What's new

Tech - Master of Souls Universal wakeup reversal setups

Yesterday, I found some interesting tech that allows me to reverse wakeups. And the setup is loopable.
So ending a combo in b1D2 during different gravity states allows different wakeup reversals. For example, do a meaty b1d2, chances are they will face the right while you're on the right. Vice versa if it's not meaty.

Their is two combos, one meaty, one that isn't but gives a lot of advantage. Remember, meaty means they'll most likely be on the right, not meaty=left.
**(SC=Soul Charge I believe it's called)
Meaty-F213,S4xxSC up, D1, B1D2. (32%) Dash into early jump.

Not meaty-F213, NJP, FJK,B1D2 (28%)

I tested this against all characters but 3(Predator, Jason, Tremor) I don't have that dlc so can't test it.

Some characters can get out of it (2-3 characters that I tested)

Best chance to get out of it is to Backdash or use a wakeup that hits vertically. Now even though I listed backdashing as a option. Beware because you might Backdash to the corner or get hit out of it.

Here's the video:

I didn't list the time on the video on which I reverse a character's wakeup. But they go 1st to last in the character select screen.
Charterers that the setup works on completely is listed in green, yellow if troublesome, red if it doesn't work.

Green :
Jax
Sonya
Kenshi
Kitana (Except one wakeup, will be listed below)
Sub Zero
Takeda
Cassie (Except one wakeup, will be listed below)
Jacqui
Kung Jin (Except one wakeup, will be listed below)
Tanya (Couldn't test teleports)
Shinnok
Kano
Erron Black
Liu Kang
Kotal Khan
Reptile
Dvorah
Quan Chi
Mileena (Except one wakeup, will be listed below)

Yellow:
Ferra Torr(I think I was messing up the setup on him. But his charge has a huge hitbox)
Kung Jin's Sky rise wakeup(Goes so far can be hard to punish, but teleport catches it just fine. Sometimes the wakeup still hits you)
Kitana's Rising blade wakeup (Just njk it but hard timing)
Cassie's (Sky drop? Her missile in spec ops. If you don't stuff the move, you have to worry about the missile)

Red:
Raiden's Vicinity Blast (Hit box around the character)

Kung Lao(Spin catches everything, even though he's going the wrong way)

Mileena's tele-port (hits you in mid-air)

@zaf

zaf

professor
Ill be watching this later today.
Ill give you feedback and further discuss the topic later on today.

Good stuff dude

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Add tremor to the can't be stuffed list. He can hold his armoured upward punch and use it as a wakeup anti-air.

I've been using a similar setup with Jacqui.