What's new

UMK3 without infinites

After seeing so many broken-combo videos by guys like SHOCK, _ded and others( please forgive me as i dont remember all names) i was just getting curious that whether the game-development team that creates mortal kombat games has ever contacted these guys to do-testing for their MK games.

It will be a good step taken by the game-company in improving the quality of MK games.

If they can release a single version of UMK3 with no infinites then it would be a great game for UMK3 fans?

I am not sure but maybe u guys( who create these broken videos) can contact Ed-boon and show him ur skill( unless u already have very good jobs :D ).

So i wish that UMK3 is released without infinites and i think it can be achieved with the help from these brilliant guys who go through so many permutations and creates such extraordinary broken videos.

Thanks

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There is a slim chance that patches will be available for UMK3 on 360, but I doubt it. The results would be from various high level gamers.

Derek

Noob
Shock said:
There is a slim chance that patches will be available for UMK3 on 360, but I doubt it. The results would be from various high level gamers.
I hope not. Since it's supposed to be a "arcade perfect" port, I want the game I played at the arcade in 1996.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well don't worry because I doubt anyone is going to do any extra work.

it's very rarely u see infinites in competitive play. I think they should keep them. They are hard enough to do plus when someone does them it looks cool.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Infinites do not have a huge influence on the outcome of competitive UMK3 matches. Every now and then you see a Kung Lao inf, or part of one, or a Stryker inf, that's about it.

what about reptile's infinite?
infinites makes gameplay tottaly different.

a player has to watch for single opportunity to start inf.
Without inf a match continues longer and player will have to formulate different strategies in a single match.

so, although kabal is the best player but playing against him is better than playing against a player who can start infinite easily.
I accept that i am not good enough to do infinites, but still i think it changes the whole gameplay.

that means a player has to give one chance per fight to lose.

if the speed of this arcade version is increased a bit and a few infintes combos are fixed then it would be a much better game.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kabal has a higher probability to connect 3 successful combos vs Reptile, than Reptile has to connect one infinite against him. It is possible for Reptile to inf Kabal, but extremely difficult.

I don't think you just simply make the decision to go for infinites or not. It's isn't chess, you don't plan things out before the match actually starts. There are few things you can plan, the rest depends on what situations occur, and what calls you make.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
DAVE101 said:
I don't think you just simply make the decision to go for infinites or not. It's isn't chess, you don't plan things out before the match actually starts. There are few things you can plan, the rest depends on what situations occur, and what calls you make.
Yeah but games of UMK3 are highly anticipational like crap Capcom and Namco

(joking, joking, but the few people who get the reference might get a good chuckle out of it :p)

krsx

Noob
The infintes in UMK3 are awesome, same with all the high damage combos. The majority are so hard to pull off, that anyone who gets one against me (especialy with Kailerra lag) I congratulate. I think the only full inf anyone has done on me on mame is Kung Lao's easy corner, and the only ones I've done (in part or full) are Nightwolf's corner kick, relaunch and Lao's corner and cross screen - so it's not like they're a huge factor anyways.

The infintes in MKD are just annoying.