What's new

General/Other Unlimited Meter

Smoke can smoke port away and shake until he gains full meter, If your opponent closes in and trys to attack you can air teleport punch and begin again from the other side.

So now you can't be comboed and have a 34% damage anti air xray at your disposal at all times. :)

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
This is....impractical, to say the least.

It would take forever to build an entire meter this way and teleport characters won't have a problem closing the space.

Not to mention that smoke towards and away only avoids projectiles, so if someone were to get close enough and you smoke away/towards, you could be comboed right out of it.

hardwire

Noob
Smoke can smoke port away and shake until he gains full meter, If your opponent closes in and trys to attack you can air teleport punch and begin again from the other side.

So now you can't be comboed and have a 34% damage anti air xray at your disposal at all times. :)
over head teleport is extreamly unsafe

and smoke away and smoke toward can be attacked knocking you out of it.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Air teleport is only unsafe if they see it coming. I suppose characters with 7 frame uppercuts can hit it on reaction, but your opponent would have to be very quick.

Best strategy ever.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Well you can safely do a free shake after stuff like f4 on hit (where you can't combo anyway)
just to fill your meter. And maybe to bait an attack.
Shake has highest meter gain of all specials.
Even if it whiffs.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
OP. I do what you do in online matches with smoke when I have like 80% health and they have under 10%. I just do it to troll them and piss them off, also to build meter and finish them with an x-ray to troll them further. Its good fun watching them to specials to try and get me and see many opportunities to finish them but to just carry on smoking away and toward.

This is a great idea if they are playing keep away or heavy zoning, but if it's a rush down, it's impractical in my eyes.

OP. I do what you do in online matches with smoke when I have like 80% health and they have under 10%. I just do it to troll them and piss them off, also to build meter and finish them with an x-ray to troll them further. Its good fun watching them to specials to try and get me and see many opportunities to finish them but to just carry on smoking away and toward.
And this is why I get so much hate mail because I main Smoke.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
And this is why I get so much hate mail because I main Smoke.
Seems to me that that is more the behavior of someone who would send hate mail, rather than an indicator of a larger online conspiracy of Smoke douche-baggery. Shit talkers are shit talkers. The person who hate mails Smoke will, just as readily, hate mail any character and any tactic after a loss. Or a win. Or a disconnect.

The internet is overflowing with turds. Don't worry about it.

You build like 1/8 of meter doing a special move you build double that if your opponent blocks. Teleport away and throw smoke bombs if they block you build a lot of meter to burn and use it to EX shake when they try to hit you and they can't do anything (few moves go through it). If they start wave dashing wait until get into jp range and get a free jump in.