What's new

Strategy - Quan Chi Understanding Quan Chi's B2-Trance Option Select

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Good shit. I wonder if Shinnok has any good option selects.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
At least the SF ones have ways they can be blown up, these ones are just have the cake & eat it to but here's a free beer with it
I know this is a phrase uttered by mostly mentally retarded people on this site but this has the potential to screw up balance majorly. It's pretty much auto-footsies, no need to hitconfirm. How do you balance a character around these OS?

haketh

Noob
I know this is a phrase uttered by mostly mentally retarded people on this site but this has the potential to screw up balance majorly. It's pretty much auto-footsies, no need to hitconfirm. How do you balance a character around these OS?
I have absolutely no idea man, hope the input system isn't to inflexible enough for this to not be fixed.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I have absolutely no idea man, hope the input system isn't to inflexible enough for this to not be fixed.
@Qwark28

I'm currently of the opinion that he needs it. People don't realize that every single string quan has is negative. Most of them like -12 and more. His low B32 is -14 and the full B324 is also -14. The ONLY way to make any of his offense safe is with EX Rune, and all, I do mean ALL of his strings are full interruptable with armor. Even his D3 Ex Rune can be armored. And they can be backdashed by many characters too. It's not our fault that people STILL aren't doing it.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Maybe it's just me, but doing that on hit IS cancelling my trance.
Do it how you're doing it, and then start slowing down the cancel input, adding a little space between the trance, and the cancel. When the trance starts coming out on hit, you've found the timing it'll take for it to cancel on block only.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Death of Footsies thread by M2Dave 60,000 views,

A thread actually important and relevant to the game, barely staying a float,

Seems like 2015 TYM,

Good god.

Edit: thanks for making this Mayo, because when Dizzy explained it on ATP that was the first time I actually understood how the OS cancel shit worked in this game, nobody else was explaining it properly, so its really great to have a video like this and I hope others follow,

thanks man

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
How long has this been known? I heard Dizzy talking about it on Aris's podcast then this thread popped up. I staunchly support all option selects being removed from the game, but this one isn't even worth complaining about. Both options are punishable.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I really like this and appreciate the work you've done for us, Professor Mayo.

So, i have a question. Awhile back, i remember hearing talk of Sub Zero being able to option select between freeze and clone. The gist of which was that on block he would clone and on hit he would do a freeze. Was/is this a thing?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if Quan could have a similat set up between Trance and another special.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
I really like this and appreciate the work you've done for us, Professor Mayo.

So, i have a question. Awhile back, i remember hearing talk of Sub Zero being able to option select between freeze and clone. The gist of which was that on block he would clone and on hit he would do a freeze. Was/is this a thing?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if Quan could have a similat set up between Trance and another special.
Possibly? Try adding close rune to the same string instead of B1. I'd assume that would get the result you're looking for. (Trance on hit, Rune on block)

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Hang on, im working for a few hours today so I can't test this right now, but if you use B2-Trance, can you OS with (warlock) EN. Portal Scoop??? I must know this :confused:

Edit: nvm, i think I completely misunderstood what was happening here. If that works then great! But im sure that all that "should" happen is that the trance never comes out.

Last edited:

BROJOB

Noob
Why do non Quan players always come into this forum and complain about how he needs to be nerfed? Maybe if you learned to play your character and practiced on defending you wouldn't need to waste your time on QQing so much.