What's new

Unlockables and Gear System?

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
I hope they do have an Injustice 2-like customization system, I had a lot of fun and spent a good bit of time decking my characters out exactly as I liked them. The prevalence of MK-like face masks definitely didn't hurt. Skins are no substitute

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to go back to a simple skin system like in Mortal Kombat XL, save give extra skins to DLC characters as well.

Just get me to the Character Select screen, let me choose my Character, skin, and Kameo.
This is what I was thinking as well, it could be because of older builds, but in the shown gameplay clips there was no indication that there will be a skin select button when locking in your character (and kameo as well, since we already saw Sonya having 1 skins).

Which implies that there will be a menu option for customization like in MK11, but it is likely that there won't be gear pieces anymore, only the option to set the default skin for your chars and kameos.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I wouldn't be against an IJ2 system but I don't want to have to delete custom stuff or convert to make better. That's why I think MK11 improved on that a bit. TBH. I really love the way MK11 did the custom outfits. I don't know why they haven't allowed you to just use crystals to buy everything yet. I mean ... I can understand some skins you have to purchase or super rare. But so many skins and icons are missing. I've played it tons and still am missing tons. I also wish in ranked you could randomize your outfit but unless you make a custom tournament you can't. I also don't think Rain's classic skin looks purple so I'm glad to see in MK1 he is back to basics. I have no doubt we will have Scorpion in every color of the rainbow. BTW. everyone seems to pick the orange scorpion online....I do not think orange is a flattering color at all. It's rare you see men or women wear orange. I hope they give the ninjas the UMK3 and MK2 skins this time.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't care how things are unlocked as long as you can do it passively by playing ANY mode you'd like. Forcing people to play the absolutely awful towers is such a slog that I gave up on them after a few weeks of release. NRS knows most people don't enjoy them, otherwise they wouldn't have an AI build option.

"I hate this mode in a video game so much that I want the game to play it for me while I do something else."

Let's be honest, though. Nothing will change. There will likely be a ton of content locked behind shit no one wants to do. I bought the most expensive version of MK11 and I never even saw 75% of the Brutalities in the game.

I don't mind unlocking things. I have always enjoyed it, actually. You just shouldn't be tied to doing one mode of the game that no one likes to do so.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The issue with mk11 was that there was no real option to just unlock everything at once which was included in the base game. You pay for something which you/the majority of people who bought it has no access to is just a strange practice.

T7 did solve that at least for the base game where it unlocked everything when you reached a certain amount of matches played. This did not applied to later dlc which lead to the same issues as with mk11.

I am fine with special costumes etc locked behind certain special achievements which are hard to get or take a long time but that shouldn't apply to the general content of the base game.
if you ver 2000 hours in the game, it unlockes every unlockable in the game, including dlcs

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I don't care how things are unlocked as long as you can do it passively by playing ANY mode you'd like. Forcing people to play the absolutely awful towers is such a slog that I gave up on them after a few weeks of release. NRS knows most people don't enjoy them, otherwise they wouldn't have an AI build option.

"I hate this mode in a video game so much that I want the game to play it for me while I do something else."

Let's be honest, though. Nothing will change. There will likely be a ton of content locked behind shit no one wants to do. I bought the most expensive version of MK11 and I never even saw 75% of the Brutalities in the game.

I don't mind unlocking things. I have always enjoyed it, actually. You just shouldn't be tied to doing one mode of the game that no one likes to do so.

Thats my issue with towers and modes like it. I'm not playing MK11 at that point. Like I can't practice my combos or execution in a mode where I'm being blasted with missiles and modifiers. The fastest and most consistent way to beat Towers mode was to just hold block and spam your own modifiers. Who actually believes that shit is fun?

molambo

(X ౪ X )
if you ver 2000 hours in the game, it unlockes every unlockable in the game, including dlcs
Which game do you talk about, t7?
Is this new? Never heard about it.

Edit. You mean the 2000 matches to unlock everything in the base game but not the dlc. That's a thing, yes but that doesn't include the dlc stuff.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Which game do you talk about, t7?
Is this new? Never heard about it.
Tekken 7. If you play 2000 total matches, combined across any modes, you unlock all of the non-dlc customization items.
You normally unlock items by playing whats called "Treasure Battle", which is just an endless gauntlet of matches where you win random items. Getting bonuses for getting streaks and perfects.

EDIT: Wait nvm, you were already talking about that. My bad

Who actually believes that shit is fun?
Extremely casual people, who are actually the bulk of the game's customer base.

It's crazy but true, competitive players are actually the minority of customers. Most people buy the game to enjoy the Story Mode, screw with Towers, and do a few Fatalities on their buddies after button mashing. That's it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Extremely casual people, who are actually the bulk of the game's customer base.

It's crazy but true, competitive players are actually the minority of customers. Most people buy the game to enjoy the Story Mode, screw with Towers, and do a few Fatalities on their buddies after button mashing. That's it.
Yeah thats true. People loved World Tour in SF6 and I thought it was annoying af because I couldn't use it to practice anything

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Exactly, grinding in a game is fun, provided it's FUN.