reasonable.
Ex df1 absolutely should not be -5, it should still remain current

Remember df1 is just 7% and doesn't lead to a combo

Pig Of The Hut

@Derptile also air tele will be about as effective as Takeda's and shinnok which definitely will add a lair and matches the variation design

Personally I'll take option 2 :)

Immortal

Blind justice....

First Way to fix Kenshi

Kenjutsu

Balanced:
B2 becomes OH hkd 9%
Ex rk -15
Rk -9
Bf3 -37

Possessed
B2 OH hkd 9%
F4 -7 on block
Air teleport option

******OR*******

44 becomes High OH

Unreasonable? @KingHippo
I actually think you're aiming to low with 1 option but im way more interested in the 2 option.

Pig Of The Hut

I actually think you're aiming to low with 1 option but im way more interested in the 2 option.
Hey at this point I'll take what I can get and if I get either option I have massive confidence in my ability to outplay every single opponent that stands in my way and bend them backwards

Especially option2

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
@Derptile also air tele will be about as effective as Takeda's and shinnok which definitely will add a lair and matches the variation design

Personally I'll take option 2 :)
I know it doesn't lead into a combo but it's annoying move nonetheless lol.

Also giving Possessed the Air-teleport would make his space control pretty crazy when combined with all his other options(I know it has dumb properties like getting hit on start-up, but still), that's why I'm a little hesitant about it.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Hey at this point I'll take what I can get and if I get either option I have massive confidence in my ability to outplay every single opponent that stands in my way and bend them backwards

Especially option2
I agree with "at this point i'll take what i can get", i feel the same way.

Thou as for option 1 and Balanced i would adjust it slightly since its the weakest overall:

B2 becomes OH hkd 9% (startup frame toned down from 21 to 17)
Ex rk -12
Rk -8
Bf3 -30

Anyway, we need changes, asap. Not in like 2-3 months (and that is what im afraid of).

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker

First Way to fix Kenshi

Kenjutsu

Balanced:
B2 becomes OH hkd 9%
Ex rk -15
Rk -9
Bf3 -37

Possessed
B2 OH hkd 9%
F4 -7 on block
Air teleport option

******OR*******

44 becomes High OH

Unreasonable? @KingHippo
I don't agree because I think much like Tom Brady, you've sort of become obsessed with these one or two hang ups and not actually looking into the tool in a different way. Those tele flurry thing has been run into the ground, and the df1 making an air bounce is another one I've heard forever but I'm not sure how much that would help Kenshi, and not just help the way you play. I admit, I can't blame someone for wanting to play a certain way, but I see djt playing kenshi differently and he's doing alright and all his training partners seem to think kenshi's alright. It's worth looking into

Pig Of The Hut

I don't agree because I think much like Tom Brady, you've sort of become obsessed with these one or two hang ups and not actually looking into the tool in a different way. Those tele flurry thing has been run into the ground, and the df1 making an air bounce is another one I've heard forever but I'm not sure how much that would help Kenshi, and not just help the way you play. I admit, I can't blame someone for wanting to play a certain way, but I see djt playing kenshi differently and he's doing alright and all his training partners seem to think kenshi's alright. It's worth looking into
You know what I see? djt once using Kenshi to not at all.

Infact no one uses him, shouldn't this be kind of a hint?

When djt uses all Kenshi in a tourney and does well and gets top 4 I'll be interested in apologizing for being wrong.

I've looked at his play, At my own and pondered all ways to play him. I use every variation, explored full screen, mid and close games, Zoning and rush down.

This goes for any other player as well, if @YOMI DJT uses him for one MU and wins on stream don't bother, I'm talking about complete tourney viability at a stacked major

Or sonic fox or anyone really

SonicFox5000

The Best.

First Way to fix Kenshi

Kenjutsu

Balanced:
B2 becomes OH hkd 9%
Ex rk -15
Rk -9
Bf3 -37

Possessed
B2 OH hkd 9%
F4 -7 on block
Air teleport option

******OR*******

44 becomes High OH

Unreasonable? @KingHippo
i think you should look at all his moves. even his pointless moves are minus a billion

Pig Of The Hut

i think you should look at all his moves. even his pointless moves are minus a billion
I agree w you, but they aren't going to completely overhaul his data

That's why I'm suggesting what I suggest. You don't have to tell me how negative he is everywhere from normals, pokes to specials

I'm getting little to NO top player support here, so you agree w me about Kenshi or disagree ?

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I agree w you, but they aren't going to completely overhaul his data

That's why I'm suggesting what I suggest. You don't have to tell me how negative he is everywhere from normals, pokes to specials

I'm getting little to NO top player support here, so you agree w me about Kenshi or disagree ?
i disagree on RK becoming -9 but thats it