What's new

Strategy Underutilizing b1?

OnlineRon91

Joker++
The Joker can combo b1 xx bounce-able interactables or 3d. Why settle for 11% when you can go for 38%? Make that without meter.

As of Patch 1.06 b1 xx 3d works on everyone, regardless of stance. In the previous patches it only worked on 60% of the cast and was stance dependent so it wasn't too viable. We now have a damaging low threat that doesn't require setup as long as your near a bounce-able interact.

Here are some sample combos –
A. b1 xx 3d, b3, d2 xx db3f, ji2, db3f, 3 xx bf2, 32 (1 hit) xx bf2 – 38% (Damage)
B. b1 xx 3d, b3, d2 xx db3f, ji2, db3f, 32 (1 hit) xx bf3mb - 33% (OTG/Safe Teeth Setup/Jump-In Setup)
C. b1 xx 3d, b3, d2 xx db3f, ji2, db3f, 213 - 32% (Safe Teeth Setup/Jump-In Setup)
D. b1 xx 3d - 9% (Safe Teeth and/or Jump-In Setup)

Thanks to StevoSuprem0 for testing out MMH and Zatanna for us.

Updated as of Patch 1.06

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Wow awesome find!
This is huge for Joker and is makes his b1 a genuine threat now outside of the hard knockdown.
Its a shame it can't be hitconfirmed though. Do we know how punishable it is on block?
Cuz we could use it after people respect his b2, however since we have no real overhead option there is no real point to not block low against Joker.
I have a feeling it might be spacing dependent, going to experiment a bit as well.

Good find regardless.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
We do have instant nj2 as an overhead threat once they start blocking low.
instant nj2, land, 11 xx bounce-able interact, b3, d2 xx db3f, ji2, db3f, 3 xx bf2, 32 (1 hit) xx bf2 – 41%

Both of these are risky, especially nj2. Atleast with b1 you can mix in Acid Blossom or 3 though.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Good find man. I haven't played Injustice for real in like a week, but I'm going to go into the lab with Joker to test this out. Nice shit.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Ugh, I literally tried this a while ago in training, but it was against fucking Superman... Mother. Fucker. Good find dude. Really hate that shit like this doesn't work on half the cast though... they REALLY need to normalize hitboxes in this game, or at least fix it in situations like this where there clearly should be no difference from character to character. Joker is plagued by this issue more than most.
Just checked- these strings can be cancelled into the teeth "hard to block" resets, which can be linked into teeth setups for some solid damage.
So, if the stars align where you are going against a character that this works on, are in the correct stance, and are in position for a bounce interactable, this is solid.
However, it looks like the bounce whiffs if they block the low, leaving you crazy exposed. Ergo, like everything with Joker, it's risky as hell.
Conclusion: an awesome find and great tool to the arsenal, but not going to be a game changer unfortunately =(. Good work regardless OnlineRon.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Thanks guys. Stevo, the interact move is a high for all characters I believe so it can be crouched and you can get massively punished if they know what's coming. :(

More often than not though, I believe they will most likely be looking for an overhead 3 and will end up blocking the interact move, which to add insult to injury, is very - on block, don't know exactly by how much though.

Anyone tried this on MMH or Zatanna yet? I'd like to update the OP.

StevoSuprem0

Missed that, sorry! It works on Martain Manhunter in both stances, and only when chest is toward the screen against Zatanna.

StevoSuprem0

One this to remember with this is that ji2 switches your stance. So when you do memorize the stance that you need to be in for each matchup(stupid, fix this NRS, it's not tech, it's just a pain in the ass), then use ji2's so swap stances. I think 213 works as well. Just a way to make this a little easier to prep for without having to waste time changing stances.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Nice.
But everyone I play who knows the match up just blocks low all the time. :/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

StevoSuprem0

Yuuuuppp =)
You also have to option of going for teeth setups by letting them fall on teeth and follow up with a j2/3 since it's a hard KD. Depends on the matchup and what they can wakeup with.